Anyone create their own LSAT questions to prep? I did

Jdn

Anyone create their own LSAT questions to prep? I did

Postby Jdn » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:15 am

So after starting out very weak in LR and LG in late June, I have left RC on the back burner while prepping for the December LSAT. Since then, I've really improved in LR and my LG's have been really solid, although I've struggled big time with a couple of the new LG sections now that I am PT'ing. If I can't create a familiar set-up I panic and then flip through the whole section and get flustered rather than just be dynamic and attack the question. It seems with the new LG's if you don't fret and get down to business the actual logic required is simple. Talk is cheap, though.

Okay that was irrelevant but I needed to vent my progress as I'm in remote China and no one here has ever heard of the LSAT before and therefore doesn't give me the sympathy I oh so desire when I talk about studying for this test. Point of this post is that I started out way back with RC scores ranging around -3 and then neglected it until now. When I do my PT'ing I now range from anywhere from (-4) to one that was close to (-10) -- I can't remember I've tried to bury tha tone deep down inside.

After reading everything I can online about RC strategy I just can't figure it out. What I did tonight is I thought about how so many passsages have similar structure and how when I write essays I actually use a similar argumentative format. I had to write a bunch of short popinion paper swhen I was in ungrad last year and realized I used so many of hte same elements.

I've actually ended up creating my own RC passage to see if it will help me analyze structure and details etc.. Has anyone else done this? IS it valuable or am I going to screw myself up. NOw I am brainstormoing and thinking perhaps I will try my hand at LR and LG's because I feel like attaching the test from the other side, the psychometrics side could prove valuable. ZBut, I don't want to waste my time wiht 3 weeks lift. I can't say I'm really expecting constructive criticism of my idea although it is an interesting idea? what do you think????

Typhoon24

Re: Anyone create their own LSAT questions to prep? I did

Postby Typhoon24 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:27 am

If it makes you feel confident and even leads to you improving your RC score, great. However, prepping on passages/questions that are not directly from a previous LSAT is unwise. You want to stay as close to the actual test as possible.

hallbd16

Postby hallbd16 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:32 am

Off topic, but where in China are you? I am gonna be taking the December test in Shanghai.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:If it makes you feel confident and even leads to you improving your RC score, great. However, prepping on passages/questions that are not directly from a previous LSAT is unwise. You want to stay as close to the actual test as possible.

Jdn

Postby Jdn » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Dongguan in the south... It's not actually all that remote it just feels like it because I started out in Beijing... I'm going to be writing it in Guangzhou though

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”