JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CardozoLaw09

Gold

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:05 pm

weathercoins wrote:Was able to do a quick 40 minutes of weaken questions after work. Such a good feeling to get one wrong but then realize immediately why, and (hopefully) never make the same mistake again.
Drilled about 30 weaken Qs yesterday -- #81 -110 from the Cambridge packet; not too pleased with the results, I think they're easily my weakest question type. Going to drill some more tonight.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:21 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
weathercoins wrote:Was able to do a quick 40 minutes of weaken questions after work. Such a good feeling to get one wrong but then realize immediately why, and (hopefully) never make the same mistake again.
Drilled about 30 weaken Qs yesterday -- #81 -110 from the Cambridge packet; not too pleased with the results, I think they're easily my weakest question type. Going to drill some more tonight.
WeakenX are what blows, that and maybe parallel flaw. Both require more selective elimination and time than others.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:41 pm

Went through the RC of 39, 40, and 41, and skimmed Manhattan's RC book, again, but shaking the dust off helped reinforce some things. Although I reviewed these PTs previously during my post-test review, my review was focused on specific questions, and not the passage as a whole. In other words, I had focused on the details of the section instead of the overall patterns of it's contents. I'm going to start doing both from now on. While I'm not as good as I want to be in RC yet, I think tonight was a step in the right direction.

I also redid some Simple Ordering Games. Finished this game type, again. Didn't remember any of them. I have a theory that I only remember things which give me trouble. But anyways:

Simple Ordering Games, -0
4 games, (19:01), level 2
4 games, (24:02) level 2/3
2 games, (11:19), level 3/4

Time to get back to Finance...

Squintz805

New

Post by Squintz805 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:01 am

Alright ladies and gents, n esteemed colleagues...i has a question

I know the June '13 Study Group thread has a list of PT's 40+ and review dates for them starting from early february, and this is where my curiosity lies.

I've just recently finished the LRB and LGB and have been drilling according to game types and question types from the older PT's 7-38. I've also been sticking with Voyager's RC Strategy for the earlier PT's (although im considering picking up Manhattan's RC Book).

And so I was planning on saving my bulk of the Modern PT's for mid April through May.

So are the majority of people in here way ahead of the curve? Am I way behind? or what?

Kool-Aid

Bronze

Post by Kool-Aid » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:04 am

Had a friend from my undergrad get in Harvard yesterday, and I ended up falling asleep next to my prep books later that night. It has definitely inspired me, considering our alma mater and similar backgrounds. I think it was just what I needed to get me focused on what I need to do between now and June.

Anyway I'm currently drilling relative ordering games, ID flaw LR, and doing a few RC sections a day. Taking pt 52 tomorrow...I've seen all of the pts in the 50s so I'm going to save the newer ones and the 40s until later in my prep.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shieldofachilles

Bronze

Post by shieldofachilles » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:08 am

so a little rant after an early night with a couple buddies for what probly was deserved rest..........seriously have to cut down on my daily tls allotment...its becoming sort of an addiction lol. i dont do facebook or any other social networking crap and this is the first site i log onto when my computer comes on. but on the bright side ive noticed the people on this site (pretty obvious but still a good point) are way ahead of those that arent. take my phil. class for example. no joke probly 2/3 of the class is gunning for law school. i kind of felt bad bc most of them never even heard of the powerscore bibles and another was like.."eh i did well on the sat without studying so figured id take the test in june and see how it goes." dont want to sound holier than thou in any way but i cant help but think how the hell do they expect to get a job from a TTT? i mean come on...we all made horrible decisions majoring in liberal arts (seriously what the hell can i do with a degree in ancient greek..Starbucks?) but those of us that chose such worthless majors can make up for it with this test........conclusion: part of me wishes i never stumbled on TLS years ago and part of me thanks every key stroke that got me here.

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:43 am

JUST FINISHED READING MLSAT LG WOOT WOOT! gonna start drilling thru logic games by type starting tmr! try out some strategies that i learned. and try to see what works for me and what doesn't. because MLSAT really doesn't give too much practices. it felt really philosophical the whole time i was reading it.

how many games do you guys do each day? and do you jump around? or do you guys finish them type by type??

