Yes: Test center violation resulting in dismissal of examinee
8%
No: Test takers can follow rules
52%

Total votes: 75

uvabro

Re: Test Center Violations

Postby uvabro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:57 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Overconfidence in LSAT scores by recent test takes is hilarious because even if they did score well, relying on your LSAT score for self confidence is pretty weak.

i meant overconfidence in scoring result..... if it's overall self confidence i agree. but i'd be pretty confident i'd do well on the lsat because i've done it before.... my jump shot, not as much.

abcde12345

Postby abcde12345 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:57 pm

paratactical wrote:You are retarded.

Sunny's comment says that overconfidence is hilarious not that you have overconfidence. However, I will say that given your ability to read and comprehend, any confidence in your LSAT performance is probably overconfidence.

I don't think that's fair. I simply misunderstood sunny's comment. I took him/her to be saying that "in general, recent takers have overconfidence." That is a simple misinterpretation. I did not read the backstory. I apologize to sunny for misinterpreting his/her comment.

Second, I really don't appreciate your use of the word retarded.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:59 pm

abcde12345 wrote:Second, I really don't appreciate your use of the word retarded.

YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:00 pm

abcde12345 wrote:But does more than one person live in Tennessee?

It's possible that there's only one person in Tennessee, but if so, they're posting from two different ISPs in two different cities.

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:10 pm

it's funny this actually happened, but the pt about LSAC taking the word of 1 crazy person is a smart 1. as evidenced by their behavior on here, they are either a.) not very smart [i.e. jumping to ad hominem attacks] and not going to get into a good law school regardless, or b.) not mentally stable.

it might be because i go to uva, and my only other knowledge with law school students are based on TTTT crazy "I'm gonna change the system" and "justice for all" intense jerks, but OP seems very TTTT.

Example: TTTT kid, "If I'm paying 50k a year, the professor has an obligation to keep explaining it till I get it or I can sue for breach of contract." TTTT kid, "I saw someone speeding so I called the cops to tell them about it."

The top-14 kid tends to shut up and reads a supplement, and doesn't give a shit about minor law breaking around them.

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:39 pm

What's funny is it's common knowledge that law students are more uptight than the average person, and TLS is more uptight than the average law student yet OP freaked out at being called out for being too uptight about reporting this despite what the proctor said, and really sees themselves as some kind of cool vigilante fighting a world of rule breakers. It's kind of hilarious in this context, and has helped me cope with the stresses of law school. Thank you OP.

lshopes

Postby lshopes » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 pm

uvabro wrote:What's funny is it's common knowledge that law students are more uptight than the average person, and TLS is more uptight than the average law student yet OP freaked out at being called out for being too uptight about reporting this despite what the proctor said, and really sees themselves as some kind of cool vigilante fighting a world of rule breakers. It's kind of hilarious in this context, and has helped me cope with the stresses of law school. Thank you OP.

You are welcome.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Does OP have PhD?

Postby 20130312 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:04 am

vanwinkle wrote:
paratactical wrote:
uvabro wrote:so is the verdict they're a troll as in this never happened or a troll as in they're a douche?

I'm pretty sure it's not a troll at this point. I'm guessing I was right about the beamer and they won't be back.

Fun facts for you guys:

1) OP actually is posting from Tennessee like they said.

2) OP doesn't appear to be an alt of an existing poster.

3) Poster who claimed to be there and corroborate the story is not an alt of OP, and posts from a different account in Tennessee.

I'm gonna guess OP is real. Just thought I'd share to put an end to that debate.

Mind blown. I guess I just didn't want to believe that people like this actually exist.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:08 am

InGoodFaith wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
paratactical wrote:
uvabro wrote:so is the verdict they're a troll as in this never happened or a troll as in they're a douche?

I'm pretty sure it's not a troll at this point. I'm guessing I was right about the beamer and they won't be back.

Fun facts for you guys:

1) OP actually is posting from Tennessee like they said.

2) OP doesn't appear to be an alt of an existing poster.

3) Poster who claimed to be there and corroborate the story is not an alt of OP, and posts from a different account in Tennessee.

I'm gonna guess OP is real. Just thought I'd share to put an end to that debate.

Mind blown. I guess I just didn't want to believe that people like this actually exist.

OP = Vanwinkle Alt

WanderingPondering

Postby WanderingPondering » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:33 am

lshopes wrote:
uvabro wrote:What's funny is it's common knowledge that law students are more uptight than the average person, and TLS is more uptight than the average law student yet OP freaked out at being called out for being too uptight about reporting this despite what the proctor said, and really sees themselves as some kind of cool vigilante fighting a world of rule breakers. It's kind of hilarious in this context, and has helped me cope with the stresses of law school. Thank you OP.

You are welcome.

She's still lurking. There's been a little lull and everyone's become a little bit more relaxed, but we should really be preparing for a counterattack. The second she senses that we've let our guard down, she'll go for the knockout.

!Kung 2012: Never Forget

Mr. Frodo

Postby Mr. Frodo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:35 am

OP = Vanwinkle Alt

Holy shit this GIF is fantastic!!!

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:35 am

Mr. Frodo wrote:

I really hope you're kidding.

