JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

griffin.811
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:30 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby griffin.811 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:38 pm

F%*#!!!!

Just finished PT 41 --> 161. -7 on games. All on the last game because I misread H sits next to Neither, for H sits next to EITHER!

Over this test...

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:41 pm

griffin.811 wrote:F%*#!!!!

Just finished PT 41 --> 161. -7 on games. All on the last game because I misread H sits next to Neither, for H sits next to EITHER!

Over this test...


Still, great work. If you would have done things differently, you would have surely hit 169/170s, which if I remember correctly is an increase from your previous PTs. I'm looking forward to the review tomorrow, I have some decent insights to some of the tricky ones as well.

griffin.811
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:30 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby griffin.811 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
griffin.811 wrote:F%*#!!!!

Just finished PT 41 --> 161. -7 on games. All on the last game because I misread H sits next to Neither, for H sits next to EITHER!

Over this test...


Still, great work. If you would have done things differently, you would have surely hit 169/170s, which if I remember correctly is an increase from your previous PTs. I'm looking forward to the review tomorrow, I have some decent insights to some of the tricky ones as well.


Yeah man, me too. A little frustrated at the moment so I may go play some 2k, or real ball for a few, come back and do some self review.

Game wasn't even that difficult. Just a sequencing with a little twist smh..

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:35 pm

griffin.811 wrote:F%*#!!!!

Just finished PT 41 --> 161. -7 on games. All on the last game because I misread H sits next to Neither, for H sits next to EITHER!

Over this test...


Don't worry about it happens to everyone. Happened to me on that game actually but luckily I had enough time to go back and make the necessary adjustments... and yet I still went -3 :/ Just another lesson to be learned about reading closely.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:Damn I probably won't be available at that time. If there are others that are okay for tomorrow as well, can we reschedule for then?


Yeah I suppose we could, I'm busy all afternoon tomorrow though, leaving tomorrow morning, until noon, or anytime tomorrow evening after 5:00 PM. I'm also referring to the central time zone.


Is this 41? I took 39 today, but can take 41 tomorrow if that's what is happening. Otherwise I'll have to catch the next one.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:28 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:Damn I probably won't be available at that time. If there are others that are okay for tomorrow as well, can we reschedule for then?


Yeah I suppose we could, I'm busy all afternoon tomorrow though, leaving tomorrow morning, until noon, or anytime tomorrow evening after 5:00 PM. I'm also referring to the central time zone.


Is this 41? I took 39 today, but can take 41 tomorrow if that's what is happening. Otherwise I'll have to catch the next one.


Yeah, we're referring to 41. Take it And we'll see you tomorrow night. Good luck.

shieldofachilles
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby shieldofachilles » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm pretty sure the game were talking about from 41 wasn't a sequencing game--it was a mapping game. The problem with that game I think was trying to shove it into a ps type diagram when you really can't. Totally screwed that game up but after the fact was just like..shit this game wasn't even that hard it was just a curveball I wasn't ready for and got caught off guard.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:01 pm

I haven't taken this test before, but I've definitely see the RC section and several of the LR questions seemed familiar from PS/MLSAT. I only did 4 sections, used a digital timer (+ proctor video), did not use a bubble sheet, mechanical pencil, and I stood up and did a lap around my apartment in between each section. So not exactly test-like conditions.

I did blind review only on the two LR sections before grading. It takes forever but you can feel yourself "level up."


PT39

LG: -2
LR: -1 (#11, principle)
RC: -1
LR: -1 (#22, weakensX)

96 / 177

My highest PT last cycle was a 172, so it's nice to see something 175+. I thought I had LG in the bag, and even had time to check over a couple of the games. Still, I've struggled with games throughout my prep, and a -2 sure beats what I was averaging last time around.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:26 pm

Good work objection, I know it takes forever to do both a PT and the blind review so your dedication was pretty awesome. Think you have the energy to take PT 41 tomorrow? The more people at the review, the better it will be.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 pm

That's the plan. PM me the link, if you can — I have an old one that I'm pretty sure you guys aren't using anymore.

User avatar
crazyrobin
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby crazyrobin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:47 pm

Damn, every time I saw you guys posting your full time PT progress I get a little anxious.

User avatar
CanILive
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby CanILive » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:04 am

Moved on to drilling grouping games today.

Getting handled pretty badly by the binary games....

Can't wait to get to PTs! PT > Drilling.

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby eliztudorr » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:19 am

crazyrobin wrote:Damn, every time I saw you guys posting your full time PT progress I get a little anxious.


me too..cuz im no where near their progress....

jmjm
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:59 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby jmjm » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:36 am

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:
jmjm wrote:Began prep for June today with PT-38 LR.
-2, -3 in LR1 and LR2
LR-2 has an "item removed from scoring". Would the real test-takers have seen the item?


I think so, but you don't get credit even if you get it right.


That makes a difference. Real testtakers would have had no way of knowing it would not be scored and invested time in answering it, something a PT taker would not do.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:07 am

Today I drilled and dug as deep as I possibly could into PTs 39-41, I'm still not done digging, it takes so long. I think I'm beginning to get into the mind of a test maker, and I like it. I also redid some complex ordering games.

