Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

lsataddict
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:02 am

Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby lsataddict » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:51 pm

I already own the second edition of all of the Manhattan LSAT books. I just noticed that the third editions are out, though.

I don't think I need more strategy practice with Logical Reasoning or Reading Comprehension besides just taking practice tests. However, Logic Games is by far my weakest section. Is it worth upgrading to from the second edition to the third edition of the Manhattan LSAT Logic Games book? What has been added and altered?

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby Theopliske8711 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:26 pm

The logic game book has the most significant changes. I'm using it now, definitely worth it.

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:12 pm

detailed review here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=162722

christobel
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby christobel » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:47 pm

/
Last edited by christobel on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lsataddict
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:02 am

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby lsataddict » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:35 pm

christobel wrote:When will the 3rd edition be available electronically/for Kindle?

I'm also curious about this.

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:48 pm

lsataddict wrote:
christobel wrote:When will the 3rd edition be available electronically/for Kindle?

I'm also curious about this.

I was just told the LG will be done within 2 weeks. I'll post here when I know more.

lsataddict
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:02 am

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby lsataddict » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:27 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
lsataddict wrote:
christobel wrote:When will the 3rd edition be available electronically/for Kindle?

I'm also curious about this.

I was just told the LG will be done within 2 weeks. I'll post here when I know more.

Will is be cheaper than the printed version?

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:45 pm

lsataddict wrote:
Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
lsataddict wrote:
christobel wrote:When will the 3rd edition be available electronically/for Kindle?

I'm also curious about this.

I was just told the LG will be done within 2 weeks. I'll post here when I know more.

Will is be cheaper than the printed version?

yes

christobel
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby christobel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:08 am

/
Last edited by christobel on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lsataddict
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:02 am

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby lsataddict » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 am

I'm also curious about the availability of electronic copies.

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:51 pm

Sorry, folks - publishing is still working on these. I'll post when I hear something more specific.

- N

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:22 pm

the e-book versions of the 3rd editions should be posted by the end of this week

(btw, I think people learn better with print copies, but whatever floats your boat...)

TiberiusTyrone
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby TiberiusTyrone » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:07 am

Okay... so the gist is that if you have the 2nd editions of RC, LG, and LR, just get the LG 3rd? While the LG 3rd expands a lot more and provides drilling, RC 3rd and LG 3rd just fix up some typos? Would there be an errata available for the 2nd editions of LR and RC?

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 am

TiberiusTyrone wrote:Okay... so the gist is that if you have the 2nd editions of RC, LG, and LR, just get the LG 3rd? While the LG 3rd expands a lot more and provides drilling, RC 3rd and LG 3rd just fix up some typos? Would there be an errata available for the 2nd editions of LR and RC?

All correct.

Here's the errata: http://www.manhattanlsat.com/forums/man ... -f140.html

christobel
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby christobel » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:48 pm

/
Last edited by christobel on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: Manhattan LSAT Books - Second Edition vs. Third Edition

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 pm

christobel wrote:
Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:the e-book versions of the 3rd editions should be posted by the end of this week

(btw, I think people learn better with print copies, but whatever floats your boat...)


Thanks! I bought the LR and RC e-book versions, just waiting on the LG third edition kindle version to be on Amazon, hopefully that'll pop up soon?

I definitely agree, print copies are always better, but I'll be studying in Asia and don't want to lug around large books.

We've submitted them to amazon, b&n and apple - so I'm afraid we're now waiting on them.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Instrumental and 7 guests