Spend time reviewing LR questions you got *right*?

ScottRiqui

Spend time reviewing LR questions you got *right*?

Postby ScottRiqui » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:09 pm

I just started studying LR, and I took a couple timed sections beforehand just to see where I stand. I consistently finished them with about ten minutes left, and missed 2-3 questions per section. Almost without exception, the questions I'm missing are the ones that I knew I was struggling with while I was taking them.

My question is, how much time should I spend reading the answer explanations for questions that I got right? I know there are probably insights to be gained from reading *all* of the explanations, but if at the time I was taking the section, the right answer looked right and all the wrong answers looked wrong, it doesn't seem like a good use of time to read through the explanations for those questions.

bitsy

Re: Spend time reviewing LR questions you got *right*?

Postby bitsy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:16 pm

going over every explanation sounds tedious as hell. i look at any that i wasnt 100% on-- if i had two strong contenders, ill check to see why the wrong answer was wrong. i circle the number of those hos so i can call em up later.

steel_shot

Postby steel_shot » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:59 pm

I just star ones I'm not 100% sure on. Even if I did POE and didn't feel at ease with it. That's worked for me so far.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:21 pm

steel_shot wrote:I just star ones I'm not 100% sure on. Even if I did POE and didn't feel at ease with it. That's worked for me so far.

This. Review the ones where you were guessing between the last two. If you just nailed a question, though, don't bother with review.

theycallmefoes

Postby theycallmefoes » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:43 am

I pretty much agree with what's been said, especially for PTs. If I'm working with a book, though (like LRB or MLSAT LR), I usually will look at the brief explanation for the ones I got right. Caveat: Even with those, I only read the explanation for the the correct AC. If my thought process in picking that answer matched theirs, I move on. If I somehow managed to pick the correct answer but for the wrong reason (which happens very rarely and generally only on difficult questions that I had already marked for review), I'll read the full explanation.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:35 am

Echoing the others, but this is where group review of PTs is really helpful. There may be some you got right, but knowing that other people had trouble with it and explaining the answer can give you deeper insight into the test itself.

theycallmefoes

Postby theycallmefoes » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:28 am

NoodleyOne wrote:Echoing the others, but this is where group review of PTs is really helpful. There may be some you got right, but knowing that other people had trouble with it and explaining the answer can give you deeper insight into the test itself.

+1

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”