JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
warandpeace

Bronze

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Post by warandpeace » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:17 am

wishing everyone good luck on their prep tomorrow! stay positive, everyone!

FrankOcean

New

Post by FrankOcean » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:47 am

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:
FrankOcean wrote:Does anyone think they might be totally burnt out come June after studying like this? Personally I'm sort of just leisurely studying right now, planning to buckle down hard come Feb 10th so I have a solid 4 months.

Also, what are some suggestions for formal logic books?
http://www.amazon.com/Logic-A-Very-Shor ... 192893203/

This one is really cheap and doesn't bullshit around.
Thanks! Just ordered it. Love amazon prime so much.

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:48 am

warandpeace wrote:I don't know when you're reviewing your answers, but just in the posts above ^ I was referred to 7sage videos. They're really helping me go through each step by step, problem by problem. Obviously you can skip ahead to what you're struggling with. Worried that I'm going to be in your situation, though
Sweet, I'll give 7sage a go then.

Everyone gets to this point eventually, regardless of when or what section, that's just how it is. Just keep working at it the right way, find your groove and you'll be fine I'm sure - or so I keep telling myself.

I wouldn't be getting so bent out of shape if I wasn't such a damn gunner.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:49 am

FrankOcean wrote:
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:
FrankOcean wrote:Does anyone think they might be totally burnt out come June after studying like this? Personally I'm sort of just leisurely studying right now, planning to buckle down hard come Feb 10th so I have a solid 4 months.

Also, what are some suggestions for formal logic books?
http://www.amazon.com/Logic-A-Very-Shor ... 192893203/

This one is really cheap and doesn't bullshit around.
Thanks! Just ordered it. Love amazon prime so much.
Prime changed my life.

ETA: Here are some cheat sheets that I use for inferences.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Just sat down to take PT 39... Unfortunately, I don't own PT 39, 40, 41, or 42. So there's that. Looks like I'll be joining everyone else for review in mid-February. I'm thinking about taking PTs from 1-38 leading up to mid-February, I'm going to drill today and probably take PT 36 on Saturday morning since there's no point in me reviewing a PT that I have never seen before.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BlaqBella

Silver

Post by BlaqBella » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Guys and gals, should I purchase the bundles from Cambridge or the volume sets?

crazyrobin

Bronze

Post by crazyrobin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Daily_Double wrote:since there's no point in me reviewing a PT that I have never seen before.
Bro are you trolling me?
:lol:

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Factored this in, I'm taking small breaks, at least one day off during the week, during the week, and a couple big, week off, planned breaks. I'm actually spending much more time per week drilling than I plan to spend doing PTs, there's just so many, so I think time management will be easier once I finish drilling. I'm really just balancing studying with all the shit I normally do, plus I started running everyday to help curb any remaining stress.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:26 pm

crazyrobin wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:since there's no point in me reviewing a PT that I have never seen before.
Bro are you trolling me?
:lol:
No. I wish I knew what you were referring to, but I don't exactly.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crazyrobin

Bronze

Post by crazyrobin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:33 pm

DD, I thought it was worded in a funny way, well, probably just me.... But I loled hard... Lol

crazyrobin

Bronze

Post by crazyrobin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:33 pm

BlaqBella wrote:Guys and gals, should I purchase the bundles from Cambridge or the volume sets?
That really depends on how well you tackle each section. For me Cambridge LG isn't that helpful. Probably because I did well on game. So basically drill LG by type just reinforces my strategy for LG. But I find LR to be extremely helpful, because I am not good at LR.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:39 pm

BlaqBella wrote:Guys and gals, should I purchase the bundles from Cambridge or the volume sets?
I vote yes. Especially for LR, they help you pick up the patterns within the question types, plus you don't have to flip back and forth, also I like seeing things like a level 3 sufficient assumption was number 1, etc.

