JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MauveT-Rex

New

JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Post by MauveT-Rex » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:43 am

I've been anxiously awaiting for someone to post this thread (sad, I know), I can't take it anymore, I had to pull the trigger..... I took last June's administration after taking Blueprint's Classroom Course in Berkeley and although I choked badly on the test, I was very happy with Blueprint's Course. I'm shoring up my LSAT education by implementing a combination of Steve Schwartz's 7 month Plan and PithyPike's Study Plan. I'm also considering a Velocity Logic Games Course as well since Games are my weakness. I am worried about overwhelming/confusing myself a bit by studying so many different strategies and theories but I hope there will be a significant net gain. I've began by starting the famed LGB (currently ch. 2).

I wish nothing but the absolute best for everybody taking the June 2013 and any other LSAT Administration and look forward to hearing everyone's study plans and progress and ultimately everybody reaching their goals. Rock the damn LSAT, Law Services test writers are not smarter than us, they will be defeated by TLS in June 2013......Wolverines!!! (??)

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:17 am

Last edited by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Nikkiv92

New

Post by Nikkiv92 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:54 pm

I've been waiting for this too!

Stupe

Bronze

Post by Stupe » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:22 am

I'll be here after Christmas. 6 months of prep... I'm actually a bit nervous I'll run out of material by June and flop.

Will be checking in with this thread regularly.

jrsbaseball5

Bronze

Post by jrsbaseball5 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:54 am

Sup ya'll. I'll be here after finals get done in the next couple of weeks and begin the madness that is LSAT prep. Look forward to working with you guys!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

warandpeace

Bronze

Post by warandpeace » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:55 am

I'll be here after Christmas too, friends. Btw what's the difference between this and the newly created (re)take june thread?

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 am

warandpeace wrote:I'll be here after Christmas too, friends. Btw what's the difference between this and the newly created (re)take june thread?
I think that thread is a questionnaire. I'm not sure if they want it polluted, but I'm down for merging or whatever.

Stupe

Bronze

Post by Stupe » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:34 am

warandpeace wrote:I'll be here after Christmas too, friends. Btw what's the difference between this and the newly created (re)take june thread?
Usually the "retakers" threads are just general hype/chat threads, while this one will specifically be for prep discussion and study groups.

warandpeace

Bronze

Post by warandpeace » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:36 am

Stupe wrote:
Usually the "retakers" threads are just general hype/chat threads, while this one will specifically be for prep discussion and study groups.
duly noted

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MauveT-Rex

New

Post by MauveT-Rex » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:44 am

If anybody else is located in Northern CA (Bay Area) and would be interested in a monthly proctored test please let me know. I'd love to get in some pressurized tests.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:17 am

warandpeace wrote:
Stupe wrote:
duly noted
Duly noting also. This just got twice as fun.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:02 am

I'll be here, too - starting Steve Schwartz' six-month study plan right before Christmas.

sprinky07

New

Post by sprinky07 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:54 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:You just opened a can of worms. I'll be here in a few weeks when I'm done with finals. I'm not allowing myself to start yet. I've gathered as many PTs as I can find, and I've got the bibles and am getting the Manhattan RC guide. This will be my first attempt and I haven't taken a prep course, but I think I get how the test works. We need to pool our info on study strategies and come up with a good way to keep everything organized once this thread gets rolling. I read somewhere about using spreadsheets and a searchable journal for missed questions. I'm also buying some almonds because a lot of people said they make you poop 180's. I can't wait to murder the shit out of this LSAT. It sucks that I have to concentrate on something less important like finishing school first. I think I might shave my head or give myself a mohawk too.
From then on, it will be fifty push-ups each morning, fifty pull-ups. There'll be no more pills, there'll be no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From then on, it will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight.

Checking in for the June LSAT too. ^^^^This post was epic btw.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:36 pm

sprinky07 wrote:Checking in for the June LSAT too. ^^^^This post was epic btw.
Thanks, and welcome aboard.

