Thoughts on my retake?

Platodium

Thoughts on my retake?

Postby Platodium » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:59 am

After preptesting at around 168, I ended up with a 159. I didn't even feel like I severely underperformed (I was worried about a 162 at lowest) on the day of the test so I'm a bit worried. After looking at my answers, I don't really know what went wrong.

I usually go
-6 RC
-5 LR (in total)
-2 LG

On the actual test, I consistently DOUBLED my errors on every section. !Kung really screwed me over (only 1 right) but zones wasn't terrible (only 1 wrong). I took the day before the test off, and didn't change my test taking routine at all. Did about 40+ tests showing good improvement till test day and used PS bibles.

I'm thinking about buying the manhattan LR and RC books and doing prep tests but intensively reviewing them after (something I didn't do enough last time).

Any other thoughts? I guess it's possible that burn-out was a factor, although I thought I was ready for this thing. Very disappointing.

Platodium

Re: Thoughts on my retake?

Postby Platodium » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Anyone?? Any advice would be appreciated!

jato

Postby jato » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat. Test day performance felt very decent, but this did not translate into a score that was anywhere in my PT range (basically wiped out all PT gains). RC+LG (my most consistent sections) screwed me up. I am worried that the feel of these more recent tests is drastically different from the old tests. I know LSAC can't change their metric too much, but the June '12 and Oct '12 tests were much less predictable. So really, I doubt the Dec '12 will be any better but it's still worth a shot if most of the mistakes made can be corrected in time.

Red Forman

Postby Red Forman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm in an eerily similar situation (nearly identical, down to the numbers) :shock:

I'm seriously considering trying this.

Wish I could be more help, but I'm still working my way out of depression [slash] denial. Best of luck.

patienunderstanding

Postby patienunderstanding » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”