8 Full Days Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
salim123

New

8 Full Days

Post by salim123 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:41 pm

So, I have 8 full days to get ready for my retake of the December test. I have no other obligations for the next 8 days. Just studying. I took the test in October and did just ok.

Timing is not going to be an issue here with me.

Any advice on how to tackle this challenge?

Typhoon24

Silver

Re: 8 Full Days

Post by Typhoon24 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:52 pm

overdo it but don't overdo it at the same time, if that makes sense. Also I hope you just didn't start studying now for the retake and that these last 8 days are just crunch time.

salim123

New

Post by salim123 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:59 pm

no ive been doing some gaming review since the last exam but not much for the other two section types.

any suggestion on last minute LR review? test day strategy approaches? read slower? stuff like that

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Yes of course, read slower, rest well these last couple of days, and if you PT, PT at the same time of day as your exam will be. As for LR, go through the LRB or the Manhattan LR guide and remember the "Big Picture" concepts that will appear on the test. some examples include:

1. Must be true answers must come DIRECTLY from the stimulus, any answer choice that brings outside info is automatically WRONG.
2. Strengthen and weaken arguments don't have to completely strengthen or destroy the argument, as long as they do it at least a little, the answer is right.
3. Justify the conc. must 100% validate the conclusion, think of it as strengthen on steroids.
4. resolve the paradox answers will not cancel one side (premise) out, instead find middle ground between the premises.
5. etc etc, just remember bullet points like this for the 13 question types.

Breathe in, breathe out. Read every question carefully and try your best to control your emotions up and through the test. Best of luck, salim.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”