Zoning LG

DaRascal

Zoning LG

Postby DaRascal » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:24 pm

For everyone who had to guess on three or more of those questions, how pumped would you be if you guessed everything correctly? :mrgreen:

luxlisbon

Re: Zoning LG

Postby luxlisbon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:24 pm

I would be amazed, as I am historically not a lucky person xD

goden

Postby goden » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:25 pm

That'd be crazy because it'd mean that there were five D's in a row.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:31 pm

that would be amazing if I got half of them right.

I think i had 2 or 3 blind guesses, 1 answer i was sure of, and the rest were semi-educated guesses. I think best case scenario, I'll get 3 correct. Worst case, 1 correct.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:39 pm

99.9luft wrote:I think i had 2 or 3 blind guesses, 1 answer i was sure of, and the rest were semi-educated guesses. I think best case scenario, I'll get 3 correct. Worst case, 1 correct.

Lol. Same here. I answered I believe 4 with certainty and the other 3 I really had no clue. They weren't blind because I read the questions and answer choices but I just didn't understand the rules to make the proper inference(s) to answer those questions (which I feel was the case the with a lot of people).

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:40 pm

I finished the section roughly 12 minutes early and went back over every game to confirm I got everything right.

I did.

/asshole

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:43 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:I finished the section roughly 12 minutes early and went back over every game to confirm I got everything right.

I did.

/asshole

Why can't I be you? :cry:

seancris

Postby seancris » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:35 pm

DaRascal wrote:Lol. Same here. I answered I believe 4 with certainty and the other 3 I really had no clue.

Pretty sure there were only 6 questions in zones.

I made educated guesses on them all. 2 were probably correct. The others seemed like they could be correct based on my limited understanding of the rule set.

Might've gone only -3 on that game, which should've been only -3 on the whole section as I breezed through the rest of it. Had 15 mins left when I got to zones. Fucking zones.

Nat Sherman

Postby Nat Sherman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:53 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:I finished the section roughly 12 minutes early and went back over every game to confirm I got everything right.

I did.

/asshole

I forgot to reset my watch for it. Thought I spent way to long on the first game and started pacing myself wrong and really raced through it. They still hadn't called five minutes when I finished, so I had a huge wtf feeling. Was able to go through the entire section and double check every answer before time was called.

mumbaisalsa

Postby mumbaisalsa » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:57 pm

Nat Sherman wrote:

I did.

/asshole

I forgot to reset my watch for it. Thought I spent way to long on the first game and started pacing myself wrong and really raced through it. They still hadn't called five minutes when I finished, so I had a huge wtf feeling. Was able to go through the entire section and double check every answer before time was called.

I think it was one of the hardest questions I have seen. I think I got the first 4 right and narrowed it down to 2 choices in the last 2. so probablility is 50%.

Taus11

Postby Taus11 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:00 pm

I did.

/asshole

lol this dude is hilarious

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:05 pm

seancris wrote:
DaRascal wrote:Lol. Same here. I answered I believe 4 with certainty and the other 3 I really had no clue.

Pretty sure there were only 6 questions in zones.

I made educated guesses on them all. 2 were probably correct. The others seemed like they could be correct based on my limited understanding of the rule set.

Might've gone only -3 on that game, which should've been only -3 on the whole section as I breezed through the rest of it. Had 15 mins left when I got to zones. Fucking zones.

Oh yeah that's right. OK in that case I answered 3 with certainty and guessed on the last 3 I believe.
I'm praying to God I went -2 there and only went maybe -5 or -6 on the whole section. Oh baby I would be so HAPPY with that.

CalAlumni

Postby CalAlumni » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:58 pm

I've NEVER had to guess on a PT before...this was the first time. I'm hoping luck was on my side...God, I really hope so. Never a good sign when it comes down to luck though.

Good luck bro's and bro-ettes. Let's pray the LSAT gods are merciful.

