Serious problem with LR!

inevitable510

Serious problem with LR!

Postby inevitable510 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Hey guys, I'm in need of some advice on the LR section. I drilled PT's 10-20 and usually missed 2-4 each LR section. Just for kicks I drilled PT 60 and probably missed around 9-10 on the first LR section. I know the test changes significantly but is this just a fluke in the number of questions I'm missing or does the LR section REALLY get that harder? I'm planning on taking the February test. I haven't started drilling the RC section but I've gotten the LG section down pretty well..can I still be in shape, taking in account what PT 60 might indicate? I've gone through the PS Bibles and Manhattan books. Also have drilled with Cambridge worksheets. Thanks!

Cobretti

Re: Serious problem with LR!

Postby Cobretti » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:35 pm

You have plenty of time, just keep studying and you'll see gains.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:40 am

inevitable510 wrote: I know the test changes significantly but is this just a fluke in the number of questions I'm missing or does the LR section REALLY get that harder?

The test does not change significantly. They get a little more sophisticated with their language, and they're a little more precise with their wording. However, the logic is the same, and the question types are the same.

If you are used to the 'old' LSATs, then changing from #20 to #60 can result in a bit of a shock the first time. Your brain is used to a certain pattern on the exam that's shifted since the 90s. However, it shouldn't take too long for you to adjust to the new ones, as the logic/question types (as stated above) are the same. So think of the new LSATs as a cold pool - you faced the shock when you jumped right in. But now that you're in, it should feel a lot better. I'd expect you to take 1-2 more tests/sections to adjust, and then see a reversion to your old levels of accuracy.

inevitable510

Postby inevitable510 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 pm

I think you're right, thanks. Took me one and a half sections to get used to it. Thanks!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”