JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Daily_Double

Silver

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Post by Daily_Double » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:26 pm

I'm out guys, setting up the website blocker program again to take a break from TLS until after Monday. Good luck everyone, and see you in the Waiters' Thread.

MKX

Bronze

Post by MKX » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Daily_Double wrote:I'm out guys, setting up the website blocker program again to take a break from TLS until after Monday. Good luck everyone, and see you in the Waiters' Thread.
Good luck.

Adam Banks

Bronze

Post by Adam Banks » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:43 pm

67 always gets the best of me. Even though I did way better than my sitting for the test, it still frustrates me

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:46 pm

okaygo wrote:I really wish I was as good at LG as everyone else on these forums.
If it makes you feel any better, I've been studying for 8 months and I still don't consider LG free points. I'm PTing in the mid 170s right now, but I'm susceptible to getting caught by some games. When it happens though, I almost always end up killing RC though, which keeps my scores fairly consistent.

okaygo

Silver

Post by okaygo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:47 pm

So tomorrow LG for me and then Sunday drilling LR and then we shall have PT 69.
I just made up a method for myself for LG and basically I'm going to watch 7 sage and then do the problems he just explained until I get it and then move on to the next game.

And then Sunday, like I said, just do light and comfortable LR drilling.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

okaygo

Silver

Post by okaygo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:51 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
okaygo wrote:I really wish I was as good at LG as everyone else on these forums.
If it makes you feel any better, I've been studying for 8 months and I still don't consider LG free points. I'm PTing in the mid 170s right now, but I'm susceptible to getting caught by some games. When it happens though, I almost always end up killing RC though, which keeps my scores fairly consistent.
It does. I honestly feel like an idiot sometimes because everyone is always screaming about how learnable LG is, but I honestly feel that LR is WAY more learnable for my brain. My diagnostic was trash (133) and its simply because I can't do LG. I have made improvements but I think I've hit my wall.

If I don't get the score I want on Monday, at least I know where I can improve for October.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Here's a friendly suggestion for those that haven't really thought about it:

I highly recommend trying one or two sets of recent LGs that have two pages to them. It took me a game or two to get used to the adjustment, and I hadn't looked at one of those in the past few days. It would suck to have something like that distract you on test day.

For those of you that are like me and write fairly small, I found it helpful to intentionally draw my initial rules and diagram in larger writing to the center/ center-right side of the first page of questions. This made following my diagram on later questions much easier.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:56 pm

okaygo wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:
It does. I honestly feel like an idiot sometimes because everyone is always screaming about how learnable LG is, but I honestly feel that LR is WAY more learnable for my brain. My diagnostic was trash (133) and its simply because I can't do LG. I have made improvements but I think I've hit my wall.

If I don't get the score I want on Monday, at least I know where I can improve for October.
I think TLS has the right mindset, but sometimes it's taken a little too far (consistent -0 or don't take). When I started, I got around 6-7 questions right on my LG diagnostic. It is definitely a learnable section, but sometimes my mind just doesn't make a crucial inference or I make a mental mistake that really hurts me.

The-Specs

Silver

Post by The-Specs » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:00 pm

I just finished my last full PT before Monday:
PT 67

RC: -2
LR: -0
LG: -1

Raw: 97
Scaled: 178

The miss on games was a mistake. It was a cannot be true question and when I got it down to two choices and did a hypo I crossed off the one that couldn't be true. A bummer but correctable. I took this last October and at the time I got a 162. Zones scared me to death but today I got through it in 9 min, -0. I am excited for Monday. I hope showing is truly indicative of my overall abilities.

ETA: !Kung worked me over the first time too but I was able to go -0 on that passage today.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jas1503

Bronze

Post by jas1503 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:26 pm

PT #62...That entire logic games section:'Kratos' brutal

MKX

Bronze

Post by MKX » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:30 pm

jas1503 wrote:PT #62...That entire logic games section:'Kratos' brutal
What gave you problems? I just did this 2 hours ago. Pm if you want help or anything I'm bored at work.

jas1503

Bronze

Post by jas1503 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:39 pm

MKX wrote:
jas1503 wrote:PT #62...That entire logic games section:'Kratos' brutal
What gave you problems? I just did this 2 hours ago. Pm if you want help or anything I'm bored at work.
Thanks!

I watched the video that 7sage did on it afterwards, so I now understand how the second game should have been diagrammed. But that second game was a nightmare-especially after the 1st game took me so long.

Fingers crossed for a reasonable LG section on Monday.

the_pakalypse

Bronze

Post by the_pakalypse » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:50 pm

I did 64 today and in the LG I misread Kayne as Kanye :lol:

Anyways I realized I suck at making hypotheticals. I ended up finishing the section (except 1 question) with ~5 minutes to spare -- but I barely finished that last bike must be false question in the remaining 5 minutes.

I get tripped up with hypos because I realize there are so, so many ways this question can proceed. For that last question, for example, there were multiple times where you had to make these mini-decisions on how to proceed with the hypotheticals.. so if you put variable 1 in slot 2, this game wouldn't work -- however, you don't HAVE to put variable 1 in slot 2, now if you put it slot 3 it does end up working... making multiple hypotheticals for each answer choice is brutal. How can I speed up this process? I'm thinking I should focus more explicitly on the rules and their consequences, but still.. when you're doing a game it just seems like there's so many directions.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:00 pm

the_pakalypse wrote:I did 64 today and in the LG I misread Kayne as Kanye :lol:
lol happens every time. I just pretended it was Kanye regardless

okaygo

Silver

Post by okaygo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:01 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
I did that too. :lol:

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Took the December 2010 test today!

Section 1 RC: -4
Experimental LG: -3
Section 3 LR: -0 :shock:
Section 4 LG: -2
Section 5 LR: -5 :roll:

Raw Score: 91/102, LSAT Score: 173!

New high score!!! Man I'm just on cloud nine right now. If I got a 173 on the real thing, I could go to Chicago or Columbia or something... that'd be whack. I'm going to relax and watch a movie tonight to celebrate, I'm glad that I'm staying above 170 as we move closer to the test.

the_pakalypse

Bronze

Post by the_pakalypse » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:10 pm

okaygo wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:
I did that too. :lol:

I then proceeded to remember his line from from Diamonds: "It's Kanye, but some of my plaques, they still say Kayne"

:lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RhymesLikeDimes

Bronze

Post by RhymesLikeDimes » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:16 pm

PT 66:

RC: -2
LR: -1
LG -0
LR: -2

Raw: 95 --> Scaled: 176

Some silly mistakes on LR, but I still feel pretty good going into Monday. PT 67 is the only one I have left, so I guess I'll take it on tomorrow.

mehiguess

Bronze

Post by mehiguess » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:32 pm

You all posting awesome PTs and that's great and all but can you let me know if you're taking timed tests? 5 sections?

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:33 pm

mehiguess wrote:You all posting awesome PTs and that's great and all but can you let me know if you're taking timed tests? 5 sections?
Indeed I am. All of mine were timed and 5 section that I've taken so far. 4 were proctored.

LDVM4334

New

Post by LDVM4334 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Did 64 yesterday, gave myself 24 hours no LSAT and just graded it

-10, 173

LR1:-2, both correctly identified in blind review.
LG: -6!!!!!!!! 3rd game threw me for a loop, missed 4 there. Somehow missed 20 and 21 on the next game too, which was easy/easy-ish.
LR2:-2, didn't answer #18 because it was really long and I wanted to re-check other answers instead. Found the other wrong one on blind review (#16).
RC: -0, which I think is the first -0 RC for me. I've mostly been -2 to -4/5.

LR2 definitely seemed harder than LR1.

RC had to have been a bit easier than usual, because I finished with about 3-4 minutes left and went back and changed my answer on #18.

I don't know if the 3rd game was terribly hard, I'm gonna go back and re-do it. I just couldn't figure out a good format for it and panicked a bit. Though I didn't end up rushed for time, skipped ahead once I got stuck and then went back and still had a few mins to work on it, just couldn't get it.

I'm re-taking a 169 so I'd take 173 on test day, but if I went -6 on LG and got a 173 I'd certainly re-take again on October.

Games have been fucking killing me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Adam Banks

Bronze

Post by Adam Banks » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:37 pm

TLS is an ego blow I score in the mid to high 60's, and many people probably envy that. The. I come on here and people are dropping high 70's fml

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Abisping wrote:TLS is an ego blow I score in the mid to high 60's, and many people probably envy that. The. I come on here and people are dropping high 70's fml
This. I'm starting to think I hang out with idiots. Everyone I know that is going to law school is impressed that I got a 162 and got into Notre Dame. It's like, "WOW. A T-25!"

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:42 pm

After reviewing quite thoroughly, all of the tests from 60-68, I can conclude that tests 67 and 68 are silly and written with sadistic intent. 67 used the strategy where they give you braindead easy LR questions just so they can justify pwning us with a hard game and a ridiculous RC section. As for test 68, it was tame in RC and LG, but followed this strategy for LR: The usual breakdown of question difficulty on LR is 10 "easy", 10 medium, and 5-6 hard, scattered randomly, but in succession usually. PT 68 instead decided to give us 15 easy questions and 10-11 hard ones. I don't appreciate that lol, primarily because I see the medium questions as easy anyway.

I'm preparing for the worst, but I hope June is nothing like these two tests.

MKX

Bronze

Post by MKX » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:43 pm

I noticed today that testing with my timer covered helped me alot. I actually didn't feel rushed at all. Never ran out of time. I wasn't distracted by checking the time and making sure my pace was good. Not sure what this means for Monday. Feel like I should still bring a watch but I have a feeling ill constantly keep checking.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”