JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rebexness

Gold

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Post by rebexness » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:11 pm

A.Taarabt7 wrote:
I guess I would be too if I had a joke major where law was my only career option.
And you wonder why nobody likes you.

Gold

Post by 052220151 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:22 pm

A.Taarabt7 wrote:
deputydog wrote:
A.Taarabt7 wrote:
was an accounting major before with F100 experience. im not some typical liberal arts major that gets an easy major so they can ace their classes to qualify for law
I bet thats where most of these disgruntled students are. Some "football" major who aced their sociology courses and went to law school with dollar signs. Then ended up with a short term contract job.

I understand how competitive it is thats why I am aiming for the schools with the best reputation ( in the local area)
Dude, every time I check this thread you get more annoying. I'm just going to save you from posting in the future. Here are the basic "group think" talking points. Don't bother to ask a question if you see an applicable answer below:

*TTTs suck
*Regional schools are okay if you don't want to leave and get $$$
*Everyone is capable of getting 170+
*Self-study is the best and most cost effective way to study for the LSAT
*Powerscore and Manhattan bibles are credited
*Cambridge bundles are credited
*Kaplan and Princeton are TTT
*After you have the basics down, do a ton of PTs (25+) and review them thoroughly
*If you have a specific question about a specific PT question ask it here
intredasting

Cost isn't an issue for me. I have said this numerous times now. Its my last chance at this test. I already took an additional year off, and I DO NOT PLAN TO TAKE ANYMORE

im willing to spend as much $ as possible to learn from the best . Whether it be blueprint tutors or independent tutors. It does not matter. I need to maximize my score . I only post in here because this thread is active, the rest are not.

im starting to get disappointed at this whole website
everyone rags on Tier 3's like they are all bad which isn't necessarily true.
Most of the people here get really annoying and are just plain NAIVE.

I guess I would be too if I had a joke major where law was my only career option.

Alright, bro, I get it.

175 trolling. Nicely played.

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:22 pm

rhymes likes me

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Feeling pretty damn good after three sections of PT54. Although the questions are recycled so if I killed it it still won't be accurate. And I may be completely wrong about how I'm feeling about it. We'll see though.

mindarmed

Silver

Post by mindarmed » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Whose lounge alt are you A.Taarabt?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 052220151 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:20 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:Feeling pretty damn good after three sections of PT54. Although the questions are recycled so if I killed it it still won't be accurate. And I may be completely wrong about how I'm feeling about it. We'll see though.
Keep tha faith brah

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm

I really hate LR... I think im getting them all right, but when i check the 3' and 4's im like -4/10. How bad is that score really? I want to get -0/10, but that seems a bit unrealistic. How many 3/s and 4's are on each test?

Thanks.. Also, I have only read the beginning of the MLSAT LR book, should I dig into that before i continue studying my LR by drill packet?

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:56 pm

deputydog wrote:
A.Taarabt7 wrote:
was an accounting major before with F100 experience. im not some typical liberal arts major that gets an easy major so they can ace their classes to qualify for law
I bet thats where most of these disgruntled students are. Some "football" major who aced their sociology courses and went to law school with dollar signs. Then ended up with a short term contract job.

I understand how competitive it is thats why I am aiming for the schools with the best reputation ( in the local area)
Dude, every time I check this thread you get more annoying. I'm just going to save you from posting in the future. Here are the basic "group think" talking points. Don't bother to ask a question if you see an applicable answer below:

*TTTs suck
*Regional schools are okay if you don't want to leave and get $$$
*Everyone is capable of getting 170+
*Self-study is the best and most cost effective way to study for the LSAT
*Powerscore and Manhattan bibles are credited
*Cambridge bundles are credited
*Kaplan and Princeton are TTT
*After you have the basics down, do a ton of PTs (25+) and review them thoroughly
*If you have a specific question about a specific PT question ask it here

I really have no idea why you struggle so hard, hopefully this helps.

thank you, finally someone is stepping up and calling him a whiney little know it all bitch... We get you have money and money is no object and that you did a REAL MAJOR, but we don't care when you ask us about getting a tutor and we say dont cause its a waste of money, Just take that advice with a grain of salt. But dont come back and justify your decisions. ITs not necessary.

