Question For Tutors Out There..

Question For Tutors Out There..

Postby jrthor10 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:06 am

So quick question for people who tutor. I have started LSAT tutoring in the last couple of months and really enjoy it. Gives my mind a different challenege from work, and I enjoy helping students do better on the test. Most of my students have been making gains of 10+ points, so that is rewarding for me.

However, I have a number of students, who even once they make gains of 10-15 points, are still practice testing in the 150s. And if a student is testing in the 150s, their options for law school are not very good. I am having a hard time balancing letting an individual do what they want vs. crushing their dreams and telling them that their options at schools, that will let them in with that score, are not very good. Is it my job as their LSAT tutor to scream "DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL WITH A 153," or should I recognize that my job is simply to help them increase their score? I believe in personal responsibility and choice, but am I being negligent by not saying anything, especially since I know better? I would be lying if I didn't mention that part of my reason for not saying anything is that I want the student to keep me as their tutor....

Last edited by jrthor10 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Question For Tutors Out There..

Postby ScottRiqui » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 am

If they ask for your advice on the topic of "should I go to law school", then you can voice your misgivings. Until then, just concentrate on helping them maximize their LSAT score - you're not a life coach.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”