JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

User avatar
BlaqBella
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby BlaqBella » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:56 pm

TC has been giving problems. We have since changed location of where we shall review tonight. Please PM for link.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:58 pm

I thought PT39 wasn't being reviewed until this coming Thursday? Is there a schedule out there besides the one in the 2nd post?

Please PM me the location of wherever reviews will be happening.

EDIT: Got it -- thanks, Bella.

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mindarmed » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:10 pm

BlaqBella wrote:TC has been giving problems. We have since changed location of where we shall review tonight. Please PM for link.


pm

User avatar
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:11 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:I thought PT39 wasn't being reviewed until this coming Thursday? Is there a schedule out there besides the one in the 2nd post?

Please PM me the location of wherever reviews will be happening.

EDIT: Got it -- thanks, Bella.


Fixed schedule in 2P.

ETA: Are we moving the rest of the PTs sooner?

User avatar
hailcaesar34
Posts: 1667
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby hailcaesar34 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:32 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:
objection_your_honor wrote:I thought PT39 wasn't being reviewed until this coming Thursday? Is there a schedule out there besides the one in the 2nd post?

Please PM me the location of wherever reviews will be happening.

EDIT: Got it -- thanks, Bella.


Fixed schedule in 2P.

ETA: Are we moving the rest of the PTs sooner?

Let me know if we're bumping them all up/ someone pm me TC link at some point.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Did someone make a mixed-up schedule that we can use as the standard?

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:52 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:Did someone make a mixed-up schedule that we can use as the standard?


I'm going to put mine up tonight/tomorrow.

User avatar
BlaqBella
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby BlaqBella » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Great session tonight, guys. Thanks to all, especially DD, Armed and Griffin for your contributions.

Once we have a set time scheduled for review per week, I will ask MLSAT for approval of their space at that specified time. I think we should reserve space for 3 hours each.

Off to studying some more. I have been inspired by DD and Armed. :D

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mindarmed » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 pm

BlaqBella wrote:Great session tonight, guys. Thanks to all, especially DD, Armed and Griffin for your contributions.

Once we have a set time scheduled for review per week, I will ask MLSAT for approval of their space at that specified time. I think we should reserve space for 3 hours each.

Off to studying some more. I have been inspired by DD and Armed. :D


glad to help

shieldofachilles
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby shieldofachilles » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:26 pm

glad to hear everyone is doing so well and that the review session from what i can tell went well too. sucks i couldnt join in but like i said in an earlier post i dun think im ready for full timed pts yet. good news is shit is getting better. timed lg sections have gone from -8 to averaging -1/2..really happy about that. errors are almost always in one game whereas before they were all over the place. i think its better to go -0 on 3 games and -1/2 on 1 instead of -1/-1/-1/-1. timed rc is pretty much stuck at -4/5 but had an outlier that went -10...it was horrible but im guessing its bc took it upon waking up and didnt have my customary 3rd cup of coffee lol.

LR, following tutor's advice and worrying about accuracy before time. keeping track of how long it takes me to do a section while keeping up accuracy. went from anywhere between -6 to -9 per lr like a month ago and now -2/3. sort of went down in time too. monday took me 45 minutes to do a section and tonight took me 40...not too far to go. totally confident that by the end of the month ill be able to get a over 170 on a full pt. 4 months...cant wait to show the lsat who's boss. good luck everybody and hope to join you for the next review session.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:32 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
BlaqBella wrote:Great session tonight, guys. Thanks to all, especially DD, Armed and Griffin for your contributions.

Once we have a set time scheduled for review per week, I will ask MLSAT for approval of their space at that specified time. I think we should reserve space for 3 hours each.

Off to studying some more. I have been inspired by DD and Armed. :D


glad to help


Same. I'm useless Saturday mornings, free Saturday afternoons, Sunday afternoons, Monday mornings, Wednesday mornings, and all day Fridays. But if someone PMs me with a question I'll respond pretty quickly.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:47 am

Weeknights and weekends are ideal.
Last edited by objection_your_honor on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-av8er
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:28 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby G-av8er » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:22 am

Hey all,
First time poster here, checking in. June will be my first (and hopefully only) take... Just so happens the test date falls on my b-day, haha, lame...therefore I must CRUSH this test.
Anyone here in Central Coast, CA area?

User avatar
crazyrobin
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby crazyrobin » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:48 am

:evil: :evil:
I am pissed.

I did two RC in a roll, PT 10 RC and PT 11 RC 35 minutes each.
PT 10 -3 and PT 11 STUNNING -12!!!!
WTFWTFWTF

Any suggestions?

User avatar
TJFergu85
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:39 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby TJFergu85 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:51 am

I'm a little late to the party for PT39. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to put in the hours I was looking to in the last two weeks, so I have only been able to focus on Logic Games. But that work in LG has paid off in PT 39.
LG:-0 with 4 minutes to spare
LR1: -5 with 4 minutes to spare that I should have been skimming answers...
RC: -9 Ouch, I had a bit of distraction and couldn't focus but still, inexcusable.
LR2: -9 Full-blown broken focus and finished with 7 minutes left because I stopped caring

Raw: 78 Scaled: 164

Although its not atrocious considering I haven't even begun to go through LRB, still disappointing to see the two -9s. I will have to work on focusing through distractions. I am happy that my LG work has paid off though (previously -6 or -7). I am going to be doing timed sections of LG (1-38) a couple times a week over the next few weeks and focus mainly on LRB and LR drilling.
I should be good to go for TC for PT40 even though I'm living in Thailand and EST +12. Ready to get my head back in the game for LR and bust my ass for some progress.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 pm

crazyrobin wrote::evil: :evil:
I am pissed.

