Advice for a February Taker with limited space for books Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JDndMSW

Silver

Advice for a February Taker with limited space for books

Post by JDndMSW » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:48 am

Hi there, i have decided to retake the February LSAT.
My biggest issue is that I am currently doing Hurricane Sandy relief and am living out of a small suitcase. I definitely do not have room (nor access at the moment) to my Blueprint prep materials I used previously. I feel that I could use improvements in all areas especially since i haven't looked at any prep material in almost a year. I was curious given a lack of space for books which ones would be the most bang for my space. Another issue is I do not have a mailing address for packages so any help with that issue or advice on places in Jersey to get these books would be fantastic.
A little backstory on my LSAT history: I took an in class Blueprint course the summer of 2011. I tested in Oct 2011 and Dec 2011 and scored a 160 and a 162 respectively. I wasn't planning the Dec retake (had tried to get a refund) so the score increase was likely based on being able to relax.
I pretty much know what school I will be attending I am just hoping that if I can increase by just a few points I could get a lot more $$$.

TheThriller

Gold

Re: Advice for a February Taker with limited space for books

Post by TheThriller » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:39 pm

You could flash drive/usb books if ya want. Velocity has online copies of their material as well

JDndMSW

Silver

Post by JDndMSW » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:05 pm

TheThriller wrote:You could flash drive/usb books if ya want. Velocity has online copies of their material as well
You know who you look a lot like. Not BooBoo the bear but Madison Bumgarner from the SF Giants.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:15 pm

JDndMSW wrote:
TheThriller wrote:You could flash drive/usb books if ya want. Velocity has online copies of their material as well
You know who you look a lot like. Not BooBoo the bear but Madison Bumgarner from the SF Giants.
Not at all :lol:

I'm retaking in Feb as well!

annet

Bronze

Post by annet » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm

I think Velocity and 7sage are very online-oriented. I'm really only pro-paying for Velocity games though, especially if you've already taken a Blueprint class and are only looking for a few more points.

One really nice thing about amazon/kindle is that even if you don't have a kindle (or access to one at the moment) you can read books in your browser through their cloud drive (amazon - manage my kindle - go to book list - click "read now" on the flash pulldown thing to the right of each book). I prefer paper books but I do have Manhattan LR (my worst section by far) for kindle so I can pull up sections in my browser when things get slow at work.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JDndMSW

Silver

Post by JDndMSW » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 pm

annet wrote:I think Velocity and 7sage are very online-oriented. I'm really only pro-paying for Velocity games though, especially if you've already taken a Blueprint class and are only looking for a few more points.

One really nice thing about amazon/kindle is that even if you don't have a kindle (or access to one at the moment) you can read books in your browser through their cloud drive (amazon - manage my kindle - go to book list - click "read now" on the flash pulldown thing to the right of each book). I prefer paper books but I do have Manhattan LR (my worst section by far) for kindle so I can pull up sections in my browser when things get slow at work.
Ya I think the Barnes and Nobles nearby has Manhattan books so I think I will grab some of those and hopefully that will help. I don't have a solid internet connection and I will be doing a lot of studying on long van rides.
Also I love your tar, I still go on a play games at times. I have over 2 million Neopoints.

annet

Bronze

Post by annet » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:53 pm

JDndMSW wrote:
annet wrote:I think Velocity and 7sage are very online-oriented. I'm really only pro-paying for Velocity games though, especially if you've already taken a Blueprint class and are only looking for a few more points.

Ya I think the Barnes and Nobles nearby has Manhattan books so I think I will grab some of those and hopefully that will help. I don't have a solid internet connection and I will be doing a lot of studying on long van rides.
Also I love your tar, I still go on a play games at times. I have over 2 million Neopoints.
I know, I just can't give it up. Started playing my soph year in college :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”