Drilling question...

Yankees1404

Drilling question...

Postby Yankees1404 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:05 pm

For anybody who has used the cambridge books to "drill" sections...how'd you go about it? did you see a noticeable gain? obviously, this strategy seems effective for zeroing on weaker areas within a given section...but please anybody who has "drilled" explain the method you used. un-timed vs timed? how many questions did you do per "drilling"...and any other relevant details to somebody looking to use this approach (mostly to sharpen my LR). thank you!

florida1949

Re: Drilling question...

Postby florida1949 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Yankees1404 wrote:For anybody who has used the cambridge books to "drill" sections...how'd you go about it? did you see a noticeable gain? obviously, this strategy seems effective for zeroing on weaker areas within a given section...but please anybody who has "drilled" explain the method you used. un-timed vs timed? how many questions did you do per "drilling"...and any other relevant details to somebody looking to use this approach (mostly to sharpen my LR). thank you!

I used Kaplan's books and have no idea how they compare with Cambridge's so take this with a grain of salt.

Drilling worked wonders for me. For instance, LR parallel reasoning questions gave me a lot of trouble initially. I would drill 5-6 questions at a time un-timed then go over my answers. I tried to focus on getting my methodology down more so than completing the questions quickly. Definitely saw a big improvement rather quickly.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”