December retake? No october score?

jns66

December retake? No october score?

Postby jns66 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:40 pm

I had thought October scores would be out this past Friday, or at least Monday leaving me with a good 5 weeks to review before December. Well, a hurricane happened and now everything is pushed back and severely cutting into the study time I may or may not need. Is anyone else in the same boat? Ultimately, I was aiming for a 171+ and I am just not sure if I hit that.

Also, now I am kind of worried I don't have enough time. I was PTing at the score I hoped to achieve under test conditions prior to the test. I seriously have no clue where to even begin, particularly with my lack of motivation that I have because of all this uncertainty. Interested to see if anyone else is going through this and if anyone has any sort of plan of attack.

Psib337

Re: December retake? No october score?

Postby Psib337 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:53 pm

I haven't started studying or December yet even though I will most likely be retaking. The way I see it even though there's really only a few weeks if you're retaking you'e fixing things not learning the test and becoming familiar with the information. If you were PTing at 171 you know the test already, I doubt you're looking at parallel reasoning and picking the answer with the same subject matter or looking at games going, "I have no idea what to do." At this point you're probably either just adjusting your strategy or making sure that there is nothing they can throw at you that you don't understand or would cause you to panic. As long as you don't let Thanksgiving distract you (like pigging out on leftovers and sitting in front of the TV all week instead of studying) you'll probably be fine.

jns66

Re: December retake? No october score?

Postby jns66 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Thanks - that is pretty much how I was feeling until I started to see the days on the calendar dwindling. ha Yea, pretty sure I won't be as motivated if I start now anyway. I know my weak points, so I guess I'll just wait it out. Pure torture though.

Going to work on putting a game plan together though - just in case.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”