I did two RC in a roll, PT 10 RC and PT 11 RC 35 minutes each.
PT 10 -3 and PT 11 STUNNING -12!!!!
WTFWTFWTF

Any suggestions?


Patterns in wrong answers? Are they all, mostly, one question type? Same two passages, and did you make sure to support your chosen answer with lines from the passage?

griffin.811
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:30 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby griffin.811 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:51 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:
BlaqBella wrote:Great session tonight, guys. Thanks to all, especially DD, Armed and Griffin for your contributions.

Once we have a set time scheduled for review per week, I will ask MLSAT for approval of their space at that specified time. I think we should reserve space for 3 hours each.

Off to studying some more. I have been inspired by DD and Armed. :D


glad to help


Same. I'm useless Saturday mornings, free Saturday afternoons, Sunday afternoons, Monday mornings, Wednesday mornings, and all day Fridays. But if someone PMs me with a question I'll respond pretty quickly.


It was a great session, with some really bright people. Glad I was able to make it, and looking forward to the next.

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mindarmed » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:53 pm

DD when you're done making that revised schedule poast that shit ITT

User avatar
BlaqBella
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby BlaqBella » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Does Saturday at 8PM EST work for everyone? We need to start throwing out some days (two days of the week) and time before I place the request to MLSAT. Thanks!

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mindarmed » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:31 pm

BlaqBella wrote:Does Saturday at 8PM EST work for everyone? We need to start throwing out some days (two days of the week) and time before I place the request to MLSAT. Thanks!


i'm good to go for that (though not this weekend) because i'm going out with lady armed and her coworkers

eta; how are thursday nights for everyone

User avatar
BlaqBella
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby BlaqBella » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:34 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
BlaqBella wrote:Does Saturday at 8PM EST work for everyone? We need to start throwing out some days (two days of the week) and time before I place the request to MLSAT. Thanks!


i'm good to go for that (though not this weekend) because i'm going out with lady armed and her coworkers


No worries. If you can make it for most Saturdays at 8PM that's cool (besides, you're already destroying LSATs). :)

Any votes for Thursday or Friday at the same time? Majority of times the space is used for online tutoring early during the week so I figure we will have more available slots later in the week. I'll check with Manhattan.

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mindarmed » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:43 pm

i'm also chill with sunday nights, monday nights before 930

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:44 pm

Schedule is about to be posted, before I do, everybody calm down and know that just because a schedule is posted in an online anonymous chatroom doesn't necessarily mean that you have to follow it to receive your desired score.

User avatar
warandpeace
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby warandpeace » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Daily_Double wrote:Schedule is about to be posted, before I do, everybody calm down and know that just because a schedule is posted in an online anonymous chatroom doesn't necessarily mean that you have to follow it to receive your desired score.


hollah

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:51 pm

February: early 40s, early 50s, six total PTs, review drilling, break to go to mardi gras

(2/4).......... PT 40
(2/15).......... PT 41
(2/18).......... PT 50
(2/25).......... PT 51

March: the fun stuff, five sections using old RC sections every time, begins, 50s and 60s, ten total tests, I’m spending spring break, 3/24 - 3/30 in the library, so your schedule might be different,

(3/2).......... PT 67
(3/4).......... PT 66
(3/9).......... PT 52
(3/11).......... PT 53
(3/16).......... PT 65
(3/18).......... PT 64
(3/23).......... PT 54
(3/25).......... PT 55
(3/27).......... PT 56
(3/29).......... PT 63

April: this one separates the men from the boys, 50s, 60s, 40s, 13 total tests, can’t wait, RC sections as fifth,

(4/2).......... PT 57
(4/4).......... PT 58
(4/6).......... PT 62
(4/9).......... PT 61
(4/11).......... PT 59
(4/13).......... PT 60
(4/16).......... PT 42
(4/18).......... PT 43
(4/20).......... PT 44
(4/23).......... PT 45
(4/25).......... PT 46
(4/27).......... PT 47

May: the final stretch, 40s and test center review

(5/1).......... PT 48
(5/5).......... PT 49 and PT 50, back to back
(5/13).......... Preptest B and C, back to back
(5/13).......... review
(5/14).......... review
(5/15 - 5/22).......... graduation taking a break to celebrate
(5/23).......... review
(5/24).......... old PTs at the test center, (PT 68 somewhere in here)
(5/27).......... old PTs at the test center
(5/29).......... old PTs at the test center

June: shouldn’t be anything left to do except PT 69, so planning to spend the week before the LSAT exactly as I do the other weeks, but with more exercise, it’s just another PT, I’m not going to approach it any differently

(6/10).......... PT 69 at the test center




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: maddawg2020 and 6 guests