Analytical for a dummy...

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Coach

New

Analytical for a dummy...

Postby Coach » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:01 pm

I know this is going to be basic stuff, hopefully sooo basic that I can get a fullproof explanation to help me out. There are questions that are taking me too long because I cant pick an answer fast enough. Better yet, when I diagram out various possibilities, the correct answer is always there. However, there is usually one or even two answers that, in my mind, fit just as well. Example

http://www.west.net/~stewart/lsat/practice-questions-analytical-reasoning-4.htm

A and C are out for the obvious reason but I cant eliminate the other options. On my diagrams it appears any of the remaining schedules work. TIA

BTW, Im currently referencing #4 only

NoodleyOne

Gold

Re: Analytical for a dummy...

Postby NoodleyOne » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:13 pm

That a real LSAT question?

bitsy

Bronze

Postby bitsy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:16 pm

This is a pretty weird question, you might stick to more legit sources for AR practice.

The question is asking which answer choice must be true in all cases.
D is out because you could have PWPW_P which doesn't have polishing on thurs or fri.
E is out because you could have PWPWP_ which doesn't have polishing on thurs or sat.

Coach

New

Postby Coach » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:15 pm

bitsy wrote:This is a pretty weird question, you might stick to more legit sources for AR practice.

The question is asking which answer choice must be true in all cases.
D is out because you could have PWPW_P which doesn't have polishing on thurs or fri.
E is out because you could have PWPWP_ which doesn't have polishing on thurs or sat.

Im relatively new to this. What makes this question "weird" and what are reliable sources of AR?

bitsy

Bronze

Postby bitsy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:00 pm

it's cool, i went for the free online stuff at first. however, these practice sets are usually not from lsac-approved sources. this question is worded a bit loosely; doesn't look like anything you'd see on the actual test. study with preptests and books with real lsat questions-- there are a bunch of suggestions on the site. personally, i used the logic games bible and logic games bible workout.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