Outside reading material to improve RC section

Yankees1404

Outside reading material to improve RC section

Postby Yankees1404 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:41 pm

I am planning on take the June LSAT and was wondering if people could offer suggestions for reading material that may help sharpen my RC section of the LSAT. While i realize this may not end up being fruitful, i feel like its worth a shot. I'm only employed part time and could easily spend an hour or two a day reading. I've heard the economist...please list any and all suggestions for outside material which may be beneficial. I've already studied the games and LR, but am hoping to just gain a couple points in reading the next 6-7 months.

Jaqen

Re: Outside reading material to improve RC section

Postby Jaqen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:47 am

Scientific American.

Theopliske8711

Postby Theopliske8711 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 am

Why do people praise the Economist so much? I have family members with no education background who read it regularly, it's not that amazing really. I guess you could read it, especially if you have a certain economic bent, but it's not a shining light of intellectualism (it's just much better than all the other crap we have in the US). I would recommend Scientific American and probably various academic journals. I recently started a subscription of the British New Left Review journal, which, being influenced by the "new left", means it often becomes quasi-coherent post-structuralism.

Foreign Affairs magazine is pretty solid it deals with a plethora of topics. A legal journal would do well and an anthropology journal to read from.

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:14 pm

the new yorker. the articles are interesting and often cover a wide variety of topics (politics, literature, business, etc.). i try to read each article without breaks to build up endurance.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”