Looking for advice on possible cancellation

tronnnnnnn
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Looking for advice on possible cancellation

Postby tronnnnnnn » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:16 pm

.
Last edited by tronnnnnnn on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mommalee
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Looking for advice on possible cancellation

Postby mommalee » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:59 pm

tronnnnnnn wrote:Looking for advice on whether or not to cancel my October LSAT score.

Got a 169 last December. Ended up deciding to take a year off and reapply this cycle. I didn’t feel I was fully prepared for last years test.

Coming into October of this year, I was PT’ing 171-176 most of the time. There was a 169-170 or two, and multiple scores 177-180, but in general, the scores were in that range.

Test felt usual. Then, following my 5th section, LG, when theyre coming to grab bubble sheets, I realize that in my rush to finish games (game 1 question 1 got me, so I moved on and came back with a new setup), I misbubbled the final 4 questions of the section. I did not fill in bubble 19, and placed 19-23 in 20-24.

So, I realize that my score is now most likely 167-172. Will a slightly lower score hurt my 169? Should I just cancel? I still have December, and may take it again either way, as I am simply not satisfied with 169, and know I can do better.

I feel I did not get the offers I should’ve last year because I didn’t apply till late. Like very late. So, getting apps in early is of utmost importance to me this time around.

I recognize I only have till about five today to make my decision. Any relevant information or comments will be greatly appreciated.


Why wouldn't you just request that your exam in hand scored?

1TLStudent
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Looking for advice on possible cancellation

Postby 1TLStudent » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:09 pm

tronnnnnnn wrote:Looking for advice on whether or not to cancel my October LSAT score.

Got a 169 last December. Ended up deciding to take a year off and reapply this cycle. I didn’t feel I was fully prepared for last years test.

Coming into October of this year, I was PT’ing 171-176 most of the time. There was a 169-170 or two, and multiple scores 177-180, but in general, the scores were in that range.

Test felt usual. Then, following my 5th section, LG, when theyre coming to grab bubble sheets, I realize that in my rush to finish games (game 1 question 1 got me, so I moved on and came back with a new setup), I misbubbled the final 4 questions of the section. I did not fill in bubble 19, and placed 19-23 in 20-24.

So, I realize that my score is now most likely 167-172. Will a slightly lower score hurt my 169? Should I just cancel? I still have December, and may take it again either way, as I am simply not satisfied with 169, and know I can do better.

I feel I did not get the offers I should’ve last year because I didn’t apply till late. Like very late. So, getting apps in early is of utmost importance to me this time around.

I recognize I only have till about five today to make my decision. Any relevant information or comments will be greatly appreciated.


I'm in almost the exact same situation as you. I got a 166 in feb, retook oct and was thinking about cancelling because I felt I wasn't fully concentrated during the exam bc I was thinking about other sections at the beginning of the next ones. Also zones screwed me bc I took too long on game one due to a diagram mess up. Had to guess on 2 questions in LG and semi-rush through all the rest. I am worried about getting lower than a 166 and it hurting me. But personally, I don't think that it will hurt that much, if at all, simply because with the lack of high lsat applicants they won't be as likely to ding you for your lower score. They want to keep their medians (and to a lesser degree their 75%iles) up. And if you even get the avg of your PTs (173) minus 4 questions will probably put you at 169-170. IF you think you did as good as your avg PT i'd roll the dice. that one extra point is a huge barrier (169-170) and it may be enough to push you over the top for certain borderline schools. If its the same or even a pt less, it wont be a huge ding if at all. If you think you may have done worse than your avg PT then I'd consider it, but I'm a gambler and I like the excitement. I'd wait it out. the question really is; are you feelin lucky? haha GL with your decision HTH

1TLStudent
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Looking for advice on possible cancellation

Postby 1TLStudent » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:11 pm

mommalee wrote:
tronnnnnnn wrote:Looking for advice on whether or not to cancel my October LSAT score.

Got a 169 last December. Ended up deciding to take a year off and reapply this cycle. I didn’t feel I was fully prepared for last years test.

Coming into October of this year, I was PT’ing 171-176 most of the time. There was a 169-170 or two, and multiple scores 177-180, but in general, the scores were in that range.

Test felt usual. Then, following my 5th section, LG, when theyre coming to grab bubble sheets, I realize that in my rush to finish games (game 1 question 1 got me, so I moved on and came back with a new setup), I misbubbled the final 4 questions of the section. I did not fill in bubble 19, and placed 19-23 in 20-24.

So, I realize that my score is now most likely 167-172. Will a slightly lower score hurt my 169? Should I just cancel? I still have December, and may take it again either way, as I am simply not satisfied with 169, and know I can do better.

I feel I did not get the offers I should’ve last year because I didn’t apply till late. Like very late. So, getting apps in early is of utmost importance to me this time around.

I recognize I only have till about five today to make my decision. Any relevant information or comments will be greatly appreciated.


Why wouldn't you just request that your exam in hand scored?


I don't think they would give him the benefit of moving his questions one bubble up. The benefit of handscoring (IMO at least) is too get credit for answers that you bubbled right but not clear enough for a machine to pick them up.

tronnnnnnn
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Looking for advice on possible cancellation

Postby tronnnnnnn » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:24 pm

.
Last edited by tronnnnnnn on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1TLStudent
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Looking for advice on possible cancellation

Postby 1TLStudent » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:16 pm

.
Last edited by 1TLStudent on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Malakai
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Re: Looking for advice on possible cancellation

Postby Malakai » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:02 am

Cancel if you firmly believe you misbubbled over 10.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], GioChanturia, StopLawying, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests