February 2013 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dusters

Bronze

Re: February 2013 LSAT Study Group

Post by dusters » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Just got my score back from from October. 162, so I'm going to retake. Aiming for a 170, would be happy with anything 165 or above.

FlyHigh

New

Post by FlyHigh » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:24 pm

I'll be retaking Feb2013 as well. Didn't do as well as I wanted Oct 2012, low 160s which sucks because I was PT'ing at low 170s. Aiming even higher for Feb -- mid/high 170s. Let's do this!

feb13lsat

New

Post by feb13lsat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:13 am

Looking to take the feb 13 lsat. Does anyone know about the classes with testmasters.net. They are offering a class that is 4 days a week from january 3-test day on feb 9. It is in Manhattan with a renowned teacher named Benjamin Marcus. it is a 5 week course but I would be taking it without working or being in class. It would be 5 weeks of undivided attention daily to the test. does anyone have any advice on doing this? thanks in advance

WILLYHUD

New

Post by WILLYHUD » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:03 pm

Anybody else out there looking for a study partner in Atlanta?

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:49 pm

rejected from Georgetown and Notre Dame this week. Using those letters as motivation for Feb

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

IvoryTie

New

Post by IvoryTie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Hey guys,

My Manhattan LSAT bundle just came in. Cambridge bundle is expected sometime next week. Working 40 hours a week and I have a lot of family commitments but I'm hoping I can squeeze out 15-20 hours a week to study.

Any advice for balancing life with studying?

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Starting my prep today after a few month hiatus!

Excited to get back into being anti-social, neurotic and over-caffeinated

Edit:

So after today's prep (eased into it):

LG: 20/21 (4 games) from various PTs
LR: Drilled assumptions, 19/19 from various PTs

griffin.811

Bronze

Post by griffin.811 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:36 pm

TheThriller wrote:Starting my prep today after a few month hiatus!

Edit:

Whats your process for drilling LR? 3 questions in 4 minutes? and how are you reviewing questions?

EEguy5

New

Post by EEguy5 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 am

IvoryTie wrote:Hey guys,

My Manhattan LSAT bundle just came in. Cambridge bundle is expected sometime next week. Working 40 hours a week and I have a lot of family commitments but I'm hoping I can squeeze out 15-20 hours a week to study.

Any advice for balancing life with studying?
Hey all, I have been reading the forums for a few years now. Finally taking the LSAT and started my studies for February last week. Im planning to pretty much follow the pithypike guide, with hopefully more practice packed in given that a lot more PTs have been released since he wrote it.

I too will be working, about 50-60 hours. Plus exercising about 7-8 hours a week, and girlfriend committments about 14 hours a week. I am on a 6 month work trip in Japan, so every hour outside of that, sleeping, and a little bit of sight seeing will be devoted to the test. I am planning for 20+ hours a week of studying.

Sorry no advice IvoryTie, but I feel your pain.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lebasy

New

Post by lebasy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:14 am

I just took my fifth timed LR section from PT 20 to improve my LR and I know this may sound shitty but I do REALLY poorly on it. like UNBELIEVABLY poorly on LR. I did it timed and I got a -8 and when I went over my answers I got a -3. THIS IS HUGE FOR ME. lol

Things that helped: I've been drilling MBT/~MBT/DISagree. Another thing that helps me to warm up before doing my LR is to do just one RC passage before hand to calm my nerves and also get into the mode of concentrating on reading text.

-- And as for drilling, have you been timing those? For the ones I did, I did it fairly slowly.

griffin.811

Bronze

Post by griffin.811 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:08 am

lebasy wrote:I just took my fifth timed LR section from PT 20 to improve my LR and I know this may sound shitty but I do REALLY poorly on it. like UNBELIEVABLY poorly on LR. I did it timed and I got a -8 and when I went over my answers I got a -3. THIS IS HUGE FOR ME. lol

Things that helped: I've been drilling MBT/~MBT/DISagree. Another thing that helps me to warm up before doing my LR is to do just one RC passage before hand to calm my nerves and also get into the mode of concentrating on reading text.

-- And as for drilling, have you been timing those? For the ones I did, I did it fairly slowly.
Originally, I had been going through the Cambridge LR sections untimed, but now I'm trying to complete 3 questions in 4 min, with review after each set of 3.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:06 pm

griffin.811 wrote:
TheThriller wrote:Starting my prep today after a few month hiatus!

Edit:

Whats your process for drilling LR? 3 questions in 4 minutes? and how are you reviewing questions?
You can buy LR questions sorted by type, a few testing companies sell them like this. There are 2 ways I drill. I either do one page, then review each question, or do 15 questions in 15 minutes. The first is untimed and the focus is on 100% understanding of the question. I like to write out why each answer is right and why the others are wrong. The second drilling is focused on timing. If you can get the first 15 questions right on gameday in under 15 minutes, you're in a great position for the second part of the test.

My drilling yesterday was page by page untimed. I have given myself all of November to complete my reunderstanding of the test.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Yesterdays Prep (fell asleep before I could post this)

Day #2:

LG: 20/21
LR: Don't really know the number but I went -1 on an nec. assumption question. Probably did around 10-15 questions before I fell asleep facedown in my book.

Lots of essays coming up but I should have time for school/lsat if I sacrifice going out for a few weeks!

