multiple LSATs? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
pjy6355

New

multiple LSATs?

Post by pjy6355 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:58 am

Hi, everyone. Thank you for good advice and info always.
I have some questions about multiple LSATs and whether I should cancel my Oct. score.

I first took LSAT in June and got 168.
As I am aiming for t-14 (w/ scholarship if possible), I prepared for the Oct test and I felt more prepared and more confident about the test.
But... I was reading the stimulus and everything, but I could not really concentrate and my head went blank for some moments. (I didn't get enough sleep the night before as I was nervous about getting a lower score than 168.)
Usually, I feel good about LG and LR, but RC is my weak point.
On Oct. test, I did not feel quite confident about LR sections, guessed a lot more on LG and RC than I usually do. I felt really bad after the test that I could not come to my mind for 10 minutes during the writing section. :(
Somehow I feel I did worse on this one, but the thought that I could have made lucky guesses so I might get a higher score prevented me from canceling the score right away.
Am I being too optimistic here? :(
Also, I took the test in Asia, and it would be nice if others who took the test in Asia could tell me whether this one was particularly difficult.

Another reason I am reluctant about canceling the score is I am not sure about how the schools are going to see the cancellation. Would it look bad when the schools see my report?

Sorry to throw in a bunch of questions, but this one is the last one and the main reason why I am writing this post.
I cannot apply for the next cycle and this cycle has to be it due to personal circumstances.
So to boost up my chances at t-14, I assume that I need to retake Dec. test. But given that we can only take up to 3 tests in 2 years, would it look bad when the schools look at my report that I already spent my 3 chances in just a year?

It would be very nice if anyone could give me an answer or his or her opinion.
Thank you always.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Re: multiple LSATs?

Post by RCinDNA » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 am

I don't think schools care about that. They just want to see an upward trend in scores and high scores in general. I think it would be perfectly understandable if a candidate who was going to apply for the Fall '13 class took the test in June, October and December the year before. So I wouldn't worry about it.

pjy6355

New

Post by pjy6355 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Thank you for the reply.
I guess I have to cancel the Oct and retake in Dec.
Just can't imagine that I have to go through this again...

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:42 am

y cancel, majority of schools take the highest

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”