June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby wtrc » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 am

1. Want to improve my score. Still split between Feb and June, but don't see much a reason not to wait. Applying for the 2014 cycle.

2. Previous score: 166

3. Target score: 173. When I was studying hard for the September LSAT (didn't end up taking it) I was scoring 169 to 172 on PT's.

User avatar
DougieFresh
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby DougieFresh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:03 pm

I wont be starting my study program until March, but for those of you who are interested the June 2013 study thread is up and running. Good luck and keep posting!

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:27 pm

1. Poor UGPA and didn't reach target in October.
2. 165 (PT average was 168 going in).
3. Target is 175

User avatar
sl5uw13
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby sl5uw13 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:28 pm

1) Why are you taking/retaking in June 2013?

I want a better score and I want the time to really prepare. also, it's in the afternoon

2) What are your previous score(s)?

Cold diagnostic: 164, june 2012: 168, Oct 2012: 168. I was pting around 172 for october.

3) What is your target score?

I'm going for that 180.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby 052220151 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:56 pm

1) Why are you taking/retaking in June 2013?

I have one more crack at the thing and want to insure that I have plenty of time and leave no stone unturned.

2) What are your previous score(s)?

163 in June, 166 in October (after PTing in the mid 170's since July, clearly I am disappointed)

3) What is your target score?

I feel if I do this right, I will end up right near 180. So 180 is the goal.



Glad to see so many familiar faces in here.

mir1234
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby mir1234 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:12 pm

I have a question!! So i took my third lsat last week..but i didn't feel good about it at all. If I am to cancel my score, does that mean it stills counts as a third attempt and I cannot register again?

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:29 pm

It counts no matter what.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Question to everyone:

Are you planning on going through prep books again? I just got the 3rd edition MLSAT LG, and I'll be doing it this month because LG was my weakest section (it's also chock full of new material and walkthroughs). The RC book is short and was immensely helpful to me, so I'll read through that as well. For LR, I have more specific areas to work on, but part of me thinks it may be beneficial to read through (or at least skim) the entire book. This of course comes at the expense of time spent drilling known weak spots. Thoughts?

EDIT: Hard for me to even remember how to spot a necessary assumption from a sufficient one. The mind is resilient in its laziness.

User avatar
DougieFresh
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby DougieFresh » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:50 pm

I think most high scorers on this forum say that our focus should be on identifying weaknesses and then drilling them. So, if you know where your weak spots are, it seems that you would focus on these areas.

Then again, we are planning for a test six months in advance, so we should all have time to drill all questions types, bearing in mind that our focus be on those that give us the most trouble.

EDIT: that pizza looks delicious. Goat cheese & spinach? I worked at an independent pizza shop throughout UG - good times.

User avatar
bmore_md
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby bmore_md » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Gonna be in on this.

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby rebexness » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby wtrc » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:40 pm

PT 41

LG1: -1
LG2: -3
RC: -2
LG: -3, but took some extra time on the last game. Without the extra time would have been -5 or so.

172, 92/101 raw.

I was happy with my LR scores and with RC, unhappy with games, but still getting back into the grind after a long break following the June 2011 LSAT. If I had gotten all the games right (a huge "if," but I won't take another LSAT unless I'm pretty confident of that), I'd be looking at a 176. I'm usually -4 or so on the RC, so hoping this wasn't an aberration.

Also, if anyone wants to study together, we have a small (~5 person or so) study group going (with Feb takers mostly), where we work on the same PT and then discuss over email/possible blog/perhaps chatroom in future. It helped me in the past. PT 41 this week, 42 next.

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby rebexness » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:31 am

objection_your_honor wrote:Question to everyone:

Are you planning on going through prep books again? I just got the 3rd edition MLSAT LG, and I'll be doing it this month because LG was my weakest section (it's also chock full of new material and walkthroughs). The RC book is short and was immensely helpful to me, so I'll read through that as well. For LR, I have more specific areas to work on, but part of me thinks it may be beneficial to read through (or at least skim) the entire book. This of course comes at the expense of time spent drilling known weak spots. Thoughts?

EDIT: Hard for me to even remember how to spot a necessary assumption from a sufficient one. The mind is resilient in its laziness.


Definitely going through the prep books again - we have so much time until June so it doesn't hurt to reinforce the concepts, plus there's the chance we come across something that we might have overlooked the first time around. If mastery is the aim then the concepts need to be second nature.

Going through the LG Bible + Manhattan LR 3rd right now and then will move on to Manhattan LG/RC and then a PT.

User avatar
running_bear
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:25 am

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby running_bear » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:41 am

Sweet, I hope this thread ends up being as useful as the October 2012 prep thread was. I want to see you guys doing PT post-ops in the months leading up to the test on tinychat, you hear me?

1) Why are you taking/retaking in June 2013?

Because february is undisclosed which would drive me absolutely insane if I scored poorly, October was lower than I wanted but at least I got to see that it was my fault and not a scoring error. Also, writing at 12:30 should help, as getting up for 8:30 was a big problem for me in October and likely hurt my score.
2) What are your previous score(s)?

172 in October 2012

3) What is your target score?