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:53 am

eliztudorr wrote:JUST FINISHED READING MLSAT LG WOOT WOOT! gonna start drilling thru logic games by type starting tmr! try out some strategies that i learned. and try to see what works for me and what doesn't. because MLSAT really doesn't give too much practices. it felt really philosophical the whole time i was reading it.

how many games do you guys do each day? and do you jump around? or do you guys finish them type by type??
What did you think of MLG? I'm trying to get mine finished in the next few days. Already did LGB.

I do one type until I get sick of doing it and then do one more for stamina. I don't really count the number of games, just focusing on mistakes and doing them until I get -0 before moving on to something new.

crazyrobin

Bronze

Post by crazyrobin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:57 am

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:
What did you think of MLG? I'm trying to get mine finished in the next few days. Already did LGB.

I do one type until I get sick of doing it and then do one more for stamina. I don't really count the number of games, just focusing on mistakes and doing them until I get -0 before moving on to something new.
LGB is good enough. You don't have to read Manhattan LG. I did get it but I only skimmed a few chapter.
Game is all about familiarity and judgment to throw couple hypos, practice makes perfect.
I read LGB twice. Now I can finish LG from PT 1-40 with 5-6 minutes to spare while constantly achieving -0.
FYI, it probably has something to do with my UG major, I am majored in Statistics. Those probability to me seems like a piece of cake. Besides, I really love game. It's fun.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:05 am

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:JUST FINISHED READING MLSAT LG WOOT WOOT! gonna start drilling thru logic games by type starting tmr! try out some strategies that i learned. and try to see what works for me and what doesn't. because MLSAT really doesn't give too much practices. it felt really philosophical the whole time i was reading it.

Tree Method > PowerScore's Method for relative ordering

Other than that it's your call as to what approach you find more comfortable. Both have their merits.
Last edited by CardozoLaw09 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:11 am

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:

i have a copy of LGB in pdf but never really studied it cuz i learned the basics of LG from TestMasters. and heard that MLSAT teach more on how to develop a strategy. timing was my problem not accuracy (i can get all of them right no problem..but cannot do the harder games in time..so i picked up the kindle version last wk and have been cramming it because i want to start practicing).

i like it. it did gave me some ideas that i want to try out that TM didn't tell me. that's the problem with group live courses, they teach the basics. because they have to cover the whole class not just YOU. also, i was spending a lot of time on writing EVERYTHING down because i was scared i might miss something. like id write EVERY SINGLE rules down in 1, 2, 3 AND THEN rewrite them into a setup, which takes a lot of time. but since MLSAT gave it a go ahead, im going to start just writing the rules INTO the setup as i read. tried it out on the practice games in the book and thought its good!

just little things and adjustments in terms of my setup style...and like what crazyrobin said, Game is all about familiarity. thats what im going to do now.

skim through the last few chapters...i think its really the first half that teaches you something if you read the LGB. grouping is all about inferences (that you need to learn from practicing ACTUAL games). hybrid games depends heavily on the first half of the book...i read through the second half in 1 day...didn't want to spend too much time on it.

im considering doing one from each type per day. just so i touch on all of them everyday.

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:16 am

crazyrobin wrote:
FYI, it probably has something to do with my UG major, I am majored in Statistics. Those probability to me seems like a piece of cake. Besides, I really love game. It's fun.
hehe good for you! i do like game a lot more than LR and RC lol i hate reading....did not at all read for my UG (was a biz major..everything's formulas, numbers, powerpoints, on the field DO IT....i barely read anything...)

which make me a bit iffy about law school cuz i heard we have to READ A LOT

crazyrobin

Bronze

Post by crazyrobin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:23 am

eliztudorr wrote: hehe good for you! i do like game a lot more than LR and RC lol i hate reading....did not at all read for my UG (was a biz major..everything's formulas, numbers, powerpoints, on the field DO IT....i barely read anything...)

Ye, I am worried about that too. I have 2 hours reading schedule since Nov 2012. I have followed my schedule scrupulously. RC is definitely my worst section..... Under time constraint, my best effort is -3.
LR is a monster, I am still on my way to beat the bitch lol.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:32 am

crazyrobin wrote:
eliztudorr wrote: hehe good for you! i do like game a lot more than LR and RC lol i hate reading....did not at all read for my UG (was a biz major..everything's formulas, numbers, powerpoints, on the field DO IT....i barely read anything...)

