Predict your LSAT!

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Predict your LSAT!

Postby JesusChrist » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:15 am

Because you know, that's the kind of activity your neuroses crave. I'm actually a little surprised I didn't find a thread like this already. I'm gonna update with my actual but no one else has to.

Optimistic: 176
Realistic: 171
Pessimistic: 166

Was PTing low 170s, choked with a 166 last year.

I felt so good after each section, except games, that I don't know how to feel. I honestly felt like I didn't miss any questions outside of games but that's so unlikely its stupid for me to keep on entertaining it as a possibility.

lsatownsme
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby lsatownsme » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:19 am

June 2012: 164

Optimistic: 171
Realistic: 169
Pessimistic: 167

Was PT'ing at 175 average, with minimum at 169 and maximum at 180, but on the real thing --

guessed on all but one question on the zones...

User avatar
Triveal
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:54 am

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby Triveal » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:24 am

Optimistic: 177
Realistic: 172
Pessimistic: below 170

I was PTing around 172 but felt like I did way, way better on test day. I finished every section with 5-10 minutes to spare (even zones), and there were only a couple questions on one section I wasn't sure on. I'm a bit uninvested in the outcome at this point, however.

luxlisbon
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby luxlisbon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:27 am

Optimistic:176
Realistic: 172
Pessimistic: 169

PTing 171-178 the month before the test.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby dingbat » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:28 am

Optimistic: 180
Realistic: ???
Pessimistic: 120

User avatar
nick_scheu
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby nick_scheu » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:31 am

Optimistic: 175
Realistic: 170
Pessimistic: 165

My last three PTs (63, 64, 65) were 173, 171, and 170. I tended to see spikes in my score after taking a few days off, as I did with PT63. I took a few days off before October 6, so hopefully I get a spike score.

My first cold PT was 162, so I can't imagine I do worse than that. I also didn't have a hard time with the first LG, as a lot of people seemed to, and while zones was tough since it was at the end, I only did a total guess on 2, with 1 or 2 additional educated guesses. I also didn't seem to struggle much with salt roads, upholstery, !Kung, or any of the other ones people talked about. But I could have always fallen for trap answers.

VasaVasori
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Post removed.

Postby VasaVasori » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:38 am

Post removed.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sun May 10, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
steel_shot
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby steel_shot » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:56 am

Well, I feel like a dumbass compared to everyone, but:

Optimistic: 170
Realistic: 167
Pessimistic: 160

Don't know how I did on that test, and every PT where I have felt this way I've done poorly on. I just want to know if I should be studying for it or not.

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby JesusChrist » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:16 am

steel_shot wrote:Well, I feel like a dumbass compared to everyone, but:

Optimistic: 170
Realistic: 167
Pessimistic: 160

Don't know how I did on that test, and every PT where I have felt this way I've done poorly on. I just want to know if I should be studying for it or not.


Oh definitely, you're so dumb you are a danger to yourself and small animals. 167?

It's funny how warped out perceptions are. I honestly don't think I am even 4 degrees removed from knowing someone who scored <130 but 130 is statistically as common as 170. Maybe <130 scorers don't tell anyone what they scored.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby gaud » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:20 am

OP, I dig your name.

msmith19
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby msmith19 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:36 am

Last 5 PT Range: 170-174
Optimistic: 173
Realistic: 169
Pessimistic: 166

lshopes
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby lshopes » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:41 am

172

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby dproduct » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:02 am

Optimistic: 175
Realistic: 169
Pessimistic: 166
PTing: 175-171 (I got a 168 on the test with stained glass windows though... that was rough)

Honestly, it's going to come down to how well I guessed on zones, so:

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:38 am

JesusChrist wrote:
steel_shot wrote:Well, I feel like a dumbass compared to everyone, but:

Optimistic: 170
Realistic: 167
Pessimistic: 160

Don't know how I did on that test, and every PT where I have felt this way I've done poorly on. I just want to know if I should be studying for it or not.


Oh definitely, you're so dumb you are a danger to yourself and small animals. 167?

It's funny how warped out perceptions are. I honestly don't think I am even 4 degrees removed from knowing someone who scored <130 but 130 is statistically as common as 170. Maybe <130 scorers don't tell anyone what they scored.


Maybe 130s have trouble turning their computer on.

User avatar
bettercallsaul91
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:12 am

Optimistic: 174/176
Realistic: 171
Pessimistic: 169

User avatar
tfwnogf
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby tfwnogf » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:20 am

optimistic: 174
pessimistic: below 170

something doesn't feel right, I have a bad feeling I'm going to be seeing a 168......

User avatar
running_bear
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby running_bear » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:27 am

Optimistic: 176
Realistic: 173
Pessimistic: 160something

User avatar
Clarity
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby Clarity » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:41 am

JesusChrist wrote:It's funny how warped out perceptions are. I honestly don't think I am even 4 degrees removed from knowing someone who scored <130 but 130 is statistically as common as 170. Maybe <130 scorers don't tell anyone what they scored


Optimistic: 140
Realistic: 130
Pessimistic: 120

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby DaRascal » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:15 am

Optimistic: 168
Realistic: 164
Pessimistic: 160

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby NoodleyOne » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:26 am

Optimistic: 180
Realistic: 178
Pessimistic: 172

Hubris boy is back.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby DaRascal » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:29 am

I feel like such a scrub being in this thread lol.

Swimp
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 am

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby Swimp » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:34 am

JesusChrist wrote:Because you know, that's the kind of activity your neuroses crave. I'm actually a little surprised I didn't find a thread like this already. I'm gonna update with my actual but no one else has to.

Optimistic: 176
Realistic: 171
Pessimistic: 166

Was PTing low 170s, choked with a 166 last year.

I felt so good after each section, except games, that I don't know how to feel. I honestly felt like I didn't miss any questions outside of games but that's so unlikely its stupid for me to keep on entertaining it as a possibility.


Your predictions pretty much match mine exactly. I'd been acing LR and RC consistently for a few weeks before the test, but I'm really afraid LG was a disaster.

andreskicdo
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby andreskicdo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:04 am

Optimistic: 168
Realistic: 163
Pessimistic: 161
PTing: 165


This wait is killing me!!!! ugh!!!! LSAC needs to put me out of this misery.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4038
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby North » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:08 am

Optimistic: 169
Realistic: 165
Pessimistic: <161

I am convinced that I really choked. I just know I didn't break 170. Sigh, so sad.

User avatar
anarkali
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Re: Predict your LSAT!

Postby anarkali » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:16 am

Optimistic: 179
Realistic: 174
Pessimistic: 169

I feel like I did well on zones, and I felt great after the test. It really all depends on whether or not I made silly mistakes.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Instrumental, jagerbom79 and 12 guests