178. In all my prepping for October I never exceeded a 178, but I got 178 on something like half the PTs I took. It could be that I'm not capable of a 180, and that 178 is my ceiling. If it is, I want to hit that ceiling. If I am capable of higher than a 178, then bully for me, but no amount of 180s during practice will make me unsatisfied with a 178 on test day.

User avatar
armenazo
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby armenazo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:17 am

1) Why are you taking/retaking in June 2013?

Because I want to go to a "Top Law School." My dream is to go to Northwestern (I will be a URM splitter with a GPA of 3.03.)

2) What are your previous score(s)?

152, then 157 Diagnostic.

3) What is your target score?

170 plus. I'm employed FT (at a V100 firm), so I will start studying in my free time and on weekends. I've saved over two and a half weeks of vacation time - which will likely be around three and a half weeks come June - and I plan on using it in preparation for the June LSAT.

User avatar
the_pakalypse
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby the_pakalypse » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:40 pm

running_bear wrote:Sweet, I hope this thread ends up being as useful as the October 2012 prep thread was. I want to see you guys doing PT post-ops in the months leading up to the test on tinychat, you hear me?

1) Why are you taking/retaking in June 2013?

Because february is undisclosed which would drive me absolutely insane if I scored poorly, October was lower than I wanted but at least I got to see that it was my fault and not a scoring error. Also, writing at 12:30 should help, as getting up for 8:30 was a big problem for me in October and likely hurt my score.

2) What are your previous score(s)?
172 in October 2012

3) What is your target score?

178. In all my prepping for October I never exceeded a 178, but I got 178 on something like half the PTs I took. It could be that I'm not capable of a 180, and that 178 is my ceiling. If it is, I want to hit that ceiling. If I am capable of higher than a 178, then bully for me, but no amount of 180s during practice will make me unsatisfied with a 178 on test day.



Sort of similar situation with me as well.

1) I wasn't happy with my December 2011 performance. LG tripped me up (stupid TV shows), and I decided to cancel midway through the next section (175 or bust right? Didn't feel like my LG performance would let me get near 175)

2) No real previous score, but I redid the December 2011 test recently without any prep since the last time I took the test and ended up with a 171 (tv shows still screwed with me haha). I was PTing 174 pretty consistently before the test, with a few 176-180 peppered in between.

3) I want 175+ on the real test.. so I want to be PTing at least 177-178 before retaking. Unfortunately, I've exhausted a lot of the material already. I'll be focusing on LG and RC more heavily this time around.

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby mindarmed » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:03 am

Tagging in for this. Going to try to apply for a job as an LSAT teacher because I graduate in Fall '13 and don't really have the time to get a real FT job.

June '12: 177
June '13: Hopefully 180.

User avatar
Scotchandsoda
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:09 am

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby Scotchandsoda » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:17 pm

1) Why are you taking/retaking in June 2013?

I am retaking because I bombed the Dec 2012 lsat.

2) What are your previous score(s)?

I scored a 157.

3) What is your target score?
At this point, I just want to hit my PTS scores, which were in the high 160's. I don't know what happened on this one. I'm trying not to be discouraged, but I just don't know.

User avatar
Scotchandsoda
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:09 am

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby Scotchandsoda » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Lets Freaking kill the June test! we've got 6 freakin months to hit our targets!

rigs321
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby rigs321 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 pm

1. Scored well below my PTs in Dec. Got 160, was testing closer to 170. Also, Feb seems pointless/rather give myself more time. At least I won't be starting from scratch and all other sections - LG are good. Will still review those of course, but main focus will be LG.

2. See above, 160.

3. Target is 170 area, I know it's do-able since I've gotten that in PTs before. So I guess I should aim higher, let's say 175

rigs321
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby rigs321 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Scotchandsoda wrote:
3) What is your target score?
At this point, I just want to hit my PTS scores, which were in the high 160's. I don't know what happened on this one. I'm trying not to be discouraged, but I just don't know.


Same happened to me, don't get discouraged this happens sometimes, nerves or just missing something. The good news is that we have PT higher, and we know we can get there. I was discouraged at first but now I just see an opportunity to do even better than I was expecting to do in December!

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby wtrc » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 pm

5 months and a week to go, y'all.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby wtrc » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:26 pm

armedwithamind wrote:Tagging in for this. Going to try to apply for a job as an LSAT teacher because I graduate in Fall '13 and don't really have the time to get a real FT job.

June '12: 177
June '13: Hopefully 180.


Wait, you're retaking a 177?

User avatar
Scotchandsoda
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:09 am

Re: June 2013 LSAT (re)take Thread

Postby Scotchandsoda » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 am

rigs321 wrote:
Scotchandsoda wrote:
3) What is your target score?
At this point, I just want to hit my PTS scores, which were in the high 160's. I don't know what happened on this one. I'm trying not to be discouraged, but I just don't know.


Same happened to me, don't get discouraged this happens sometimes, nerves or just missing something. The good news is that we have PT higher, and we know we can get there. I was discouraged at first but now I just see an opportunity to do even better than I was expecting to do in December!


We got this, dude. I mean it is pretty discouraging but I guess it could just be a blessing in disguise. I hope.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, blackmamba8, Instrumental, tuesdayninja, Vino.Veritas and 15 guests