October 2012 - Sabbath LSAT Discussion

PetriRo

October 2012 - Sabbath LSAT Discussion

Postby PetriRo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Thoughts? I thought that the RC was unusual, and the LG was childish compared to past tests.

(also first post yay)

WanderingPondering

Re: October 2012 - Sabbath LSAT Discussion

Postby WanderingPondering » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Are you freaking serious? You guys got an easy LG??!?!

And are you on the same curve as the regular October test?

chemdem

Postby chemdem » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:19 pm

rc was pretty easy, you knowwhat games section was experimental? one was quite easy the other totally froze me up........

PetriRo

Postby PetriRo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Thanks!
Ah I misrepresented myself. I had two logic games but I didn't find either of them hard at all. The RC though destroyed me

chemdem

Postby chemdem » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Help! Anyone figure out which games section counted?!

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:30 pm

chemdem wrote:Help! Anyone figure out which games section counted?!

I opened a thread withougt seeing this one! my bad.

This Ian EXECTLY what I am trying to figure out. I aced the first LG (which was section2 for me) and bombed the sencond one (which was section4). I called LSAC butr they would not say. I pray to g-d that the first one is counted. but is this really a realistic hope?

I think the RC was the easierst I'v seen yet, even the sceince one. The funny thing is that I took a whole course just a few months ago on the exact topic of the comparative passage so I saw it and just laghed.

How many people did you guys test with? this was my second time and yet again I was by myself, which was incredible.

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:32 pm

this was my original post which I deleted because of this thread:

first LG was extremely easy for me, 2nd LG (X?) had 1 game I completely bombed in. LRs were no harder than usual and the RC was the easiest I saw yet, IMHO

I felt so incredible until I realized that what was a LG section I aced what probably the X one... and after bombing the second LG I left the testing center feeling horrible.

So here's my Q for Sabbath observers and other test takers: Is there ANY chance that the first logic game I had was actually the real one and the second one (which was section 4) was the X? I called LSAC but they are not willing to say yes or no, but that it's a possibility. I heard that historically this did happen (once?) with the saturday administrated test and I am wondering if there is any hope that the first LG section would actually be graded.

chemdem

Postby chemdem » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Did everyone get the same 2 games as well? It's not fair that the Lsac made it so hard to tell which one was the experimental section!

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:42 pm

chemdem wrote:Did everyone get the same 2 games as well? It's not fair that the Lsac made it so hard to tell which one was the experimental section!

I am trying to figure that out, is is conclusive that it's ALWAYS the case that one of the first 3 is the X? which will mean that the first LG was the X and the second one was the one that is scored, or it may very well be that it'll go the other way around? (which I hope and pray for)

chemdem

Postby chemdem » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:45 pm

No, it said online they recently changed that...in October 11

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:53 pm

chemdem wrote:No, it said online they recently changed that...in October 11

I am still unsure if to believe that there is some possibility that the first and not second LG section was real... is having a shred of hope justified?

chemdem

Postby chemdem » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Darn! Can anyone do some networking to figure out which games section counted ? I don't know anyone who took it today, they're all either smart enough not to consider law school these days;-) or taking it in December....

lsatownsme

Postby lsatownsme » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:03 pm

If you look at the Asia test takers' thread, there's a person who claims that LSAC told him/her that all scales will be identical for the October test, regardless of time and location of the test.

If that's true, having one hard LG section sounds awfully similar to the domestic non-sabbath takers.

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:07 pm

lsatownsme wrote:If you look at the Asia test takers' thread, there's a person who claims that LSAC told him/her that all scales will be identical for the October test, regardless of time and location of the test.

If that's true, having one hard LG section sounds awfully similar to the domestic non-sabbath takers.

that person was me :)
They didn't say that exactly, when I asked about what you're talking about they said that the overall difficulty will be the same, and the lady said specifically that in some cases one section on the domestic exam will be hard, and the same section on the sabbath/intl exam will be easier, so I dont think we can see anything from their response in this case.

rehsalt

Postby rehsalt » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:23 pm

It seems that everyone is wondering about this.

