First accuracy, second speed?

lsatkid007

First accuracy, second speed?

Postby lsatkid007 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 pm

So I have read in several thread that say focus on accuracy then work on speed. I can't seem to get accuracy down on RC. So when am I going to work on speed. Heck, I don't thing I will every get accuracy down to a -5 or less per section on RC and I have done about 60+ passages. I mean I have gotten better then I first started but still no where near where I want to be. I do better on passages that I am not familiar with then passages I think I have good grasp on. All and any help is appreciated.

dingbat

Re: First accuracy, second speed?

Postby dingbat » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:17 pm

lsatkid007 wrote:So I have read in several thread that say focus on accuracy then work on speed. I can't seem to get accuracy down on RC. So when am I going to work on speed. Heck, I don't thing I will every get accuracy down to a -5 or less per section on RC and I have done about 60+ passages. I mean I have gotten better then I first started but still no where near where I want to be. I do better on passages that I am not familiar with then passages I think I have good grasp on. All and any help is appreciated.

Good luck getting into Cooley

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm

lsatkid007 wrote:So I have read in several thread that say focus on accuracy then work on speed. I can't seem to get accuracy down on RC. So when am I going to work on speed. Heck, I don't thing I will every get accuracy down to a -5 or less per section on RC and I have done about 60+ passages. I mean I have gotten better then I first started but still no where near where I want to be. I do better on passages that I am not familiar with then passages I think I have good grasp on. All and any help is appreciated.

bro, 60+ passages isnt that many. thats 15 sections. thats the barest of bare minimums recommended on here for people who have a diagnostic in the 170s. drill more, for accuracy. as everyone says, the speed will come later.

where are your errors? are you not finishing sections? have you read any guides?

lsatkid007

Postby lsatkid007 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:39 pm

bitsy wrote:

bro, 60+ passages isnt that many. thats 15 sections. thats the barest of bare minimums recommended on here for people who have a diagnostic in the 170s. drill more, for accuracy. as everyone says, the speed will come later.

where are your errors? are you not finishing sections? have you read any guides?

Hey thanks man. I though doing 60+ and not getting a perfect, that there was something wrong with me. Haha I don't feel so bad. I have improved from when I first started. The passages with easy topics I am missing the most questions and the passages with difficult topics I seem to be doing better. My main mistakes are coming from inference questions and parallel (analogous) and for some reason I can't seem to get the stupid role questions (what roles does the 3rd paragraph play). I have read the PS RC and MRC. The MRC I look over almost every other day. My biggest improvement has came from me anticipating what's coming in the next paragraph. It has really helped me engage in the passage. Sorry for rambling but that's where I stand right now.

SumStalwart

Postby SumStalwart » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Yeah, 60 passages is not too many at all.

Just make sure that when you work on accuracy you truly do not time yourself. Make sure that you deconstruct each question and figure out what it's asking you.

RC has been extremely volatile for me, as well. However, I have noticed that since I began doing pure un-timed RC drills, my PT RC's have improved significantly.

Just keep at it, but don't neglect the other sections.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”