Question about Dec retake

old joe clark

Question about Dec retake

Postby old joe clark » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Before the Oct LSAT I was PTing anywhere from a 168-174 for a few weeks. However, because of multiple different reasons (death in the family 2 weeks before the test, bad test anxiety, almost peeing my pants for the first 3 sections) I ended up only scoring a 159. I was extremely disappointed with this score and planned on retaking it in June so I could have a break from studying for a little. I decided to take a PT I had not taken yet this past friday and scored a 163. Then I took another PT on saturday and scored a 171. After over a month off my LR is improved while my LG is a bit rusty. I am wondering if I should just continue taking and reviewing PTs and then take the Dec LSAT? I am honestly a bit confused because I honestly feel like taking a month off actually made all the information I studied everyday for 3 months really sink in. Also, Does anyone have any tips or advice for reducing test day anxiety and nerves? Thanks!

Platodium

Re: Question about Dec retake

Postby Platodium » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Exactly same boat here, down to the numbers. I read me some Manhattan LR and RC (after having used PS) but you're probably good for those sections.

I'd also like to know about PT frequency. Sometimes, I feel like I should be doing a PT a day, but maybe this would not be the best use of my time. How often does TLS preptest? Once every 2 days, with the off day for review? Only problem is my review takes me much less time to do than the actual test, and I'm left wanting to test again :X

old joe clark

Postby old joe clark » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Anybody?

megagnarley

Postby megagnarley » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:31 pm

old joe clark wrote:Before the Oct LSAT I was PTing anywhere from a 168-174 for a few weeks. However, because of multiple different reasons (death in the family 2 weeks before the test, bad test anxiety, almost peeing my pants for the first 3 sections) I ended up only scoring a 159. I was extremely disappointed with this score and planned on retaking it in June so I could have a break from studying for a little. I decided to take a PT I had not taken yet this past friday and scored a 163. Then I took another PT on saturday and scored a 171. After over a month off my LR is improved while my LG is a bit rusty. I am wondering if I should just continue taking and reviewing PTs and then take the Dec LSAT? I am honestly a bit confused because I honestly feel like taking a month off actually made all the information I studied everyday for 3 months really sink in. Also, Does anyone have any tips or advice for reducing test day anxiety and nerves? Thanks!

Re anxiety: Pick an album. I listened to Jay-Z's blueprint the entire week leading up to the test and on my way to the center the morning of. Walked in feeling confident. Focus on the music.

SumStalwart

Postby SumStalwart » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:37 am

It totally makes sense that the month break gave your brain time to finish processing the information.

Have you already signed up for the December LSAT? If so... take it. If not, I don't think that it's still open to register.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”