LR timing problem

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
nosleeptillsuccess

New

LR timing problem

Postby nosleeptillsuccess » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:40 pm

okay so i got only -2 in the LG section and tanked in the RC per usual because I couldn't get to the last section. I'm alright in the arguments but I can only get to like question 19 or 20. Any tips to cut some time???? I ended up with a 149 which shows how weak i am in the other sections considering i basically aced the LG.

This post is mainly for LR but RC advice is welcome too :)

thanks

lebasy

New

Re: LR timing problem

Postby lebasy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:16 am

Hi I have the same problem and hoping to possibly get some answers too!

I just finished going through the Powerscore LR Bible and it helped with my understanding. It emphasized that honing your technique can improve your timing which I totally believe.

However, like you I am only able to get to question 19 & 20.

I just did an LR section in 35 minutes where I was able to complete everything yet I got most of the first 10 wrong which is supposed to be the easiest. I don't know if it's my anxiety, or the timing or the testing.

Theopliske8711

Gold

Postby Theopliske8711 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Without the symptoms, it will be difficult to tell what is cuasing the problem. Are you having a problem understand what you are reading? Are you reading it too slowly? Are you hesitating on the questions?

b33eazy

Bronze

Postby b33eazy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:15 pm

I sometimes have problem understand what I am reading, which gives me time issues and on others I find the correct AC early but I would look at the other AC to make sure my AC is correct or double check AC.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