I need Help! Should I retake or not!

michaelm55

I need Help! Should I retake or not!

Postby michaelm55 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:58 am

Ok guys. So I am applying for the fall of 2013, and these are my stats: 3.93, 164. I scored a 164 back in February and never looked back. Many of my fellow TLS brothers and sister have recommended (because of my high GPA) that I retake at least once more since even three points more could mean tens of thousands of dollars of scholarship money (and that it would seem pretty silly not to try).

But here is the trick: I have already applied to 11 schools with my 164 listed. What happens if they accept, deny, or waitlist me and then I score higher or lower than a 164? Are scholarship and acceptance status maleable, contingent upon a new and better or worse LSAT score?

Also, I haven't seen a single LSAT question for like seven months. I am going to do a diognostic test this week to estimate where I am. I would have about one month of practice before the December LSAT. What would I have to score on this week's diagnostic to know that I could score better than 164 within a month's time? Please Help!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Ruxin1

Re: I need Help! Should I retake or not!

Postby Ruxin1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:07 am

michaelm55 wrote:Ok guys. So I am applying for the fall of 2013, and these are my stats: 3.93, 164. I scored a 164 back in February and never looked back. Many of my fellow TLS brothers and sister have recommended (because of my high GPA) that I retake at least once more since even three points more could mean tens of thousands of dollars of scholarship money (and that it would seem pretty silly not to try).

But here is the trick: I have already applied to 11 schools with my 164 listed. What happens if they accept, deny, or waitlist me and then I score higher or lower than a 164? Are scholarship and acceptance status maleable, contingent upon a new and better or worse LSAT score?

Also, I haven't seen a single LSAT question for like seven months. I am going to do a diognostic test this week to estimate where I am. I would have about one month of practice before the December LSAT. What would I have to score on this week's diagnostic to know that I could score better than 164 within a month's time? Please Help!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Definitely retake, Brother. Get some serious t14 CASH

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 am

Retake.

d0rklord

Postby d0rklord » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 am

I was under the impression that when you retake, you can notify schools that you have another score coming, no?

Theopliske8711

Postby Theopliske8711 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:00 pm

If your asking, then probably what your looking for is confirmation of what you already feel and know: retake.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Quick question: URM?

Still, retake if you think you can score higher.

alex.feuerman

Postby alex.feuerman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:51 am

How long did you prep for before taking it? If you prepped very hard for like a year you might be surprised when you sit down and take a practice exam. I stopped studying for almost two months (had a life crisis) then went back and got the exact same great score as 3 months ago.

So if you think LSAT knowledge is part of you, like driving a car, or riding a bycycle, just sit down and take and exam....you might even score a 164! and you can only go up from there...

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:58 am

michaelm55 wrote:Ok guys. So I am applying for the fall of 2013, and these are my stats: 3.93, 164. I scored a 164 back in February and never looked back. Many of my fellow TLS brothers and sister have recommended (because of my high GPA) that I retake at least once more since even three points more could mean tens of thousands of dollars of scholarship money (and that it would seem pretty silly not to try).

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

If you aren't confident you'll be making a decent improvement simply don't tell schools that you're retaking. If you score higher, then notify them afterwards of your higher score. I took the LSAT 3 times total. The last time I took it was in June, after already applying earlier in December. I improved 8 points and it resulted in me getting off the waitlist at two schools, with substantial scholarship offers at both. (Which were right around what I would have gotten if I had just applied with the higher score originally.)

It doesn't matter what this week's diagnostic is. Study hard for around 1-2 weeks and see where you are at then.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”