At my location, we all had two LGs. The first one I had included a question about floors being inspected. The consensus was that it was not the real one. The second one had a question about paintings, and that was the one everyone had (lucky for me).

In case anyone needs info about RC, I remember sections about virtual currency, Sam Gilliam/Washington Color School, and mirror reflection. Maybe someone else remembers the fourth passage.

Also, regarding the claim that we have the same curve as the regular test takers, it seems hard to accept. From the waiting thread I gathered that there were 100 questions on their test. Our test had 101.

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:32 pm

rehsalt wrote:It seems that everyone is wondering about this.

At my location, we all had two LGs. The first one I had included a question about floors being inspected. The consensus was that it was not the real one. The second one had a question about paintings, and that was the one everyone had (lucky for me).

In case anyone needs info about RC, I remember sections about virtual currency, Sam Gilliam/Washington Color School, and mirror reflection. Maybe someone else remembers the fourth passage.

Also, regarding the claim that we have the same curve as the regular test takers, it seems hard to accept. From the waiting thread I gathered that there were 100 questions on their test. Our test had 101.

I had the exact same test form, but I am trying to understand why you say that there is a consensus that it was the real one, LSAC said that this is not 100% the case, so I don't know if to believe to this or no. they changed things up in the oct11 test (read http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/153 ... al-Section) so it may very well be the case with today's exam as well. The level of difficulty between the two (at least for me) was striking, plus it really through me off my game because I was SURE the first LR was X and expected to see to LRs in the second half. I left the testing center feeling awful

rehsalt

Postby rehsalt » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Lear22 wrote:

I had the exact same test form, but I am trying to understand why you say that there is a consensus that it was the real one, LSAC said that this is not 100% the case, so I don't know if to believe to this or no. they changed things up in the oct11 test (read http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/153 ... al-Section) so it may very well be the case with today's exam as well. The level of difficulty between the two (at least for me) was striking, plus it really through me off my game because I was SURE the first LR was X and expected to see to LRs in the second half. I left the testing center feeling awful

I was referring to a consensus between the takers at my location when we talked about it after the test. Not everyone saw the floors question, but they all had the one with the paintings. Which one did you find more difficult?

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:45 pm

rehsalt wrote:
Lear22 wrote:

I was referring to a consensus between the takers at my location when we talked about it after the test. Not everyone saw the floors question, but they all had the one with the paintings. Which one did you find more difficult?

sent you a PM

a-quad

Postby a-quad » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Is it an absolute certainty that the paintings LG, and not the floors section, is the graded one? That LG section was insane!

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:53 pm

a-quad wrote:Is it an absolute certainty that the paintings LG, and not the floors section, is the graded one? That LG section was insane!

That's the problem we are having here, we don't know if the scored section is the one on the first part of the exam or the one that was after the break...

chemdem

Postby chemdem » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Did anyone get a third section? Did We all got the same 2? That would be really unfair, people always can figure out after the test which section was the exprimental, and act accordingly...

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:27 pm

chemdem wrote:Did anyone get a third section? Did We all got the same 2? That would be really unfair, people always can figure out after the test which section was the exprimental, and act accordingly...

Yup. I agree. We will never know who which one was real.. I can't stop thinking about that. The first LG and the RC were fenomenal for me s it makes me more sad now knowing...

epgenius

Postby epgenius » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:52 am

The LG with the subzones problem is graded... A shame since the other was way easier :(

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:33 am

epgenius wrote:The LG with the subzones problem is graded... A shame since the other was way easier :(

We had a completely different test form

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:04 am

Did anyone get any concrete info about the games in the sabbath exam? Did we all have the same ordering? I think not only we had the same ordering (that is, one in the first half one in the second) we also had the same two sections, which will make it really hard to tell.
Anyone with some new info? I nonetheless got a confirmation that there is chance that the first section was the real one, but knowing more would be helpful.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”