Need Help Deciding Whether Or Not To Cancel My Score

sonya396
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:46 pm

Need Help Deciding Whether Or Not To Cancel My Score

Postby sonya396 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I just took the LSAT on Saturday 10/6/12 and really need help deciding whether or not to cancel my score. Here is my story:

I work full time and have been studying for the past 3 months as much as that would allow. I have the Princeton Review Online Course and I swtched on and off between that and just going through questions myself and timed sections and tests. The highest score I got with this method was a 155 2 weeks before the test and my realistic goal was a 160 but I really felt like I was right on the brink of getting over my trouble with arguments which were my downfall. Regardless, I crammed as much as I could the last two weeks and felt a little more confident.

Well, with my luck I got a terrible sinues infection two days before the test. I tried to do everything to make sure my head was clear for the test but I know I was not on top of my game. I am still recovering from it and I know it was at its worst right on Saturday. I got through it but I know I struggled with time on every section and eneded up guessing on atleast 3 in every section and honestly do not have much confidence with what I actually answered.

Should I cancel my score and re-vamp my study efforts and make sure I am healthy for the December test? My only fear is that I have been told to apply before Thanksgiving especially since my GPA is 3.4 and not to hot either. I am not looking to get into Top 14 but I would like to feel secure about schools like UCONN, UK and those in DC and the surrounding area, and just know that I did my best.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

User avatar
nick_scheu
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: Need Help Deciding Whether Or Not To Cancel My Score

Postby nick_scheu » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Sounds like a cancel to me.

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Need Help Deciding Whether Or Not To Cancel My Score

Postby cinephile » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:24 pm

sonya396 wrote: I am not looking to get into Top 14 but I would like to feel secure about schools like UCONN, UK and those in DC and the surrounding area, and just know that I did my best.

Thanks in advance for any advice!


That's a huge geographic range and I'm not sure what you mean about schools surrounding DC. You should probably narrow down your region and pick the top school there if you're not going to a T14.

But in response to your question, if you know that you weren't at the top of your game and you underperformed, then a cancel sounds right. Some people feel like they need to know, but if that's not you then cancel.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mintme, Tazewell, Vino.Veritas and 7 guests