SwindlersList

New

Post by SwindlersList » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:44 pm

A.Taarabt7 wrote: intredasting

Cost isn't an issue for me. I have said this numerous times now. Its my last chance at this test. I already took an additional year off, and I DO NOT PLAN TO TAKE ANYMORE

im willing to spend as much $ as possible to learn from the best . Whether it be blueprint tutors or independent tutors. It does not matter. I need to maximize my score . I only post in here because this thread is active, the rest are not.

im starting to get disappointed at this whole website
everyone rags on Tier 3's like they are all bad which isn't necessarily true.
Most of the people here get really annoying and are just plain NAIVE.

You gonna be alright over there?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lsatkid007

Bronze

Post by lsatkid007 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:22 pm

does anyone have days when nothing is clicking? i mean from rc to lg nothing was clicking today.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:50 pm

lsatkid007 wrote:does anyone have days when nothing is clicking? i mean from rc to lg nothing was clicking today.
Totally. Don't let it get to you. When I experience that- and really feel off my game- I walk around, think if I did something different this time than usual- and eat something. Usually works.

It won't happen on test day. The adrenaline combined with being in a test center combined with eating right will take care of that possibility.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:53 pm

I drilled the "cannot be trues" tonight. I got one wrong that I was so confused about- number 12 (difficulty 3, or PT 6/S3/Q19). I was sure the answer was C because I misread a small portion at the beginning of the stimulus ("IF he does not have a large..."). I honestly thought there was a mistake and the answer was D until I really read the thing 5 times. Gotta work on making sure those (pretty careless) errors don't happen anymore.

ZGr88n

Bronze

Post by ZGr88n » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Alright fellas, I just finished PT 22.

Sec 1 RC: -5
Sec 2 LR: -5
Sec 3 LG: -2
Sec 4 LR: -5
Total Correct: 84= 166

This is the first PT that I've actually finished all the sections, I had about a minute left over on each except the LG (timer went off as I was bubbling in the last response). Which is probably due to the fact that I'm only 150 (or so) pages into Manhattans LG book, so my LG knowledge is still pretty limited. However, it is improving, but I must say I feel like now that I'm focusing on LG my LR is starting to slip a little bit, as I was previously only getting -0-3 on that section. Is this a common occurrence, or should I be worried? How do you guys suggest I approach the Manhattan books, the only one I've used thus far is LG, which I planned on finishing before moving onto the others. I personally can't wait to crack open the RC book because as of right now my RC score is coming from just what I knew coming into my prep, as I haven't done anything to try to improve it (aside from PTs).

Thanks for any advice, and keep up the hard work guys!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

homie1515

Bronze

Post by homie1515 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:03 am

weathercoins wrote:I drilled the "cannot be trues" tonight. I got one wrong that I was so confused about- number 12 (difficulty 3, or PT 6/S3/Q19). I was sure the answer was C because I misread a small portion at the beginning of the stimulus ("IF he does not have a large..."). I honestly thought there was a mistake and the answer was D until I really read the thing 5 times. Gotta work on making sure those (pretty careless) errors don't happen anymore.

how many did you drill?

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:10 am

homie1515 wrote:
weathercoins wrote:I drilled the "cannot be trues" tonight. I got one wrong that I was so confused about- number 12 (difficulty 3, or PT 6/S3/Q19). I was sure the answer was C because I misread a small portion at the beginning of the stimulus ("IF he does not have a large..."). I honestly thought there was a mistake and the answer was D until I really read the thing 5 times. Gotta work on making sure those (pretty careless) errors don't happen anymore.

how many did you drill?
All of them- it's only 27 in my Cambridge Packet.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:12 am

Just did PT 41 and i swear the 2nd LR was nothing but EXCEPT passages, which are (were?) my kryptonite. I hate them. Hate them.