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Glad I was not there for this one. Taking it in December, though. Question: does the presence of a very hard games section on a previous test lessen the probability of it happening on the next test, or a test soon thereafter? Seems like it may be silly to think so, but it would be nice :).

relevantfactor

Postby relevantfactor » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:36 pm

ws81086n wrote:Glad I was not there for this one. Taking it in December, though. Question: does the presence of a very hard games section on a previous test lessen the probability of it happening on the next test, or a test soon thereafter? Seems like it may be silly to think so, but it would be nice :).

Yes, super high probability, now go study.

And I'm cancelling because of that damn game. And I'm sure I killed the other sections.

Swimp

Postby Swimp » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:42 pm

relevantfactor wrote:
ws81086n wrote:Glad I was not there for this one. Taking it in December, though. Question: does the presence of a very hard games section on a previous test lessen the probability of it happening on the next test, or a test soon thereafter? Seems like it may be silly to think so, but it would be nice :).

And I'm cancelling because of that damn game. And I'm sure I killed the other sections.

Why are you canceling if you killed the rest of the test? At least two of the games were very easy. If you did really well on LR and RC, even if you got every question wrong in the zones game, you might still end up with a score in the low 170s.

relevantfactor

Postby relevantfactor » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Swimp wrote:
relevantfactor wrote:

Why are you canceling if you killed the rest of the test? At least two of the games were very easy. If you did really well on LR and RC, even if you got every question wrong in the zones game, you might still end up with a score in the low 170s.

Good question.
I know this sounds wrong in many levels, but I'm not settling for anything less than 175+. I need to make up for my GPA. And my average has been higher than that. I know I was on top of my game on the other sections, but I already had the mentality that if I screw up even one part of it, I'm retaking - so there it is. I will rip December apart and eat it's heart.

Taus11

Postby Taus11 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:52 pm

relevantfactor wrote:
Swimp wrote:
relevantfactor wrote:

Good question.
I know this sounds wrong in many levels, but I'm not settling for anything less than 175+. I need to make up for my GPA. And my average has been higher than that. I know I was on top of my game on the other sections, but I already had the mentality that if I screw up even one part of it, I'm retaking - so there it is. I will rip December apart and eat it's heart.

It's ultimately your decision, but just make sure to think about the decision carefully. I almost cancelled my test after June because I thought I had completely bombed RC. Ended up fine. The truth is that there is no guarantee a similar thing won't happen in your December test - what are you gonna do then? Do you expect to have a perfect test? Are you okay with having no score at all (or a lower score than you would have gotten now), then have to sit out a cycle? I am all for having high goals. However, I don't understand the cancelling if not 175+ mindset.

I retook this past Saturday, but I sure as hell felt good about it because I knew I had a solid score to fall back on.

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Hmmm if I completely bungled 3 out of 4 games on LG, what would the best case scenario be for the overall score if I killed it on the other sections?

/wishful thinking

relevantfactor

Postby relevantfactor » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Taus11 wrote:It's ultimately your decision, but just make sure to think about the decision carefully. I almost cancelled my test after June because I thought I had completely bombed RC. Ended up fine. The truth is that there is no guarantee a similar thing won't happen in your December test - what are you gonna do then? Do you expect to have a perfect test? Are you okay with having no score at all (or a lower score than you would have gotten now), then have to sit out a cycle? I am all for having high goals. However, I don't understand the cancelling if not 175+ mindset.

I retook this past Saturday, but I sure as hell felt good about it because I knew I had a solid score to fall back on.

Taus,
Good advice..
I'm pretty confident of 170+. I might not cancel and just retake in December if anything. Just so much effort and knowledge for less than what I planned...Honestly, I felt the test was easy just that one game... I spent about 12 minutes on it and I'm still not confident. Yeah I cancelled June so Dec. is my third retake.

