If you had one week to refresh yourself on LSAT knowledge...

steel_shot

If you had one week to refresh yourself on LSAT knowledge...

Postby steel_shot » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Hey everyone,

My test was lost (fuck you LSAC) so I have one week to study for a "complimentary" retake. Any idea what to do? Just retake tests and review? I haven't even looked at tests since the Oct test as well, and I was scoring between 167-170 generally.

bobbypin

Re: If you had one week to refresh yourself on LSAT knowledge...

Postby bobbypin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Take a practice test and see where you are missing questions. Focus on those. Make sure you get a good night's sleep and take the day before the test off to relax. Good luck!

It sucks so bad they lost your stuff. It also sucks you got called a troll. I did too (even with a screen shot...assholes)

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:47 pm

steel_shot wrote:Hey everyone,

My test was lost (fuck you LSAC) so I have one week to study for a "complimentary" retake. Any idea what to do? Just retake tests and review? I haven't even looked at tests since the Oct test as well, and I was scoring between 167-170 generally.

That sucks, sorry to hear the bad news. Did it get washed away in the floods and float down a street during the hurricane?

I wouldn't blame or hold a grudge against LSAC, things have been really rough and difficult for everyone in many regions of the east coast recently.

For the re-take, review your outlines of the concepts and techniques, take a few timed tests to get back in the mode and you should be fine, maybe even better. My practice test scores and ultimate test day score went way up after a short almost two week -no LSAT- break and then several practice tests leading up to test day with zero LSAT practice/prep the day before the administration.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:59 pm

I would take the Dec/Feb retake if you can. Give yourself more time to study and get a higher score. Don't feel too bad about your situation.

Think of it this way:

Assume your score was much lower than you anticipated.

You now have a redemption shot with no consequence at all.

Go for it, 180.

msmith19

Postby msmith19 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:12 pm

Jeffort wrote:

That sucks, sorry to hear the bad news. Did it get washed away in the floods and float down a street during the hurricane?

I wouldn't blame or hold a grudge against LSAC, things have been really rough and difficult for everyone in many regions of the east coast recently.

For the re-take, review your outlines of the concepts and techniques, take a few timed tests to get back in the mode and you should be fine, maybe even better. My practice test scores and ultimate test day score went way up after a short almost two week -no LSAT- break and then several practice tests leading up to test day with zero LSAT practice/prep the day before the administration.

LOL I love this. Yeah, don't blame LSAT for losing a test that you invested hundreds of hours in preparation for. That you paid $180 to write and probably another $500+ in prep supplies from them. How have things been really "rough and difficult" for LSAC. More so than a guy who writes a test and it's lost..so he has a week to refresh his memory and likely do worse come complimentary retake? The fact that they don't refund his money AND give him a complimentary retake is another display of the arrogance and sense of entitlement that the LSAC has.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:11 pm

msmith19 wrote:
Jeffort wrote:

LOL I love this. Yeah, don't blame LSAT for losing a test that you invested hundreds of hours in preparation for. That you paid $180 to write and probably another $500+ in prep supplies from them. How have things been really "rough and difficult" for LSAC. More so than a guy who writes a test and it's lost..so he has a week to refresh his memory and likely do worse come complimentary retake? The fact that they don't refund his money AND give him a complimentary retake is another display of the arrogance and sense of entitlement that the LSAC has.

Uhm, ok blame LSAC if you want, but given all the practice tests leading up to test day, the re-take is just another LSAT. Same stuff, different day, different test-form. Maybe blame UPS or hurricane Sandy. LSAC was operating on generator power for a few days, closed the headquarters because employees couldn't get to work due to flooding and their phones were knocked out by the storm. According to the data I've collected and been keeping track of that covers things back to 1991 regarding LSAC and the LSAT, this is the first time I know of when scores for a regular administration were released AFTER the stated release deadline.
Last edited by Jeffort on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Writtingmyps

Postby Writtingmyps » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Take a PT every other day. review wrong/right answers on the off days.

refresh formal logic.

do 5 game sections of logica games on off days to get your LG times down.

Good luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”