Important Suff/Nec questions !! HELP! :) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
nosleeptillsuccess

New

Important Suff/Nec questions !! HELP! :)

Post by nosleeptillsuccess » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Okay I know the basics of Suff/Nec conditions.. my questions here are...

1.)What's the rules for counter example?? I think it's suff without nec..

2.)On assumptions questions we are looking for necessary condition that links the premise to conclusion... right? and on justify conclusions we are searching for suff...right?

(I'm aware of negation technique on necessary assumption questions)

3. Any other "somewhat" challenging rules of suff/nec that are easy to forget that may apply to certain questions...

ws81086n

Bronze

Re: Important Suff/Nec questions !! HELP! :)

Post by ws81086n » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Not sure what you mean by #1 or #3, but for #2, assumption questions sometimes ask for necessary assumptions, other times for sufficient assumptions. The question stem will make this clear. When the stem says something about the assumption being "required", or anything else than denotes necessity, you're looking for a necessary assumption. When it doesn't, and says the assumption will make the conclusion follow logically, you're looking for a sufficient assumption. A sufficient assumption can be the answer to a justify question, but the great majority of the time the stem will say "most justify", from which it follows that you're not necessarily/not likely to have a sufficient assumption as the answer.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”