If I don't take the LSAT until February

nola13

If I don't take the LSAT until February

Postby nola13 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Should I wait a year to apply to schools? I know a lot of schools have a March deadline, but I'm concerned I'll need to take it again because this will be my first time taking it. Also, I know scholarships are offered on a first come, first serve basis often, so applying that late could possibly keep me from getting scholarships, correct?

So should I just apply and hope for the best or should I wait and apply for the following fall?

Tuco Salamanca

Re: If I don't take the LSAT until February

Postby Tuco Salamanca » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Apply the following fall. Your chances for admission (and scholarships as you mentioned) will be severely diminished. This will give you a chance to retake the LSAT if you want too.

LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Postby LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:02 pm

I would wait. February LSAT is pretty late in the cycle.

d0rklord

Postby d0rklord » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:38 pm

To be honest, i would try...

I'm take Dec and retaking in Feb...

Rumor has it, due to the insane decrease in applicants this year... applying late might not be as detrimental as it typically is...

Doesn't hurt to try! :)

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:50 pm

IMO, if you some extra cash, its worth a few hundred to see what happens this cycle.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:38 pm

nola13 wrote:Should I wait a year to apply to schools? I know a lot of schools have a March deadline, but I'm concerned I'll need to take it again because this will be my first time taking it. Also, I know scholarships are offered on a first come, first serve basis often, so applying that late could possibly keep me from getting scholarships, correct?

So should I just apply and hope for the best or should I wait and apply for the following fall?

Only take the LSAT when you are properly prepared and have been consistently achieving scores in your target range on fresh tests under strict simulated test day conditions.

Mentioning that before having taken it once you already think you are going to have to take it again indicates a lack of confidence that you can or will be properly prepared to do your best on the December test.

If your honest timed practice test scores are not in the range for your target schools in the last week or two before test day, you should withdraw your registration by midnight EST the day before.

BTW, if you plan to take the December test somewhere in North America, today is the deadline to register for it without having to pay the extra late registration fee.

In summary, take it when you are ready to do your best. It is better to apply earlier in the cycle for admission chances and scholarship opportunities. Push it back a year if you need to so that you can do it right to have the best possible chances and opportunities.

nola13

Postby nola13 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:29 am

I haven't taken it yet. I registered for the october test, but I never took it.

I'm taking it for the first time in Feb.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”