PT 61 S.2 #12 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hallbd16

New

PT 61 S.2 #12

Post by hallbd16 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Worked with another TLS on tinychat and we couldn't figure this one out. For this resolve the paradox, I couldn't definitively eliminate D? Why is A correct and D wrong? [edited]

Thanks in advance
Last edited by hallbd16 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

natashka85

Bronze

Re: PT 61 S.2 #12

Post by natashka85 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:32 pm

hallbd16 wrote:Worked with another TLS on tinychat and we couldn't figure this one out. For this resolve the paradox, I couldn't definitively eliminate D? Why is D correct and A wrong?

Thanks in advance
Ok ,Here is your answer, first of all u just mentioned that D is correct but I checked the answer key the correct answer is A not D ,now i am gonna explain to you why.
First lets rephrase that shark teeth are the most common vertebrate whereas shark skeletons are much less common ,now the correct answer will fill that gap.
A)right,cause explains that skeleton is made of cartilage and teeth and bone are much more likely to fossilize than cartilage -explains why we have so many teeth fossils but less skeletons.
B) not relevant ,who cares about areas
C) not relevant if it easy to distinguish or hard to distinguish
D)we are not talking about species of sharks alive today,especially some of them (see not representative )
E)nobody cares about processes especially if they are more or less common

hallbd16

New

Re: PT 61 S.2 #12

Post by hallbd16 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:58 am

Ah sorry about the incorrectly typed statement above, fixed it.

Ah, yes, I overlooked the scope of the AC referring to sharks being alive today. Thanks.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”