Serious problem with LR! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
inevitable510

New

Serious problem with LR!

Post by inevitable510 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Last edited by inevitable510 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cobretti

Gold

Re: Serious problem with LR!

Post by Cobretti » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:35 pm

You have plenty of time, just keep studying and you'll see gains.

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Serious problem with LR!

Post by bp shinners » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:40 am

inevitable510 wrote: I know the test changes significantly but is this just a fluke in the number of questions I'm missing or does the LR section REALLY get that harder?
The test does not change significantly. They get a little more sophisticated with their language, and they're a little more precise with their wording. However, the logic is the same, and the question types are the same.

If you are used to the 'old' LSATs, then changing from #20 to #60 can result in a bit of a shock the first time. Your brain is used to a certain pattern on the exam that's shifted since the 90s. However, it shouldn't take too long for you to adjust to the new ones, as the logic/question types (as stated above) are the same. So think of the new LSATs as a cold pool - you faced the shock when you jumped right in. But now that you're in, it should feel a lot better. I'd expect you to take 1-2 more tests/sections to adjust, and then see a reversion to your old levels of accuracy.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”