Ye, I am worried about that too. I have 2 hours reading schedule since Nov 2012. I have followed my schedule scrupulously. RC is definitely my worst section..... Under time constraint, my best effort is -3.
LR is a monster, I am still on my way to beat the bitch lol.
wow 2 hours? i can barely sit through 30 min without being distracted. but continue reading is really the key. i remember, i couldn't even read through ONE LR question (without going back and reread it over and over.. it was just too intense for my head) when i first started...till now i can do the questions....im already crying over my progress. lol consider english is my second language.

i honestly have been slacking on RC because LR is already too much on my plate :( but not going to stop trying.

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:36 am

I thought Grouping is supposed to suck more than Sequencing. For whatever reason the former comes much easier to me than the latter.

Anyway, just finished up my Velocity LG book. Gonna drill a bit more then call LG a wrap. Then I'll do PT41 this weekend, assess my LR weaknesses and move on to LRB.

CanILive

New

Post by CanILive » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:25 am

Man, this thread is dedicated.

We're all gonna crush in June if we keep this work ethic up.

crazyrobin

Bronze

Post by crazyrobin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:08 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
wow 2 hours? i can barely sit through 30 min without being distracted. but continue reading is really the key. i remember, i couldn't even read through ONE LR question (without going back and reread it over and over.. it was just too intense for my head) when i first started...till now i can do the questions....im already crying over my progress. lol consider english is my second language.

i honestly have been slacking on RC because LR is already too much on my plate :( but not going to stop trying.
If you find it's hard to keep locked while reading try audible books first. After a week or so, you should be able to sit tight and read the materials. Also I believe RC is all about memory and interest. If you can keep yourself locked and keep anticipation, I dare say that you will be in a good shape.

You may also want to try this method: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=203798

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Considering that drilling LR is really just taking select problems from old PTs, I'm going to stop drilling, and focus on timed sections. Next week starts 5 sections for me, using old RCs, when I'm not taking PTs I'll be doing timed LR sections, redoing games, or reviewing RC.

Let's go.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Just spoke with shield, he is busy all afternoon and suggested we review tonight from 8 - 10pm Eastern. I have been studying for midterms all day, and I'm not finished yet, so this works for me too. Rhymes, Dozo, rizzy_rawls, Chambo, objection_your_honor (assuming you have done it today), thoughts? Haven't heard from armed recently, I'm assuming he's busy all weekend so I doubt he'll make it.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Damn I probably won't be available at that time. If there are others that are okay for tomorrow as well, can we reschedule for then?

jmjm

Bronze

Post by jmjm » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Began prep for June today with PT-38 LR.
-2, -3 in LR1 and LR2
LR-2 has an "item removed from scoring". Would the real test-takers have seen the item?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:37 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:Damn I probably won't be available at that time. If there are others that are okay for tomorrow as well, can we reschedule for then?
Yeah I suppose we could, I'm busy all afternoon tomorrow though, leaving tomorrow morning, until noon, or anytime tomorrow evening after 5:00 PM. I'm also referring to the central time zone.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:38 pm

jmjm wrote:Began prep for June today with PT-38 LR.
-2, -3 in LR1 and LR2
LR-2 has an "item removed from scoring". Would the real test-takers have seen the item?
I think so, but you don't get credit even if you get it right.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:Damn I probably won't be available at that time. If there are others that are okay for tomorrow as well, can we reschedule for then?
Yeah I suppose we could, I'm busy all afternoon tomorrow though, leaving tomorrow morning, until noon, or anytime tomorrow evening after 5:00 PM. I'm also referring to the central time zone.
Great, that works for me. Although if everyone is available tonight and you guys do end up reviewing that's cool with me; if anything I'll just PM one of you with any particular questions I had.

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:10 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:
Great, that works for me. Although if everyone is available tonight and you guys do end up reviewing that's cool with me; if anything I'll just PM one of you with any particular questions I had.
Tomorrow evening works best for me too.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”