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:28 am

SwindlersList wrote:
A.Taarabt7 wrote: .
You gonna be alright over there?

yeah Im okay. Just hit the gym repped 225 6 times on Bench Press , did skullcrushers with the 90lb barbell and incline DB bench press the 70s

feeling better than before

anyways Im taking a break from this website. Its negative. I need to surround myself with positivity. Bickering and arguing with random, anonymous people on the internet won't do any good for me. I only have one last shot at this test and I don't need people belittling me , calling me an idiot, saying Im going to do bad or im studying for my last attempt incorrectly. I had to take an additional year off and set back all my plans due to people on this website giving me "advice."

I will not let me or my family down this last time around. I will succeed. I will achieve my target score. I will make this gamble pay off.

Will still be reading/analyzing the archives though as there are some quality gems of info in there.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Fianna13

Bronze

Post by Fianna13 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:26 am

^ What a tool. Can't wait to see what kind of stuff he'll post on October thread when the time comes. I'll probably check it just for giggles. Shout out to Rhymes for the quality PM.

Gold

Post by 052220151 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:38 am

Fianna13 wrote:^ What a tool. Can't wait to see what kind of stuff he'll post on October thread when the time comes. I'll probably check it just for giggles. Shout out to Rhymes for the quality PM.
You seem like a quality poster. I look forward to your posts in the waiting thread. Get a tar! So that I can remember you!

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:07 am

Fianna13 wrote:^ What a tool. Can't wait to see what kind of stuff he'll post on October thread when the time comes. I'll probably check it just for giggles. \.
do you even lift? probably not

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:17 am

I can never resist the urge to check out the post of the people i have foe'd.
Poor self control.

Anyway- kind of thinking i am cutting down on PTing for the next few weeks. My LR scores aren't improving and my RC is looking abysmal. LG is mostly fine, just gonna keep doing daily drilling.

Back to my Manhattan books and Cambridge packets, for now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crazyrobin

Bronze

Post by crazyrobin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:48 am

:cry: :cry:
Haven't been posting for a while.
My RC is all over the place, from PT 9 to PT 15, -3, -4, -8,-9,-4,-8 and stunning -12.

RC can go and fuck itself. Ah..........

homie1515

Bronze

Post by homie1515 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:28 am

mvonh001 wrote:I really hate LR... I think im getting them all right, but when i check the 3' and 4's im like -4/10. How bad is that score really? I want to get -0/10, but that seems a bit unrealistic. How many 3/s and 4's are on each test?

Thanks.. Also, I have only read the beginning of the MLSAT LR book, should I dig into that before i continue studying my LR by drill packet?

I would THINK 10 1's, 7 2's, 5 3's, and 3 4's (maybe depending on the amount of questions obviously) Can anyone back up or shit on my assumption??

And as far as LR goes, I would think that anything in the -2 or -3/10 would be acceptable because then it really just is a crap shoot and hoping that you get good questions on the real exam. Also keep drilling if you havent finished the LR book, but finish it before you go to Timed PT's... AMIRITE??

MKX

Bronze

Post by MKX » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks for the replies before guys, great thread with a lot of useful information and motivation. I've been going hard at learning all the RC methods and started doing practice passages. From the first one I did about 2 weeks to now..what an improvement. From getting 2-3 questions right to getting 6-7 out of the 8 right. Although I do time myself on them and average about 15-20 seconds over what they recommend.

Also sort of a noob question. For law schools I am seeing the "living" expenses (if you are living on campus I am guessing). Do you have to pay the regardless if you live on campus or not. I'm getting mixed answers through a google search which I'm not sure how that happens. Wouldn't make sense to me if I had to pay to live there if I'm not going to live on campus.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:09 pm

Nah bro, they are just estimates put out by the law schools. It depends on how they are worded, but they often base what kind of F.A eligibility you have off of these numbers.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”