JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

sesame026

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby sesame026 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:05 am

checking in. I did the 2012 June Test but it was shit. hope the longer preparation would work out

sesame026

Postby sesame026 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:49 am

Can anyone help me out here? I am now in China and i can not open the blogpost about the six-month prep plan. Can anyone just post it here? A million thanks :)

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:12 am

sesame026 wrote:Can anyone help me out here? I am now in China and i can not open the blogpost about the six-month prep plan. Can anyone just post it here? A million thanks :)

PM me your email address, and I'll send you the free 6-month week-by-week plan. And get a VPN! :)

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:35 am

LSAT Blog wrote:
sesame026 wrote:Can anyone help me out here? I am now in China and i can not open the blogpost about the six-month prep plan. Can anyone just post it here? A million thanks :)

PM me your email address, and I'll send you the free 6-month week-by-week plan. And get a VPN! :)

Well, that was pretty convenient.

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:05 am

Hey I am in China too and I purchased Steve's 7 months premium plan.

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:09 am

LSAT Blog wrote:

Hey Steve, just out of curiosity, how did you know Blogspot is blocked in China? Lol I did have a VPN though.

(My bad, I didn't notice the 'can not open blogspot' part)

One more thing, checking in for the RC I did today, I did PT 2 with roughly 40 minutes, got seven wrong. Dah, I thought I did better than couple previous RC, 4 "Define a term" type questions wrong, 3 inference wrong.

Now I am ready to review.

Ace the LSAT!!!!

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:43 pm

So when were y'all going to start with practice tests?

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:45 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm saving the full-length practice tests until much later in my program (probably April or May). I'm on the six-month training plan, so I only just recently got started in earnest. For now, I'll be drilling problems by type and reading the Manhattan books.

I think I'm also going to sign up for the Velocity LSAT prep around February or so - I've been going through the free sample videos on their site, and I really like the instructor's methods and teaching style. Just a few simple tips have already helped me noticeably in logic games.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:06 pm

weathercoins wrote:So when were y'all going to start with practice tests?

Going to start with a "baseline" PT to see where I'm at after having a couple months off. I'm thinking sometime next week - before January for sure. As far as regularly scheduled PT's, I think early February would be a good target to begin.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Last edited by Daily_Double on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Definitely planning on taking less PTs this time around (and not starting until later). I'm going to truly perfect my approach to everything first.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Daily_Double wrote:Now that finals and my post-finals hangovers are coming to an end, I plan to review Powerscore and Manhattan books for a while, just a quick run through of the bibles again and Manhattan's books.

This is what I'm waiting on. I don't do very well if I get drunk while reading PowerScore. I'm trying to get good and blacked out a few more times before going all straight edge and aspie though. There are milky rings from white russians all over my desk. I have a crunchy page in my LGB from spilling half-and-half on it.

warandpeace

Postby warandpeace » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:21 pm

ugh is it going to be too late if i don't start until january 24th or so?

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:05 pm

So originally I had planned to take Feb, so did a few PT's, and have kept up doing like one a week. Like two years ago, when I was studying for my first take, I totally did these PT's, and the questions (or, like, the topics in RC) still seem vaguely familiar. I hope my scores are still accurate and my mind isn't subconsciously remembering the right answer.. lol

Squintz805

Postby Squintz805 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:13 am

Quick Question. I've gone through the LG Bible already, and am about half way through the LR Bible (~300 pages in). How does everyone take notes regarding the different type of Questions in the Logical Reasoning?

Do you guys skim through it and highlight? Do you write down the important info? - if so do you type it up on a computer or pencil it down.

How do you review the questions? - Make Flashcards? Buy the Powerscore Flashcards? Just Skim through it?

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:45 am

weathercoins wrote:So originally I had planned to take Feb, so did a few PT's, and have kept up doing like one a week. Like two years ago, when I was studying for my first take, I totally did these PT's, and the questions (or, like, the topics in RC) still seem vaguely familiar. I hope my scores are still accurate and my mind isn't subconsciously remembering the right answer.. lol

Two years and you can still somewhat remember the passage? Wow I tend to forgot the RC passage I did couple weeks ago, if not all. I can only recall what had been written but not the details.