shieldofachilles

Bronze

Post by shieldofachilles » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:43 pm

crazyrobin wrote:
id say if you are just get 1-20...for me i found the packs to be good for getting comfortable with the questions types but after that just do sections. I have no idea how they figure out what questions are harder than others, but ive said this before, knowingly walking into a problem thats deemed as "hard" is going to affect how you analyze that problem. After you get used to the different types you have to get used to constantly switching from type to type instead of say having a great way to go through 50 necessary assumption questions..you need to have a great way of going through 1 necessary assumption and then 1 flaw, 1 support, 1 principle. Plus how does timing work out in the bundles? Doing 25 difficulty 1/2 questions in 35 minutes is different than say doing 6 diff 1 6/2 6/3 6/4 in 35 minutes. From my experience so far the lsat is a lot about being able to deal with different shit being thrown at you at different times. cambridge doesnt prepare you for that, sections do. Id say its great for getting familiar, but after that id stick to sections. Goes completely against TLS wisdom, but this is just my own take so take it with a grain of salt.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BlaqBella

Silver

Post by BlaqBella » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks to all. LG is my strongest section and LR and RC my weakest so I'll get the bundles for the latter two and play it by ear for LG. Thanks again.

Shield, I totally agree with your point but as someone still trying to identify pattern types for LR and RC I assume the bundles will prove more beneficial at the moment before I tackle full timed sections. I plan to intertwine both bundle practice (1-38) and practice tests (39-68) for the remaining 4-5 months.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:06 pm

crazyrobin wrote:DD, I thought it was worded in a funny way, well, probably just me.... But I loled hard... Lol
Don't worry about it. On another note, I'm negating the shit out of necessary assumption questions, just went 25/25 on levels 3 and 4, untimed. Just decided, I'm going to take PT 36 this afternoon, if anyone else decides to join, I'll be in TC to review after nine tonight. I know it's not on the schedule, which I don't want to begin deviating from, so I'd rather review tonight or Friday afternoon than take up the time everyone is using it for on Saturday to review PT 39.

crazyrobin

Bronze

Post by crazyrobin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
crazyrobin wrote:
Don't worry about it. On another note, I'm negating the shit out of necessary assumption questions, just went 25/25 on levels 3 and 4, untimed. Just decided, I'm going to take PT 36 this afternoon, if anyone else decides to join, I'll be in TC to review after nine tonight.
Good job!!!
I am on necessary and sufficient questions too. Some necessary assumption questions give me a hard time. I may pm you for advices

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:13 pm

crazyrobin wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:
crazyrobin wrote:
Don't worry about it. On another note, I'm negating the shit out of necessary assumption questions, just went 25/25 on levels 3 and 4, untimed. Just decided, I'm going to take PT 36 this afternoon, if anyone else decides to join, I'll be in TC to review after nine tonight.
Good job!!!
I am on necessary and sufficient questions too. Some necessary assumption questions give me a hard time. I may pm you for advices
Sounds good.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:00 pm

After work is a basic linear/balanced drilling kind of day. Anybody have suggestions for what time I should be aiming for in general for these games? I know it's on the easy end, so maybe 6 minutes a game (obviously +/- 30-60 seconds depending on the difficulty).

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Prepping for the October test, I was studying 20-30hrs/week while working 40-50hrs/week and thinking "law school can't be any worse than this."

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Doing some basic linear/balanced drilling and starting with early PT's (1 and 3)--- man, these feel so different than recent ones- didn't realize how much things have changed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:57 pm

weathercoins wrote:Doing some basic linear/balanced drilling and starting with early PT's (1 and 3)--- man, these feel so different than recent ones- didn't realize how much things have changed.
Wait until you see the curves on the early ones. If I remember correctly at least one was -15.

warandpeace

Bronze

Post by warandpeace » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Sup guys, I just spent an exorbitant amount of time on the logical opposition part of the LG bible, the part where you go over must be true/except, etc. how beneficial is that going to be, if at all? Does it become the norm to auto think that when reading questions?

ready4180

New

Post by ready4180 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 pm

Perhaps a totally dumb question, but on PT-S3-Q1: I know E is correct, but shouldn't Mary be included in the list with John or Theresa? I guess it doesn't matter because those 2 still make the answer true, but I was thrown because it was incomplete.

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:09 pm

ready4180 wrote:Perhaps a totally dumb question, but on PT-S3-Q1: I know E is correct, but shouldn't Mary be included in the list with John or Theresa? I guess it doesn't matter because those 2 still make the answer true, but I was thrown because it was incomplete.
PT#

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”