I don't care if no one responds btw, posting this keeps me motivated. Also, if anyone wants photocopied rejection letters, I can write your name in from a few T14s :lol: :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

griffin.811

Bronze

Post by griffin.811 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:18 pm

TheThriller wrote:Yesterdays Prep (fell asleep before I could post this)

Day #2:

LG: 20/21
LR: Don't really know the number but I went -1 on an nec. assumption question. Probably did around 10-15 questions before I fell asleep facedown in my book.

Lots of essays coming up but I should have time for school/lsat if I sacrifice going out for a few weeks!

I don't care if no one responds btw, posting this keeps me motivated. Also, if anyone wants photocopied rejection letters, I can write your name in from a few T14s :lol: :lol:
Haha I'll pass on the rejections! Trying to avoid taking this thing twice. There's way too much time between Feb and Jun tests.

Good work though, I think I'll join you in posting results every night. Don't forget. RC!

griffin.811

Bronze

Post by griffin.811 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Second time posting this, the first time it didnt post for some reason. Anyway, here are last nights results:

PT18 G4: -0 (7:48)
PT24 G1: -0 (10:01)
PT32 G2: -0 (8:53)
PT15 G4: -2 (10:51)
PT20 G2: Got frustrated and gave up around the 12 min mark. I didnt necessarily answer any of the questions wrong, it was just taking me way to long to solve. On the test I woud have had to guess on most and move on. Later found out I missed a big inference and was able to re-do the game fairly easily. Any advice on how to pick up on inferences similar to the one in this game would be appreciated!

Also, for all the -0's this is the second time I have done them. The first time was on 10/30. Once I've done a game, I can solve it (timing issues aside), but this hasn't seemed to transfer over to new games which is concerning. Spent the rest of the night reviewing what it was about certain questions in these games that tripped me up. Back on my regular schedule today minus games. I'm going to do 6 old and maybe 2 new ones, an hour for LR, and an hour for RC (most of which will be spent going through the MLSAT guide.

Hope everyone else's prep is going well! Stay Motivated!!!

bizzybone1313

Silver

Post by bizzybone1313 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Are any of ya'll thinking of sending in apps in January/February, taking February LSAT and seeing what happens during this down cycle? We all know that law schools are number whores. So, if we give them their magic number, we should have a shot.

JDot

New

Post by JDot » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:04 pm

yup I am, I scored a lot lower on the oct. test than I anticipated and I have too many things going on in my life right now to take the dec. test so unfortunately I’m just gonna take the feb. lsat and roll the dice.

also, does anyone know if we can send in our applications soon and request that they hold on to our application for full review until the feb. lsat scores get released?

Because most of the deadlines are march 1st and I believe the scores will be released like a couple days after that so I'm wondering if we can just send in our applications early to still beat that deadline and still have our feb. lsat considered

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gobosox

Bronze

Post by gobosox » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks for starting this thread up. I, too, have been perusing this blog for a year or two-- studying off and on since the beginning of the year but really buckling down now, despite a full time job, trying to get in shape, etc.

I'm not a retaker-- I'm going to take it once, get a 180, and be done with it.

In San Diego area for November and December, followed by a 6 week business trip to Boston from early January until the February exam, which I need to register for in Boston! I've been PTing in the low 170s with a little bit of prep, looking to push it into the 178-180 range, so if you're in the same numbers bracket and live in SD, (or Boston) let me know! I've been doing about 5 PTs a week, mostly just by section right now, but in the last month or so I'm looking to do full, 5 (or 6) section PTs.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Left all my Lsat prep at home, and I can't leave this place until midnight.

Just lost a night of studying. UGHHHH

PurpleMustang

New

Post by PurpleMustang » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:43 pm

I plan on writing in Feb 2013 for the first time :) Was supposed to write in October but chickened out.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:58 am

Day #3 (took a day off for Election)

- Also, had someone bring me some prep materials:

LG: -0 out of 3 games
LR1: 18/20 (go tripped up on some tough sections)
LR2: 21/21 (drilled strengthen/weaken questions).

Pretty tired from all this essay typing and I went -2 out of 3 on the last three questions of my prep section LR1, took a 20 min break and then drilled LR 2. I will also be starting RC next week!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gobosox

Bronze

Post by gobosox » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:28 am

Did 7 timed sections today, overall -18, with the last section -0. (4 sections were from PT5 with a -15 curve, so I still got a 170 if you add up the sections.) Most of my mistakes are really stupid stupid mistakes where I don't read the question thoroughly or overthink something. Strangely, I've noticed a correlation between my performance when I'm really distracted or crunched for time and when I get questions right... Not sure why. Anyone else get anything like that?

toshiroh

Bronze

Post by toshiroh » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:06 am

Starting my Prep on Saturday in Preparation for February. Three months away guys. We can do this!!!

griffin.811

Bronze

Post by griffin.811 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 am

Checking in. Lost a day yesterday volunteering after work. The storm in the northeast further delayed me getting in so I got nothing done.

The good news is today I'll probably sit at my desk with nothing to do for the next 7 or so hours so I should be able to make up the missed time.

Is everyone else in this thread re-taking? you are already PTing so high!

Keep it up!

griffin.811

Bronze

Post by griffin.811 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:15 pm

LG: -12 :shock: PT9 S3 G1-4
RC: -1 (only completed one passage, untimed)

Really need to focus on grouping! I think this entire games section was grouping, whether in/out matching or splitting.

Anyone know how to use LSATQA? I inserted my section results last night and I'm trying to view the "detailed results" ut when I click on it, I just get a screen in plain text with a bunch of answer choices a-e.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”