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 am

Hey guys, for all of you who have completed PT 29, Game 2 the Two Mannequins game, why can't mannequins 1 and mannequins 2 have the same hat/skirt/jacket color?( eg, M1 has navy skirt, M2 has navy skirt. something like this) I have read the rules again and again, no idea where does this inference come from.
Last edited by crazyrobin on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:51 am

Last edited by Daily_Double on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 am

crazyrobin wrote:Hey guys, for all of you who have completed PT 29, Game 2 the Two Mannequins game, why can't mannequins 1 and mannequins 2 have the same hat/skirt/jacket color?( eg, M1 has navy skirt, M2 has navy skirt. something like this) I have read the rules again and again, no idea where does this inference come from.

There are only ten items of clothing available to split between the two mannequins - three hats, three jackets, three skirts and one tie.

You can't dress both mannequins in a navy skirt, simply because there's only one navy skirt in the game.

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:03 am

ScottRiqui wrote:There are only ten items of clothing available to split between the two mannequins - three hats, three jackets, three skirts and one tie.

You can't dress both mannequins in a navy skirt, simply because there's only one navy skirt in the game.

:lol:
Thanks a lot. I read the rules so many times, I forgot to check back on the prompt.

BTW, I think you mentioned you were on track with Steve's 6 months plan right? Have you started? Currently I am on Week 4, the Mannequins game is what I did on Monday. I decided to accelerate my process a little bit by cutting the day off on Steve's plan.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:00 am

Yep, I'm on Steve's six-month plan as well. Working back six months from the test date gave me a start date of December 24th. I started a little bit early, just because I'll be on vacation from 24-31 December. As such, I've only done the first few days of the program.

I'm using Steve's plan for scheduling purposes, but I'm changing up the study materials somewhat. Specifically, I'm going to order the Manhattan LSAT books this week, as well as the full Velocity LSAT prep course.

cynthiad

Postby cynthiad » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:41 pm

ScottRiqui wrote:
cynthiad wrote:
jrsbaseball5 wrote:For those of you using the Schwartz study guide does it seem helpful? I don't mind purchasing it if it is going to give me the guidance that I need but I don't want to waste money either.

Try out his free week-by-week study schedule. If you need more structure but you like the schedule, then buy the day-by-day one. I just used the free one and got by fine, IMHO it's better to have a more flexible schedule, because everyone's school/work/other stuff schedule is different.

Even the day-by-day one (the six-month version, at least) has a lot of flexibility built into it, because about half of the days are "off" days with no assignments. It's pretty easy to stay on schedule by doing assignments a day early or a day late if you need to work around other things in your life.

Probably true. But if you're switching uUp the days anyway, why not just use the week-by-week? That way you can pick your own off days and study days. Why pay for day-by-day when you're really going to be designing your own day-by-day, not using his? I mean, it could certainly be valuable for someone who wants more structure in their test prep and has the flexibility to schedule other stuff around LSAT prep.

But if the week-by-week tells you to do X,Y,and Z in Week 1, the day-by-day tells you to X on Monday, Y on Thursday and Z on Saturday, and you only have time to study on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday, then you're not getting any added value from the day-by-day.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:54 pm

cynthiad wrote:
ScottRiqui wrote:
cynthiad wrote:
jrsbaseball5 wrote:For those of you using the Schwartz study guide does it seem helpful? I don't mind purchasing it if it is going to give me the guidance that I need but I don't want to waste money either.

Try out his free week-by-week study schedule. If you need more structure but you like the schedule, then buy the day-by-day one. I just used the free one and got by fine, IMHO it's better to have a more flexible schedule, because everyone's school/work/other stuff schedule is different.

Even the day-by-day one (the six-month version, at least) has a lot of flexibility built into it, because about half of the days are "off" days with no assignments. It's pretty easy to stay on schedule by doing assignments a day early or a day late if you need to work around other things in your life.

Probably true. But if you're switching uUp the days anyway, why not just use the week-by-week? That way you can pick your own off days and study days. Why pay for day-by-day when you're really going to be designing your own day-by-day, not using his? I mean, it could certainly be valuable for someone who wants more structure in their test prep and has the flexibility to schedule other stuff around LSAT prep.

But if the week-by-week tells you to do X,Y,and Z in Week 1, the day-by-day tells you to X on Monday, Y on Thursday and Z on Saturday, and you only have time to study on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday, then you're not getting any added value from the day-by-day.

There's a lot more detail in the day-to-day calendar; it's not just the same verbiage as the week-by-week calendar split up into 168 different lines.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”