Should I take December or February?

tfwnogf

Should I take December or February?

Postby tfwnogf » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:29 am

Looking online, it seems like the curve for December is the most lenient, while February is considered one of the stricter curves, and I know that there are many factors that might affect this, but I was wondering what the input of TLS is concerning test difficulty between these two administrations? Do you think there is a consistent difference in difficulty, and will I be "missing out" so to speak on an easier curve if I choose to take February instead of December in anticipation of applying to law school in fall 2013?

sinfiery

Re: Should I take December or February?

Postby sinfiery » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:34 am

Tests are equated, not curved.

Doesn't matter.

Unless you are absolutely in the zone come December, February gives you more time to prepare so I'd go with that. Can retake in June or October if need be.

Also, it's too late to register for December. Are you already registered?

geary86

Postby geary86 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:51 am

I don't know where you got the idea that February administrations are comparatively stricter in terms of the curve...

All the February LSATs are undisclosed so we don't know if it in fact has a harsh curve or not...

tfwnogf

Postby tfwnogf » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:10 am

^ yeah well I just kinda browsed a bunch of lsat blogs and some guy did some weird analysis of the disclosed tests or something and found that the curve on Feb. was the second 'strictest'.

In terms of preparation, I'm probably not quite fully prepared for the test (this is going to be a retake), so I guess I would be better off taking it in February. I'm a student right now so preparing during my finals time is so stressful.

Anyways, I'm hoping to get some more input from people who have taken the Feb. test... Did you notice anything different, or pretty much the same?

SumStalwart

Postby SumStalwart » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:27 pm

tfwnogf, are you applying this application cycle? If so, February might be a little too late. If you don't feel prepared for the December LSAT, you have two options:1) Sit out of the cycle, or 2) sit for the LSAT in Feb. and apply late. There is a third option, of not going to law school, but no one on TLS wants to hear that.

Good luck studying!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”