ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Maggie02
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby Maggie02 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Friend I knew got addicted to it and got bad grades. She totally change after starting take it. Hyper and nervous and weird all the time.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Maggie02 wrote:Friend I knew got addicted to it and got bad grades. She totally change after starting take it. Hyper and nervous and weird all the time.


Image

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby laxbrah420 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Please elaborate on this serotonin sending process brother

User avatar
rickgrimes69
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 am

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby rickgrimes69 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:07 pm

This thread is 90% broscience and 10% retarded speculation. If you haven't taken ADD drugs on a consistent basis, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and should see yourself out.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:43 pm

rickgrimes69 wrote:This thread is 90% broscience and 10% retarded speculation. If you haven't taken ADD drugs on a consistent basis, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and should see yourself out.

I don't know who the fuck you are, and while I like where you head's at, I think you're wrong. Some dude saying that adderall "sends serotonin" to your brain, isn't broscience or speculation. It's just retarded. Telling people they need to be careful when taking it for a boost because it's addictive and can "melt you brain", is also just retarded.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby dproduct » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:48 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:Please elaborate on this serotonin sending process brother



It's a central nervous system stimulant that releases serotonin, dopamine, and adrenaline into the synapses.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:51 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:Telling people they need to be careful when taking it for a boost because it's addictive and can "melt you brain", is also just retarded.

It is addictive, and if you had a few additional IQ points, you'd understand hyperbolic metaphor when you saw it. Since this seems to confuse you, no, Adderall doesn't cause your brain to melt, but it can still do damage. The CDC has done studies on this. Here's an article that cites a lot of peer review studies:

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~uscience/adderall_abuse.html

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby dproduct » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:17 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
rickgrimes69 wrote:This thread is 90% broscience and 10% retarded speculation. If you haven't taken ADD drugs on a consistent basis, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and should see yourself out.

I don't know who the fuck you are, and while I like where you head's at, I think you're wrong. Some dude saying that adderall "sends serotonin" to your brain, isn't broscience or speculation. It's just retarded. Telling people they need to be careful when taking it for a boost because it's addictive and can "melt you brain", is also just retarded.


Try a simple google search before you call out people for being retarded.

User avatar
Birdnals
Posts: 4576
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby Birdnals » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:13 am

dproduct wrote:Try a simple google search before you call out people for being retarded.


Yeah, fucking google it man!

This thread reminds me of what the weird kids in HS would say when they talk about pot without ever having tried it. "It melts your brain! I know, I totally tried it."
"It's addictive guys! It ruins lives!" "It's steroids for competitive eaters!"

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby laxbrah420 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:34 am

dproduct wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:Please elaborate on this serotonin sending process brother



It's a central nervous system stimulant that releases serotonin, dopamine, and adrenaline into the synapses.

Yea maybe if you combine your adderall with MDMA
eta: Please enlighten me to this google trick you used to learn that dat inhibition increases serotonin levels at "the synapses".

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby HeavenWood » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Birdnals wrote:
dproduct wrote:Try a simple google search before you call out people for being retarded.


Yeah, fucking google it man!

This thread reminds me of what the weird kids in HS would say when they talk about pot without ever having tried it. "It melts your brain! I know, I totally tried it."
"It's addictive guys! It ruins lives!" "It's steroids for competitive eaters!"

For the umpteenth time, I used it as directed and it gave me terrible side effects (and I'm far, far, far from the only one).

User avatar
rickgrimes69
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 am

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby rickgrimes69 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:09 pm

dproduct wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:Please elaborate on this serotonin sending process brother



It's a central nervous system stimulant that releases serotonin, dopamine, and adrenaline into the synapses.


Know what else releases serotonin, dopamine and adrenaline into the synapses? Pretty much fucking everything.

I wrote:This thread is 90% broscience and 10% retarded speculation.

User avatar
RCinDNA
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby RCinDNA » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:56 am

I guess the U.S. Anti Doping Agency will get involved now. We must police the sanctity of spelling bees, chess tournaments and mathletic competitions.

trinity22
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby trinity22 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:17 pm

I've taken Adderall for over 2 years, as prescribed.

I have an atypical reaction to stimulants, which is typical for someone with ADHD.

Within around 15 minutes of taking it, I get the initial surge, for lack of a better term. If at any point in the dosage I could be said to be like I was on crack, that would probably be then.

Though for me, that is really a reach. It's more like my mind is a puppy, bounding around, trying to find something to latch on to. Then that surge passes, rather quickly, and I am calm.

I can then get through study time and work time without trailing off, leaving things half finished and in a mess.

I think that whoever said it wasn't addictive is laughably wrong. Whether you are taking it because you legitimately need it, or because you want to pull an all nighter, it's prescription speed, anyway you look at it.

My doc (general practitioner) monitors my useage like a hawk. I never go over my daily dose, and lots of days take half doses or none at all, depending on what I have to do.

User avatar
CalAlumni
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 am

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby CalAlumni » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:31 pm

trinity22 wrote:I've taken Adderall for over 2 years, as prescribed.

I have an atypical reaction to stimulants, which is typical for someone with ADHD.

Within around 15 minutes of taking it, I get the initial surge, for lack of a better term. If at any point in the dosage I could be said to be like I was on crack, that would probably be then.

Though for me, that is really a reach. It's more like my mind is a puppy, bounding around, trying to find something to latch on to. Then that surge passes, rather quickly, and I am calm.

I can then get through study time and work time without trailing off, leaving things half finished and in a mess.

I think that whoever said it wasn't addictive is laughably wrong. Whether you are taking it because you legitimately need it, or because you want to pull an all nighter, it's prescription speed, anyway you look at it.

My doc (general practitioner) monitors my useage like a hawk. I never go over my daily dose, and lots of days take half doses or none at all, depending on what I have to do.


So nostalgic for those good ole' days. What many people don't know is that after 4+ years of stimulant use, you build up a major tolerance and you lose much of the motivational/good-feeling effects and the bad side-effects become more pronounced. This is why many people who use sporadically or have been on Adderall for less than 4-years are so convivial when they talk about the drug and have such a distorted picture of how Adderall affects individuals who are under long-term treatment.

Addiction is a real problem for a lot of people insofar as they become dependent on the rush of stimulation to get work done.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby laxbrah420 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:50 pm

This thread is about using adderall as a study aid.
All your comments about long term use are dumb.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: ADHD Drugs now called "Academic Steroids"

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:30 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:This thread is about using adderall as a study aid.
All your comments about long term use are dumb.

School is a long-term endeavor. Someone who uses the drug semi-frequently over the course of a three-year period can be susceptible to the long-term effects.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests