Cancelled score counts as one of your 3 takes in 2 years...?

d0rklord
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Cancelled score counts as one of your 3 takes in 2 years...?

Postby d0rklord » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Right?

I remember reading it somewhere but I cannot find it now...

Thanks!! :)

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Cancelled score counts as one of your 3 takes in 2 years...?

Postby Icculus » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Yes

NightmanCometh
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Re: Cancelled score counts as one of your 3 takes in 2 years...?

Postby NightmanCometh » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Yes:

You may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period. This policy applies even if you cancel your score or if your score is not otherwise reported. LSAC reserves the right to cancel your registration, rescind your admission ticket, or take any other steps necessary to enforce this policy.

Source: LSAC website

d0rklord
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: Cancelled score counts as one of your 3 takes in 2 years...?

Postby d0rklord » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Thanks!

And how likely is petitioning for a 4th retake?

I took in June and cancelled. Im not 100% ready for Dec but wanted to roll the dice so I don't apply super late... But I'm mainly banking on Feb...


Gahh!!

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Cancelled score counts as one of your 3 takes in 2 years...?

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:20 am

Taking a year off out of the question? Applying in February is a terrible idea.

d0rklord
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: Cancelled score counts as one of your 3 takes in 2 years...?

Postby d0rklord » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:35 am

CyanIdes Of March wrote:Taking a year off out of the question? Applying in February is a terrible idea.


I've heard quite the opposite for this cycle... I don't know if it's true or not but I remember someone saying they spoke to an admissions official who said that applying late will be cancelled out with the decrease in applicants...

Fingers crossed!

If I don't get what I want out of this cycle, clearly I'll have to wait it out :X

User avatar
Funkycrime
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Re: Cancelled score counts as one of your 3 takes in 2 years...?

Postby Funkycrime » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:09 pm

What about a cancelled registration the day of the deadline (day before the test)? The website says that a cancel following the test will count or a score that is not otherwise reported, and I'm not sure how to translate the second part.

before2day
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Re: Cancelled score counts as one of your 3 takes in 2 years...?

Postby before2day » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:12 am

Funkycrime wrote:What about a cancelled registration the day of the deadline (day before the test)? The website says that a cancel following the test will count or a score that is not otherwise reported, and I'm not sure how to translate the second part.
z

the second part probably means conduct issues during the examination resulting in an ejection... Not showing up is recorded as an absence, no score involved whatsoever, don't think this counts as "taking the test 3 times in 2 years" per the rule.

before2day
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Re: Cancelled score counts as one of your 3 takes in 2 years...?

Postby before2day » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:16 am

d0rklord wrote:
CyanIdes Of March wrote:Taking a year off out of the question? Applying in February is a terrible idea.


I've heard quite the opposite for this cycle... I don't know if it's true or not but I remember someone saying they spoke to an admissions official who said that applying late will be cancelled out with the decrease in applicants...

Fingers crossed!

If I don't get what I want out of this cycle, clearly I'll have to wait it out :X


...you're gonna chance a late application on what you heard from someone who spoke to an admissions officer...?

and you "don't know if it's true..."

User avatar
scottyc66
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Cancelled score counts as one of your 3 takes in 2 years...?

Postby scottyc66 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Number of applicants will almost definitely be down, question is whether schools will shrink their classes to adjust. The number of LSAT takers has declined steadily the last several years, going down upwards of 15% for given tests compared to the year before.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Greenteachurro, harveybirdman502, laqueredup, Majestic-12 [Bot], mintme, mukol, Necho2, Pozzo, Snowjon, Tazewell, theGrinch and 13 guests