JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

New

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Post by 20140807 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:39 pm

USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR SPAMMING

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:47 pm

natashka85 wrote:
well,if u know how to read u will notice that I mentioned in my post that i withdrew my test not that I cancelled it,don`t know didn`t wanna rush things ,somehow felt good taking that in June.
I didn't understand the difference, hopefully I will never be put into a situation where I have to consider those altenatives. Sorry to falsely imply you cancelled. Whatever the case, good luck and welcome to the group. A couple PT plans, which some of us are following, are in the second post on the first page.

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:30 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
natashka85 wrote:
well,if u know how to read u will notice that I mentioned in my post that i withdrew my test not that I cancelled it,don`t know didn`t wanna rush things ,somehow felt good taking that in June.
I didn't understand the difference, hopefully I will never be put into a situation where I have to consider those altenatives. Sorry to falsely imply you cancelled. Whatever the case, good luck and welcome to the group. A couple PT plans, which some of us are following, are in the second post on the first page.

Well ,the schedule sounds awesome,just one question how u guys chat,by posting in this forum or directly doing tinychat?
so the review for PT41 will be on 2/20/2013 at 8 PM eastern time?
Last edited by natashka85 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:32 pm

On break from PT41. This is a disaster. Timing problems on every section so far, even though I went into the last game with about 12 minutes left (those last two questions were rough). Both LRs have been a slog, and I had to guess on at least two questions due to time.

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:03 pm

i need a little help on an advance linear unbalanced game, its PT 16 G3. the one with R/S/T houses.

im trying to find the best approach for this game. 7sage's vid suggested splitting game boards right at the front. i understand the way he did it my problem is under the time pressure and everything how do you know to split or not to split. i know this is a stupid question, but i mean obviously, he already solve the game so he knows it can split into 4 frames. but as a test taker, how do we know? or do you guys just treat it more like a back-end game.

any tips are welcomed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:09 pm

We still on for review tonight?

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:15 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:We still on for review tonight?
I'm free all night so whatever is best for the group.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
Same. Let us know yall

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:24 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:
Same. Let us know yall

aren`t y guys review on the 20th acc to the schedule on the first page of this forum?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:35 pm

natashka85 there's about six of us, or more, following my PT schedule because we decided that doing the later PTs before the end of May/June would be better than taking them according to armed's schedule. The dates on my schedule are dates to take the PTs, and they're all relative. Posting review dates is pointless because everyone has different schedules. We're reviewing PT 41 tonight.

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Daily_Double wrote:natashka85 there's about six of us, or more, following my PT schedule because we decided that doing the later PTs before the end of May/June would be better than taking them according to armed's schedule. The dates on my schedule are dates to take the PTs, and they're all relative. Posting review dates is pointless because everyone has different schedules. We're reviewing PT 41 tonight.

so how can i follow your schedule,i probably can`t tonight but definitely will review PT 42 w u guys ,so are u guys doing review on this forum or tinychat?

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:39 pm

eliztudorr wrote:i need a little help on an advance linear unbalanced game, its PT 16 G3. the one with R/S/T houses.

im trying to find the best approach for this game. 7sage's vid suggested splitting game boards right at the front. i understand the way he did it my problem is under the time pressure and everything how do you know to split or not to split. i know this is a stupid question, but i mean obviously, he already solve the game so he knows it can split into 4 frames. but as a test taker, how do we know? or do you guys just treat it more like a back-end game.

any tips are welcomed.
I just did it in 4:37, -0, and didn't use frames. Did you apply the rules to catch the inferences that since R is three, S is 6, a T must be 5, and since S is 6, a T must be 8? I just worked from my initial diagram and made a hypo on the third question and the fifth question. Frames seem like a waste of time on this game.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:42 pm

natashka85 wrote: so how can i follow your schedule,i probably can`t tonight but definitely will review PT 42 w u guys ,so are u guys doing review on this forum or tinychat?
We use the same online rooms that Manhattan uses. There hasn't been a problem yet, and it's much better than tiny chat. I'll PM you the link.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:i need a little help on an advance linear unbalanced game, its PT 16 G3. the one with R/S/T houses.

any tips are welcomed.
I just did it in 4:37, -0, and didn't use frames. Did you apply the rules to catch the inferences that since R is three, S is 6, a T must be 5, and since S is 6, a T must be 8? I just worked from my initial diagram and made a hypo on the third question and the fifth question. Frames seem like a waste of time on this game.
wow 4:37 amazing. so you did it it your head right? i see. ok im going to try the game again tonight when it's not as "recent" in my head. i got the inferences. but somehow when im answering questions they take me longer (the fastest i've tried on this game is 7 min..). so, on your main diagram, do you have split duos on the rest of the slots? or you just do them as you go? thanks for taking the time to answer my question. you are AWESOME!

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:03 pm

I am still blind reviewing but I can stop at any point if you guys want to get the review going.

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:16 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:I am still blind reviewing but I can stop at any point if you guys want to get the review going.
sorry..but what is blind reviewing. i saw this term a few times..

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:18 pm

eliztudorr, I'm not sure what you mean about the split duos. I tried to post my diagram but I can't figure it out. It looked like this, but alot better

R, S, T

~consec
RT/TR or TRT
~SS (linear)

__ R T __
__ __ S T

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Daily_Double wrote:eliztudorr, I'm not sure what you mean about the split duos. I tried to post my diagram but I can't figure it out. It looked like this, but alot better

R, S, T

~consec
RT/TR or TRT
~SS (linear)

__ R T __
__ __ S T
yea thats what i have too..cuz 7sage have like S/T on slot 1 and so on..just mastering the possibilities.

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:21 pm

I won't be able to make the review tonight folks but I will be on this thread asking questions and discussing tomorrow.

Best of luck and keep kicking ass. I'll update with my 41 score tomorrow.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Daily_Double wrote:

any tips are welcomed.
Wow, 4:37 is really great. I just did it in like double that (about 8:30, but messed up on a question that took me a while). Also did not use frames. Had to write out a hypo for #14 (to make sure that the R's facing each other were 3 and 4 and not 7 and 8 ). Caught the inference that T was a 5 but not that T was an 8, so that messed me up a bit and made me take much longer. Great job!
Last edited by wtrc on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:25 pm

weathercoins wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:

any tips are welcomed.
Wow, 4:37 is really great. I just did it in like double that (about 8:30, but messed up on a question that took me a while). Also did not use frames. Had to write out a hypo for #14 (to make sure that the R's facing each other were 3 and 4 and not 7 and 8). Caught the inference that T was a 5 but not that T was an 8, so that messed me up a bit and made me take much longer. Great job!
right? 4:37 is really...amazing..im not sure how you achieved that :O ok so both of you didn't use frames. im gonna try that.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:26 pm

weathercoins wrote:Wow, 4:37 is really great. I just did it in like double that (about 8:30, but messed up on a question that took me a while). Also did not use frames. Had to write out a hypo for #14 (to make sure that the R's facing each other were 3 and 4 and not 7 and 8). Caught the inference that T was a 5 but not that T was an 8, so that messed me up a bit and made me take much longer. Great job!
Thanks, but I have probably done it at least once before, seeing as it's from 1-38 and I've drilled all the games at least once from that Cambridge bundle.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Let's do this review. I have to something to do in two hours, sleep.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:57 pm

PT41

LR: -3
LG: -0
LR: -4
RC: -1

93 / 174

Guessed on 2 questions in the last LR section, and suffered for it.

EDIT: I'm in the room (I think).

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Daily_Double wrote:Let's do this review. I have to something to do in two hours, sleep.
Cool, me and objection already there

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”