JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:04 pm

warandpeace wrote:am i terribly behind if i've just started drilling? and if i'm getting -1 on every linear set, which should be the easiest, right?
I'm behind too, but I'm aiming to be caught up with the PT schedule ITT by late Feb. I'm going back to the sets that I don't get -0 on after I do another game to forget the answers. I usually find an inference I overlooked, and one game that I thought was really hard had been set up backwards and was actually easy the second time.

warandpeace

Bronze

Post by warandpeace » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 pm

thanks everyone!

about to go to the library to do some drilling, how does everyone keep track via their analog? i'm using my dad's vintage seiko so it's kind of a normal watch without freaking numbers on it. is this just one of those things i'm going to have to get used to? lol

EDIT: guess the only thing i can do is reset the hand to 12 each game
Last edited by warandpeace on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RhymesLikeDimes

Bronze

Post by RhymesLikeDimes » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Still have 130+ days to prepare. Don't be at all discouraged right now, unless you're scoring in the 120s and barely have a grasp on the English language...

warandpeace

Bronze

Post by warandpeace » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:38 pm

RhymesLikeDimes wrote:Still have 130+ days to prepare. Don't be at all discouraged right now, unless you're scoring in the 120s and barely have a grasp on the English language...
+1

Chambo

Bronze

Post by Chambo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:42 pm

warandpeace wrote:thanks everyone!

about to go to the library to do some drilling, how does everyone keep track via their analog? i'm using my dad's vintage seiko so it's kind of a normal watch without freaking numbers on it. is this just one of those things i'm going to have to get used to? lol

I find it helpful to reset my minute hand to 12 o'clock position before every section. That way I know how much time I have left by looking at the hands and not having to do any math. It doesn't really matter what the actual time is.

EDIT: You can also use your phone or computer if you want really exact timing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mindarmed

Silver

Post by mindarmed » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:02 pm

in TC right now if anyone wants someone else to think through problems with. i'm bored and procrastinating doing this group project because other two kids are total fuckheads

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chambo

Bronze

Post by Chambo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:08 pm

rebexness wrote:
Chambo wrote:
warandpeace wrote:thanks everyone!

I find it helpful to reset my minute hand to 12 o'clock position before every section. That way I know how much time I have left by looking at the hands and not having to do any math. It doesn't really matter what the actual time is.

EDIT: You can also use your phone or computer if you want really exact timing.

I drill with my phone clock (using the stopwatch) but I wouldn't use the phone for PTing.
There's audio files of "proctors" online that you can use. Adds in distractions and stuff. I kinda like it.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Amongst other drilling today, numbers will come later, I'm doing in and out games from Cambridge, five games so far, all level twos, all under eight, -1 so far because I misread a must be false. So it's not that I'm having trouble with them, although I'd rather do any other game and I still need to work hard on in and outs, but I wanted to ask has anyone else failed to use Manhattan's logic tree diagram? I liked using it a lot in the book, but it's not applicable for these problems, at least I thought so, so I can't tell if maybe I should just be flexible or if the whole approach is unnecessary.

Thoughts?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mindarmed

Silver

Post by mindarmed » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Daily_Double wrote:Amongst other drilling today, numbers will come later, I'm doing in and out games from Cambridge, five games so far, all level twos, all under eight, -1 so far because I misread a must be false. So it's not that I'm having trouble with them, although I'd rather do any other game and I still need to work hard on in and outs, but I wanted to ask has anyone else failed to use Manhattan's logic tree diagram? I liked using it a lot in the book, but it's not applicable for these problems, at least I thought so, so I can't tell if maybe I should just be flexible or if the whole approach is unnecessary.

Thoughts?
that logic tree thing is so unnecessary to solve in and out problems. it's very confusing to look at with all of the arrows and shit

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:02 pm

I prefer it over just writing out each conditional, but many times there really isn't an option. I have trouble with that game type, especially overloaded with a grouping: splitting element.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks, I agree, partly because I'm good at conditionals, I'm going to drop Manhattan's log chain, unless the situation obviously warrants it, and I'll let you guys know when I find that game. On an unrelated note, check out PT23, S1, G2 for a good example, tricky game, not too bad, not too easy. I finished -1, #11, (6:28).

mindarmed

Silver

Post by mindarmed » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Will be drilling PT 39 tomorrow because I'm bored, want to get a nice grip on it for when we begin reviewing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:56 pm

armedwithamind wrote:Will be drilling PT 39 tomorrow because I'm bored, want to get a nice grip on it for when we begin reviewing.
I'm doing the same, but tomorrow morning, let me know if you want to go over it.

okaygo

Silver

Post by okaygo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Anyone else balancing LSAT studying with a full class schedule, part time work (10 hr/week), and on campus student involvement?! I feel like I'm the only person who can't devote 24/7 to my studies for this specific exam.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:22 pm

okaygo wrote:Anyone else balancing LSAT studying with a full class schedule, part time work (10 hr/week), and on campus student involvement?! I feel like I'm the only person who can't devote 24/7 to my studies for this specific exam.
I am, but I have a light class load. And I started early. And you don't need 24/7, if anything you need to not need 24/7. There's still a bunch of time, relax.

mindarmed

Silver

Post by mindarmed » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:48 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:Will be drilling PT 39 tomorrow because I'm bored, want to get a nice grip on it for when we begin reviewing.
I'm doing the same, but tomorrow morning, let me know if you want to go over it.
ill gchat you bro.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mindarmed

Silver

Post by mindarmed » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:50 pm

okaygo wrote:Anyone else balancing LSAT studying with a full class schedule, part time work (10 hr/week), and on campus student involvement?! I feel like I'm the only person who can't devote 24/7 to my studies for this specific exam.
last year i took 18 credits, had a fraternity eboard position, worked 20 hours/wk and pulled a 17x score on the lsat. it's certainly doable you just need to have some time management skills

BlaqBella

Silver

Post by BlaqBella » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:07 pm

I'm scheduled to sit PT39 this Saturday AM. Looking forward to the review!

mindarmed

Silver

Post by mindarmed » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:11 pm

BlaqBella wrote:I'm scheduled to sit PT39 this Saturday AM. Looking forward to the review!
do we want to review pt39 on saturday at sometime? i'd suggest to review on Sunday but because it's the super bowl i wont ever know my name

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:12 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
BlaqBella wrote:I'm scheduled to sit PT39 this Saturday AM. Looking forward to the review!
do we want to review pt39 on saturday at sometime? i'd suggest to review on Sunday but because it's the super bowl i wont ever know my name
Baltimore guy here.... so yeah, Saturday works better for me too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BlaqBella

Silver

Post by BlaqBella » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:14 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
Sure. Is anyone else scheduled to also take by this weekend? I can do Saturday PM (don't worry, I won't interrupt any plans you have scheduled for the night, lol). I should be ready for review around 6PM/7PM that evening. I only have headphones with a mic. No cam. Would that do?

BlaqBella

Silver

Post by BlaqBella » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:14 pm

weathercoins wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:
Baltimore guy here.... so yeah, Saturday works better for me too.
Spoke to soon! :mrgreen:

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:18 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
My name will be forgotten as well. I think it, regular binge drinking, or however you have fun, is the only missing link in noodleyone's study plan.

mindarmed

Silver

Post by mindarmed » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:38 pm

BlaqBella wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:
Sure. Is anyone else scheduled to also take by this weekend? I can do Saturday PM (don't worry, I won't interrupt any plans you have scheduled for the night, lol). I should be ready for review around 6PM/7PM that evening. I only have headphones with a mic. No cam. Would that do?
yea thats chill no worries. and its cool bella, i dont anticipate any saturday plans

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”