Could this be seen as a misconduct violation?

Could this be seen as a misconduct violation?

Postby emzizzle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi everyone, new to the TLS forums. I've read the topics here for the last two years but never felt the urge to join until now.

I took the Oct. 6 LSAT and was pretty happy about it... but now I'm worried about an incident that could be misconstrued as a misconduct violation.

To give a little background: my test was given in a lecture hall with stadium-style seating and those stupid half-desks that fold to the side of the seat. Near the end of one of the sections (probably section 5), the girl in the row behind me dropped her answer sheet, and it fell behind my chair. I heard it fall and glanced to the side and saw the sheet. I felt bad for her, so I grabbed it and handed it back to her without looking at the sheet. The whole thing happened in less than 30 seconds. I immediately turned around and saw that the proctors were whispering to each other, but it wasn't completely clear if they saw the interaction or not.

I thought about going up to them afterwards to explain it, but also didn't want to bring too much attention to it, either. No one said anything to me, and then I completely forgot about the incident at the end of the test, and just left.

If it had been a misconduct violation, they would've given me a notice at the test, right? Or is there a chance that I might still get an ominous LSAC letter in the mail later? I tried looking it up on the LSAC site but couldn't find anything. Should I be at all concerned that this might be misconstrued? Just want to make sure this doesn't impact my application at all...

Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: Could this be seen as a misconduct violation?

Postby TomThompson » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Scary. Do the proctors not warn you if there is a violation or do they just report it?

Re: Could this be seen as a misconduct violation?

Postby nick_scheu » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:33 pm

I seem to remember someone posting a scan of a form he received for taking a sip of water during a section. I believe the proctors do (or at least can) give you a copy of any violation they report. It seemed like a carbon copy thing.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”