LR HELP!

peppin321

LR HELP!

Postby peppin321 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi! I am struggling with LR badly, and I can't understand why. My LG and RC are at -2 to -0 but LR i get -10 on EACH section! thats crucial to my score. (I hope you all can understand my fustrations). I've read the Powerscore Bible and I can get my answers down to 2 choices but don't seem to answer them correctly. Then add the time in there and i'm really thrown off. Anyone have any advice? This is really bothering me. Dec 1 is coming soon!

LoveLife89

Re: LR HELP!

Postby LoveLife89 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Have you read the Manhattan LR Strategy book? Also, check to see which particular question types you are always getting wrong and get the Cambridge packet on that type.

mqt

Postby mqt » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:05 pm

peppin321 wrote:Hi! I am struggling with LR badly, and I can't understand why. My LG and RC are at -2 to -0 but LR i get -10 on EACH section! thats crucial to my score. (I hope you all can understand my fustrations). I've read the Powerscore Bible and I can get my answers down to 2 choices but don't seem to answer them correctly. Then add the time in there and i'm really thrown off. Anyone have any advice? This is really bothering me. Dec 1 is coming soon!

Is timing a big enough issue that you can't work on figuring out why a particular answer choice might be wrong for each difficult question, or at least most of them?

Further, are your wrong answers consistently at the end where time is a factor, or are you missing early questions?

mmbt123

Postby mmbt123 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:18 pm

you should track the types of LR your missing and target each type. i used the ps lr bible to cover strategies for specific types then drilled with testmasters.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:30 pm

Do this:

1. Every question you get wrong on a LR, cut it out and keep it
2. Make an excel file to track your PTs
2a. Track every single question you get wrong
2b. put the section, the type of problem, and WHY you got it wrong (i.e. "confused necessary with sufficient")

Do this for a few weeks and you'll see very obvious patterns. It also helps you to grow a healthy paranoia about your weaknesses, which helps from getting careless on test day.

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 pm

mrizza wrote:Do this:

2b. put the section, the type of problem, and WHY you got it wrong (i.e. "confused necessary with sufficient")

Do this for a few weeks and you'll see very obvious patterns. It also helps you to grow a healthy paranoia about your weaknesses, which helps from getting careless on test day.

ermahgerd lsat scrapbooking!!

good advice, though

peppin321

Postby peppin321 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 am

LoveLife89 wrote:Have you read the Manhattan LR Strategy book? Also, check to see which particular question types you are always getting wrong and get the Cambridge packet on that type.

Thank! I thought about buying that book the other day. I am going to get it today and hopefully it will help! Just finished another section and got -9. bummer.

peppin321

Postby peppin321 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:16 am

bitsy wrote:

good advice, though

GREAT! I will try this method.

drive4showLSAT4dough

Postby drive4showLSAT4dough » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:23 am

peppin321 wrote:
bitsy wrote:

good advice, though

GREAT! I will try this method.

mrizza is right. Only advice I would add before starting step 1 is to (A) order the Manhattan LR guide and (B) read the entire thing so that (C) you understand your PROCESS for attacking each question type. You need to understand your process for approaching each question type before you can start to address why you failed to apply that process (thereby selecting the wrong answer).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”