DECEMBER RETAKE HELP! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Lawyerdreamz222

New

DECEMBER RETAKE HELP!

Post by Lawyerdreamz222 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Hello everyone, this is my first post on here and I look forward to your helpful responses. So here is my situation:

I took the Blueprint LSAT prep course in prep for the October 2012 LSAT. When taking practice tests throughout my prep I ended up averaging about 157s however, on the October LSAT I scored a 149. Though I was very depressed and not to excited about going for it again, I have registered and decided to take the December LSAT. I also have been able to make some life changes which includes postponing work when before I was working about 40hrs and going to school full time. I know I did not study with %100 effort but all my Blueprint material is basically used up.

I just purchased the LSAC SuperPrep and am actively looking at the PowerScore Bibles. I have about 4 weeks to the test.
Any opinions on those PowerScore bibles or other books that would be better for this 4 week stretch?
Can you please recommend how I should go about studying?
Does anyone have a good schedule for this short amount of prep that I could follow?
Will studying another companies prep books hinder my success?
What other materials should I use?

I am going to be more then happy to just score about where I was scoring for practice tests but obviously would love to do much better. I never really was able increase my timing and felt on the real exam I just blew through it trying to complete the exam. My reading comprehension seemed to be my weakest area through prep and on the actual exam. I look forward to your help. Thank you!

AceOfSpades

New

Re: DECEMBER RETAKE HELP!

Post by AceOfSpades » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:39 pm

I think most people on this forum would tell you to follow Noodles advice on December retakers. It actually is a solid plan.

But if you want additional advice here it goes:

Power Score LSAT Logic Games Bible- This is the holy grail of understanding games. Focus 2-3 days on understanding everything on this book and an additional 4 days focusing on game sections

Manhattan Reading- Focus 2 days with this book and additional 4 days focusing on reading sections

Manhattan LR or Powerscore LR-- Either book (depending on who you ask) will be worth it but focus on this section for a week and a half.

Now I am not sure what your weaknesses are but I suggest tweaking this type of schedule around it. Make sure you do PT (this is just my advice) every day and using an experimental focusing on whichever one you want to work on. Take it like you would on test days and after you score your test go over every single question that you got wrong. Make sure you understand why you got it wrong and the last week before the LSAT go over those questions again. I'm not sure what your target score is but 1 month (with the right amount of dedication and ability) is enough time for a good improvement.

Lawyerdreamz222

New

Post by Lawyerdreamz222 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. How do I go about finding noodles advice? Can you send me the link?

Also, so your recommendations is to basically divide my prep and really focus on each section on its own. I haven't received the books yet but should be getting them tomorrow. How long would it take for me to get through each book you think?

I also just got my hands on a bunch of prep tests, answers, and explanations from a fellow classmate.... So I definitely will be throwing those into my prep plan.

SumStalwart

Bronze

Post by SumStalwart » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:16 pm

AceOfSpades

New

Post by AceOfSpades » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:53 pm

I can't stress PT enough... I'm not sure what your knowledge is when it comes to each section so in terms of going thru the book, it shouldn't take you long, skip over sections you know you mastered or glance over it and focus on your weakness. Realistically it shouldn't take you more than 2 days max per book if you put time because I'm assuming you are not going over the book like its your first time knowing about the LSAT. You have to be realistic to yourself, if you are not grasping the concept of the book it might not be enough to study for dec test.
Again without knowing anything about your weakness or strength I suggest you first focus on what you think you can master first and work on your weakness.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lawyerdreamz222

New

Post by Lawyerdreamz222 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:04 pm

I just reviewed my Oct LSAT and I really feel like I made just stupid mistakes. The LR especially. I know I was very stressed and must have hurried through everything because my timing was still a bit to slow going into the test. What can you recommend on that aspect? I think in combination of reviewing all the books and multiple PTs I hope I can increase time as well as accuracy. Any tips?

AceOfSpades

New

Post by AceOfSpades » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Pretty much from what you said, I will just advice you to drill, drill, drill, drill and drill some more. You just gotta get confident and don't feel rush... Remember to breathe.... Once you find a rhythm you will be okay.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”