simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Last edited by simplycatalina on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

MASSattack1

Re: Need Advice

Postby MASSattack1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:56 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:I can't stop thinking about my score on the LSAT. I found the Reading Comp to be difficult and I'm usually good at reading comp (miss 1-4 max). Also, I always have enough time on reading comp. Because of how lengthy the passages seemed to me, I had to guess on the last two questions. I had experimental RC as well, and I thought that was a lot easier. I was so depressed when I found out which section was real. Also, the zones game killed me. I think I figured out 2, maybe 3 questions, but guessed on the rest. I felt ok on the rest of the games, but I can't guarantee that I didn't miss anymore. And I didn't find LR to be too bad. I had enough time to go back and check my answers. But now I keep thinking about the LR questions and wondering if I screwed something up...Anyways, I was happy with my PT scores, but now I'm terrified that I'm going to be horribly disappointed with my October score. Should I cancel it?

Exactly how I feel...

nick_scheu

Postby nick_scheu » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:36 pm

I think the general consensus on this sort of question is, so long as there's a chance you did alright, and you don't have a HYS-only mentality, don't cancel.

On the other hand, if you really want Harvard, maybe cancel. If you couldn't finish two RC sections and a logic game because you lost a contact lens mid-test, cancel.

collegebum1989

Postby collegebum1989 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:03 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:I can't stop thinking about my score on the LSAT. I found the Reading Comp to be difficult and I'm usually good at reading comp (miss 1-4 max). Also, I always have enough time on reading comp. Because of how lengthy the passages seemed to me, I had to guess on the last two questions. I had experimental RC as well, and I thought that was a lot easier. I was so depressed when I found out which section was real. Also, the zones game killed me. I think I figured out 2, maybe 3 questions, but guessed on the rest. I felt ok on the rest of the games, but I can't guarantee that I didn't miss anymore. And I didn't find LR to be too bad. I had enough time to go back and check my answers. But now I keep thinking about the LR questions and wondering if I screwed something up...Anyways, I was happy with my PT scores, but now I'm terrified that I'm going to be horribly disappointed with my October score. Should I cancel it?

Almost word-for-word my experience...guessed on last two RC, had an experimental RC that scared the shit outta me, messed up on zones, and worried I messed up LR because I wasn't in the state of mind.

Hang in there, after 30+ PTs, I've come to realize that answering LSAT questions become second nature (meaning even when I'm distracted, I can answer questions and get them right). Chances are, your memory of your LR Performance is skewed by the experiences you've mentioned above.

MASSattack1

Postby MASSattack1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:13 pm

collegebum1989 wrote:

Almost word-for-word my experience...guessed on last two RC, had an experimental RC that scared the shit outta me, messed up on zones, and worried I messed up LR because I wasn't in the state of mind.

Hang in there, after 30+ PTs, I've come to realize that answering LSAT questions become second nature (meaning even when I'm distracted, I can answer questions and get them right). Chances are, your memory of your LR Performance is skewed by the experiences you've mentioned above.

I like the positive outlook :lol:

lsatownsme

Postby lsatownsme » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:33 pm

Wow, weird to see how my feelings about the test are echoed by so many of you.

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Maybe it's good that so many of us feel the same way? Perhaps that shows that the test was legitimately difficult in those areas, as opposed to the fact that we just screwed up those sections? Haha. Just trying to be optimistic...

collegebum1989

Postby collegebum1989 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Yeah, I agree with you, although TLS is probably less than twenty percent of the entire law school applicant population. However, I would say that TLS also mainly consists of the highest LSAT scorers, so if there are that many complaints on here, the exam was probably worse for non-TLSers who took this exam. But that may just be wishful thinking.

It doesn't make sense to me why LSAC made this LSAT administration more difficult than the last couple of prep tests. The curve may be be affected by the fact that there were less people registered for this October test than in the last couple of years. Less people taking the exam means more unpredictable statistics that may either loosen the curve for certain scoring ranges (160-165) but tighten for others (170+), or vice versa. Either way, more difficult exam doesn't necessarily mean easier curve for all score ranges.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”