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Checking in! I already started early, but im a slow studier anyway. Done with LGB and almost done with LRB. gonna move on to manhattan and a huge pile of PTs shortly thereafter. I wish for everyone to have the fortitude to stick with whatever plan you're going with and knock this June test out of the park!

sprinky07

New

Post by sprinky07 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:39 pm

I'm currently working through the LRB. I took a cold diagnostic (161) and then did 4 or 5 tests out of one of the books that has like 10 prep tests in it. With each test, I showed a slight improvement, but I never scored higher than a 167. I did excellent on the games, but my RC and LR were inconsistent at best. As I work through the LGB, I'm definitely understanding how to attack each question better and hope to show some significant improvement on the LR the next time that I take a test. So if anybody is debating on whether or not to purchase the LRB, I would definitely recommend it.

Now I have a question for anybody that has completed the LRB: do you diagram as much as the book suggests? I've tried diagramming on some of the questions at the end of each section, but I find it to be time consuming and I end up confusing myself on the diagrams instead of just answering the questions. If you do diagram, do you diagram exactly like the book suggests or have you came up with your own system?

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:43 pm

sprinky07 wrote:I'm currently working through the LRB. I took a cold diagnostic (161) and then did 4 or 5 tests out of one of the books that has like 10 prep tests in it. With each test, I showed a slight improvement, but I never scored higher than a 167. I did excellent on the games, but my RC and LR were inconsistent at best. As I work through the LGB, I'm definitely understanding how to attack each question better and hope to show some significant improvement on the LR the next time that I take a test. So if anybody is debating on whether or not to purchase the LRB, I would definitely recommend it.

Now I have a question for anybody that has completed the LRB: do you diagram as much as the book suggests? I've tried diagramming on some of the questions at the end of each section, but I find it to be time consuming and I end up confusing myself on the diagrams instead of just answering the questions. If you do diagram, do you diagram exactly like the book suggests or have you came up with your own system?
I'm interested in hearing this too. I want to get the symbols fairly tailored before I start. I looks like it gets messy when it gets to material conditionals with a contraposition of compound sentences. Like on p. 159 where it has A ---> B and C with the contrapositive B or C ---> A. I think it would be easier to leave the original consequent as a conjunction and just cross the whole thing out like B and C. There is no need to DeMorgan's it out because you know you can't have both if you don't have one or the other.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

powder

Silver

Post by powder » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:45 am

I'll be starting in on this soon. Waiting for my new printer to get here, and then it'll be raining logic games and LR problems and PTs.

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:50 am

Checking in.

I'll be here after the holidays as well.

Planning to do a Testmasters (or Powerscore) live course Jan-Mar then use the last 3 months cleaning up weaknesses and doing PTs. All while following the Schwartz 6-month (day by day) study guide. I've never introduced so much structure into my life for a +5pt increase on a test lol

Good luck everyone!

warandpeace

Bronze

Post by warandpeace » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:02 am

the fact that I don't know what the above posters are talking about is stressing me out/making me feel like I need to read the Bibles now...

jrsbaseball5

Bronze

Post by jrsbaseball5 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:04 am

For those of you using the Schwartz study guide does it seem helpful? I don't mind purchasing it if it is going to give me the guidance that I need but I don't want to waste money either.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:11 am

warandpeace wrote:the fact that I don't know what the above posters are talking about is stressing me out/making me feel like I need to read the Bibles now...
This helped me pick what books to get:
From TLS1776's Thoughts on the LSAT People Who Did Exceptionally Well on the LSAT

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:23 am

jrsbaseball5 wrote:For those of you using the Schwartz study guide does it seem helpful? I don't mind purchasing it if it is going to give me the guidance that I need but I don't want to waste money either.
If you are more of a broad thinking free-wheeler who is great in the abstract and less so with the concrete and structure, it is quite good. It presents an easy to follow road map from Day1 to test day.

If you're great with self-imposed discipline and structure, then no, not so much.

monkeyseverywhere

New

Post by monkeyseverywhere » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum (I just found this bad boy today) and I just wanted to annouce myself and check in for the June group.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”