Two Weeks till December LSAT

Brysia

Two Weeks till December LSAT

Postby Brysia » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:43 pm

I improved about 10 points in 6 weeks of prep and I am scoring in the mid 160's.
I get -4 or -5 consistently on RC but my LR and games range from 0 to -8.

Should I change to February test or is there any way to improve at least additional 5 points in the next two weeks?

Thanks.

JUburton

Re: Two Weeks till December LSAT

Postby JUburton » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Do you want/have to apply this cycle? If so, Feb is likely too late. If you're fine waiting another year you may as well postpone to Feb or June and really get where you want to be.

On the other hand, retakes don't really hurt.

Brysia

Postby Brysia » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:25 pm

How much would a retake hurt?

How about applying this year hoping for a waitlist and supplying February score later?

Any strategies for the last two weeks of studying to raise a score by additional 5 points?

Thanks.

SumStalwart

Postby SumStalwart » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 pm

1) Retakes don't seem to hurt nearly as much as they did in the past; most schools rely primarily on the highest score.

2) The February score method is more for scholarships. It's incredibly late in the application cycle; after December is pushing it. With that being said, it might be worth trying, however, sitting for the December LSAT seems like a better option.

3) Try using the Manhattan LSAT Guide. Also, do un-timed drills for LR questions, and explain to yourself why each answer is correct. This will force you to start to understand the logic of correct and incorrect answers.

How do you perform on the AR section? It's the easiest to improve, so that might be a way to secure more points.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:46 pm

IT IS NOT TWO WEEKS UNTIL THE DECEMBER LSAT!

Stop freaking me out like that :x

Brysia

Postby Brysia » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:15 pm

M.M. wrote:IT IS NOT TWO WEEKS UNTIL THE DECEMBER LSAT!

Sorry. :!:

Brysia

Postby Brysia » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:23 pm

SumStalwart wrote:1) Retakes don't seem to hurt nearly as much as they did in the past; most schools rely primarily on the highest score.

2) The February score method is more for scholarships. It's incredibly late in the application cycle; after December is pushing it. With that being said, it might be worth trying, however, sitting for the December LSAT seems like a better option.

3) Try using the Manhattan LSAT Guide. Also, do un-timed drills for LR questions, and explain to yourself why each answer is correct. This will force you to start to understand the logic of correct and incorrect answers.

How do you perform on the AR section? It's the easiest to improve, so that might be a way to secure more points.

I guess I will keep on studying and take the December test.

Thanks.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Brysia wrote:
M.M. wrote:IT IS NOT TWO WEEKS UNTIL THE DECEMBER LSAT!

Sorry. :!:

You are forgiven. :mrgreen:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”