Games: Complex Ordering
4 games, (17:01), level 1, -1, I'm an idiot for this one, the question asked if X is four, and Y is Six, how many remaining positions can you determine, and I read it to mean how many total positions
4 games, (16:58), level 1/2, -0
4 games, (19:11), level 2, -0

griffin.811
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:30 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby griffin.811 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:03 am

shieldofachilles wrote:I'm pretty sure the game were talking about from 41 wasn't a sequencing game--it was a mapping game. The problem with that game I think was trying to shove it into a ps type diagram when you really can't. Totally screwed that game up but after the fact was just like..shit this game wasn't even that hard it was just a curveball I wasn't ready for and got caught off guard.


Technically mapping, but its easier to think of it as sequencing IMO. Just unwrap the circle and you have a straight line. That's why I said with a twist, but the important thing is that you get it correct, which I clearly didnt.

shieldofachilles
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby shieldofachilles » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:18 am

I get what ur sayin but there's no linearity to the game..it's a circle and ur not assigning a number to a seat. The seating arrangement is what it's important and who sits next to who but there's no inherent ordering to the game. Think the best pseudo diagram for this is just seats in a circle bc of the rule that says three spaces between is across. Of u think about it it's pretty logical. Draw a round table with 6 seats and every three seats is across. I tried the straight line and it worked horribly for me. Just my two cents

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:32 am

shieldofachilles wrote:I get what ur sayin but there's no linearity to the game..it's a circle and ur not assigning a number to a seat. The seating arrangement is what it's important and who sits next to who but there's no inherent ordering to the game. Think the best pseudo diagram for this is just seats in a circle bc of the rule that says three spaces between is across. Of u think about it it's pretty logical. Draw a round table with 6 seats and every three seats is across. I tried the straight line and it worked horribly for me. Just my two cents


I did mapping, I'll explain why tomorrow, but it's the best, because its easier to see the relationships, diagramming method for this game.

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby fips tedora » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:26 am

Doing preptest 30 today (4 sections timed-3 back to back) once I get through 38, I'll start adding another section and catch-up with you guys.

griffin.811
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:30 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby griffin.811 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:50 am

shieldofachilles wrote:I get what ur sayin but there's no linearity to the game..it's a circle and ur not assigning a number to a seat. The seating arrangement is what it's important and who sits next to who but there's no inherent ordering to the game. Think the best pseudo diagram for this is just seats in a circle bc of the rule that says three spaces between is across. Of u think about it it's pretty logical. Draw a round table with 6 seats and every three seats is across. I tried the straight line and it worked horribly for me. Just my two cents


I see what you mean about the ordering piece...Just the first thought that popped into my mind when I saw it. I thought "this would be the same exact thing if I drew these place holders ins a straight line, but the lack of ordering would make this a mapping.

I actually did draw this out as a circle with the place holders.

natashka85
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby natashka85 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Guys here from Feb Thread,ended up withdrawing my test,taking this in June,need an online study partner that can take tests 2 a week for 7 sections and share w me all the things ,but that person has to be scoring above 170 anyone volunteers?

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby wtrc » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:50 pm

natashka85 wrote:Guys here from Feb Thread,ended up withdrawing my test,taking this in June,need an online study partner that can take tests 2 a week for 7 sections and share w me all the things ,but that person has to be scoring above 170 anyone volunteers?


What do you mean 7 sections? What do you mean share with me all the things? And what are you scoring at?

natashka85
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby natashka85 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:05 pm

weathercoins wrote:
natashka85 wrote:Guys here from Feb Thread,ended up withdrawing my test,taking this in June,need an online study partner that can take tests 2 a week for 7 sections and share w me all the things ,but that person has to be scoring above 170 anyone volunteers?


What do you mean 7 sections? What do you mean share with me all the things? And what are you scoring at?






I am scoring above 170 ,so i need someone on the same level w me,i mean doing drilling during the week,and a timed test once a week for 7 sections to build endurance ,by sharing i mean discussing particulars from the material,thanks.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm

natashka85 wrote:I am scoring above 170 ,so i need someone on the same level w me,i mean doing drilling during the week,and a timed test once a week for 7 sections to build endurance ,by sharing i mean discussing particulars from the material,thanks.


If you don't mind me asking, why did you cancel if you're a 170+ scorer? Admittedly, I'd retake a 171 or lower, but still I probably would only know that I scored below 175 and above 170, unless I was able to see my score.

natashka85
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby natashka85 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
natashka85 wrote:I am scoring above 170 ,so i need someone on the same level w me,i mean doing drilling during the week,and a timed test once a week for 7 sections to build endurance ,by sharing i mean discussing particulars from the material,thanks.


If you don't mind me asking, why did you cancel if you're a 170+ scorer? Admittedly, I'd retake a 171 or lower, but still I probably would only know that I scored below 175 and above 170, unless I was able to see my score.



well,if u know how to read u will notice that I mentioned in my post that i withdrew my test not that I cancelled it,don`t know didn`t wanna rush things ,somehow felt good taking that in June.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests