Timers

scottyc66

Timers

Postby scottyc66 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:00 am

Hey TLSers,

I've read a lot of mixed things on what timers you're allowed to use, if any at all, during the actual LSAT. I obviously want to try to do practice tests in reasonably close testing situations as I'll have test day so I'm trying to figure it out a decent amount of time before the December test.

Thanks

WhiteyCakes

Re: Timers

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:07 am

analog watch. that is prettty much all you're allowed to have.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 am

You are only allowed to bring in and have on you/on the desk an analog wristwatch to keep track of time.

http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/day-of-test.asp#desktop

Items Allowed on the Desktop

Test takers may only have tissues, their ID, wooden pencils, erasers, a pencil sharpener, a highlighter, and an analog (nondigital) wristwatch. No electronic devices are permitted. Neither are timers of any kind except analog wristwatches.

allthatyouvegot

Postby allthatyouvegot » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:22 pm

If you don't usually wear an analog watch, practice with it in test conditions beforehand. It's very quiet in the test room and the ticking can get very distracting if you're not used to it.

Funkycrime

Postby Funkycrime » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 pm

I bought an LSAT watch and it ticks like crazy. I have combated the problem by leaving it on the floor and picking it up randomly. Does anyone this will be a problem on test day?

Cerebro

Postby Cerebro » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:29 pm

allthatyouvegot wrote:If you don't usually wear an analog watch, practice with it in test conditions beforehand. It's very quiet in the test room and the ticking can get very distracting if you're not used to it.

The ticking doesn't bother me. To the contrary, it's like having my very own pausarius, driving me ever onward to victory. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXh1tW16V-8

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”