Beginning of LG Prep

Beginning of LG Prep

Postby ws81086n » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Sadly, I have more or less just begun my LG Prep for December. Avoided it up to this point because I am far from a natural, and I was enjoying mastering the other sections. But yesterday I was encouraged by the fact that I took two very recent LG sections and I got 15/22 and 16/23, respectively. I know this is not very good at all, but I have basically done no prep aside from spending about 2 hours with the linear games section of the LG Bible. I just used brute force methods, and was surprised I was able to get a decent # of Q's correct. My question is how much can I be reasonably expected to improve on LG, provided I put a ton of prep in between now and December? I am assuming I am in the -7-10 range right now, and I think I need to be in the -1-3 range, because I really, really need a 175 and would project myself to be at -2-4 range total for LR and RC by the time December rolls around. Is this realistic?

Re: Beginning of LG Prep

Postby M.M. » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:54 pm

The general consensus here is that it's very realistic. However there's rare people like me who have been doing them forever and are still terrible at them, far from a natural just like yourself. I certainly think it's possible, because otherwise I wouldn't be about to head to the library in 10 minutes to do LG for ages :mrgreen:

Good luck

Postby inevitable510 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Get Cambridge LSAT Logic Games by type. AND THEN DRILL!!! Print 3 copies of each game and don't be afraid to repeat the games with a few days gap. Best investment I've ever made! :D

Postby Theopliske8711 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:16 am

The new Manhattan Logic Games book is terrific. I've been using it over the past week. Very accessible and full of material. I highly recommend it.

LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Postby LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:32 pm

LG is by far the most improveable. When I studied, I even managed to get significantly better in a week by doing nothing but games.

As an instructor, I found that repeating games with different students really helped me improve, and to see the patterns underlying all games. One of the reasons I joined 7Sage is because they have this same philosophy. Our standard recommendation is to:

1. Repeat Games
2. Use our free Logic games explanations to check your technique

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”