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:03 pm

How many do you think you missed on the rest of the test? Sounds like this test may be a -12 curve, in which case -7 would be 175. If you guessed on all 6 questions, you either got one or two right in all likelihood, so that would leave you a two or three question cushion. Also doesn't a 172/3, or something like that, look better than a cancellation? Cancellation seems to make something in the 160's the most likely outcome from an adcom's perspective, even if you end up with a stellar score.

relevantfactor

Postby relevantfactor » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:18 pm

ws81086n wrote:How many do you think you missed on the rest of the test? Sounds like this test may be a -12 curve, in which case -7 would be 175. If you guessed on all 6 questions, you either got one or two right in all likelihood, so that would leave you a two or three question cushion. Also doesn't a 172/3, or something like that, look better than a cancellation? Cancellation seems to make something in the 160's the most likely outcome from an adcom's perspective, even if you end up with a stellar score.

I don't think adcoms care too much about cancellation, but I may be wrong. Lol, I felt pretty confident on all sections. I'm assuming I went -0 to -1 on both my LR sections, and -0 to -2 on my RC. I had a game experimental that was really easy and then the zoning I guessed as best as I could i think I did ok on the other games even though I didn't have time to check my answers due to the zoning game, but wouldn't be surprised if I missed all 6 of them I wouldn't be surprised. I will just let this score stick and retake in Dec as well. I really doubt we will have that much of a curve for this test. Aside from the zoning game, it was pretty easy, especially the LR.

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:23 pm

relevantfactor wrote:
ws81086n wrote:How many do you think you missed on the rest of the test? Sounds like this test may be a -12 curve, in which case -7 would be 175. If you guessed on all 6 questions, you either got one or two right in all likelihood, so that would leave you a two or three question cushion. Also doesn't a 172/3, or something like that, look better than a cancellation? Cancellation seems to make something in the 160's the most likely outcome from an adcom's perspective, even if you end up with a stellar score.

I don't think adcoms care too much about cancellation, but I may be wrong. Lol, I felt pretty confident on all sections. I'm assuming I went -0 to -1 on both my LR sections, and -0 to -2 on my RC. I had a game experimental that was really easy and then the zoning I guessed as best as I could i think I did ok on the other games even though I didn't have time to check my answers due to the zoning game, but wouldn't be surprised if I missed all 6 of them I wouldn't be surprised. I will just let this score stick and retake in Dec as well. I really doubt we will have that much of a curve for this test. Aside from the zoning game, it was pretty easy, especially the LR.

You canceling would be objectively stupid as fuck. HTH. If you have a shitty GPA to make up for, then none of the schools you can get into (Schools besides HYS) average and you wouldn't lose anything by having your test scored. If you think it's within the realm of possibility that you aced the rest of the test, canceling would be absurd.

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:27 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
relevantfactor wrote:

You canceling would be objectively stupid as fuck. HTH. If you have a shitty GPA to make up for, then none of the schools you can get into (Schools besides HYS) average and you wouldn't lose anything by having your test scored. If you think it's within the realm of possibility that you aced the rest of the test, canceling would be absurd.

Yeah man it sounds like cancelling would be really dumb. Everyone else seems to think the LR and RC were challenging, so the fact that you thought it was easy bodes well for your performance in terms of questions missed and curve.

relevantfactor

Postby relevantfactor » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:04 pm

RC has always been my worst section. But I started to really drill a lot of RC passages, and do a lot of studying prior to the test focusing on it. LG was always my best section, and it turned out to be the most difficult on the test day.

My GPA is a 3.6 which is below HYS's mediam GPA. Since I started studying for retake I have always been thinking in the mentality of 175+. And I have put in at the very least 450 hours of prep in a period of at least 6 months. I went over MLSAT, PS, Velocity, TM. And I took every single test(While a lot of those I did drill beforehand). However, my recent PTs all have been very decent, while it did go down a bit, 66 was a pleasant 177 with -0 on RC. LR seemed to become easier as my RC became better and MLSAT really helped me perfect that section. I did slack on LG a bit, and I guess I could have drilled harder those killer games with mapping and what not which had always been my weakness. I'm going to let this score stick, hoping that I aced all the other sections which is within the realm of possibilities. However, I hope I don't destroy any chances at HYS by doing so, if I ever had any to begin with. Thanks for the advice though. TLS has always been supportive, and I hope to give back one day.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”