Postby 20130312 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:38 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Mr. Frodo wrote:

Prepare for these tards to join us in the lounge once Oct. scores are released.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:43 am

InGoodFaith wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Mr. Frodo wrote:

Prepare for these tards to join us in the lounge once Oct. scores are released.

Go ahead, hate on old gifs. See if I care.

Mr. Frodo

Postby Mr. Frodo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:57 am

I'm glad I'm a tard for appreciating a good GIF. TLS has become an unhappy place... :?

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:10 am

Eberry wrote:OP will be a great lawyer because he defends justice and obviously likes to argue. All of you are just h8ers.

"...likes to argue..."

One of the absolute worst reasons to become a lawyer. Great lawyers don't like to "argue", they love the arts of persuasion and deal-making...arts they spend their lives trying to perfect. I know it seems like semantics but it isn't. I suppose average public defenders "like to argue", and they spend their lives doing it in futility...for peanuts!

They like to argue about how their (usually but not always guilty) clients are innocent. They like to argue over ambiguous evidence, etc. If you want to be that kind of lawyer, I suppose there's value in that.

A good public defender develops the art of the deal, because he understands that most of his clients are guilty and will admit it to him. When he goes to court, he goes based on a good probability of winning, say about 70%.

I haven't even mentioned corporate attorneys, etc. Superior lawyering is not about arguing, and it's not about playing fair either. It's about winning. To do that, one must argue as little as possible.

My point is, OP focused his energy on another test-taker for absolutely no personal reward himself. He essentially got into an argument with...himself, and now he's paying the price! he should have kept his mouth shut and took his test!

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:55 am

PDaddy wrote:
Eberry wrote:OP will be a great lawyer because he defends justice and obviously likes to argue. All of you are just h8ers.

"...likes to argue..."

One of the absolute worst reasons to become a lawyer.

I'm pretty sure the person you're responding to was being sarcastic.

Eberry

Postby Eberry » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:23 am

PDaddy wrote:

"...likes to argue..."

One of the absolute worst reasons to become a lawyer. Great lawyers don't like to "argue", they love the arts of persuasion and deal-making...arts they spend their lives trying to perfect. I know it seems like semantics but it isn't. I suppose average public defenders "like to argue", and they spend their lives doing it in futility...for peanuts!

They like to argue about how their (usually but not always guilty) clients are innocent. They like to argue over ambiguous evidence, etc. If you want to be that kind of lawyer, I suppose there's value in that.

A good public defender develops the art of the deal, because he understands that most of his clients are guilty and will admit it to him. When he goes to court, he goes based on a good probability of winning, say about 70%.

I haven't even mentioned corporate attorneys, etc. Superior lawyering is not about arguing, and it's not about playing fair either. It's about winning. To do that, one must argue as little as possible.

My point is, OP focused his energy on another test-taker for absolutely no personal reward himself. He essentially got into an argument with...himself, and now he's paying the price! he should have kept his mouth shut and took his test!

You're a great arguer!

vanwinkle wrote:
PDaddy wrote:

"...likes to argue..."

One of the absolute worst reasons to become a lawyer.

I'm pretty sure the person you're responding to was being sarcastic.

Hello!

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Thinking about making a movie about this one. A desperate man who was taking the LSAT after cancelling twice gets his 3rd score (180) nullified because of a wanna be vigilante soccer mom and sees his legal career go up in flames. The man, realizing he has nothing left to live for, goes after the soccer mom, destroying everything and everyone who gets in his way.

It'll be just like The Terminator.

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 pm

DaRascal wrote:Thinking about making a movie about this one. A desperate man who was taking the LSAT after cancelling twice gets his 3rd score (180) nullified because of a wanna be vigilante soccer mom and sees his legal career go up in flames. The man, realizing he has nothing left to live for, goes after the soccer mom, destroying everything and everyone who gets in his way.

It'll be just like The Terminator.

this sounds more like cape fear.

Eberry

Postby Eberry » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:52 am

Kaytei

Postby Kaytei » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:27 am

What have you done?!
I was in that room. If my score is delayed because of this, you have completely screwed me over this cycle. Do you understand how many people you threw under the bus because you were upset that the proctor called you out and she didn't respond the way you wanted?
How could you have such little disregard for all the other people in that room? How could you be so selfish?
After all the time I have spent waiting on my score and trying to get my apps finished in time for Early Action deadlines, to find out someone screwed me over like this is unreal. Maybe with all your supposed money you can apply for multiple cycles, but this one is my one shot. Do you even fully understand the implications of what you have done?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:49 am

Kaytei wrote:What have you done?!
I was in that room. If my score is delayed because of this, you have completely screwed me over this cycle. Do you understand how many people you threw under the bus becuase you were upset that the proctor called you out and she didn't respond the way you wanted?
How could you have such little disregard for all the other people in that room? How could you be so selfish?
After all the time I have spent waiting on my score and trying to get my apps finished in time for Early Action deadlines, to find out someone screwed me over like this is unreal. Maybe you can apply for multiple cycles, but this one is my one shot. Do you even fully understand the implications of what you have done?

The integrity of the LSAT, law schools everywhere, and society itself rests upon the strictest application of rules and laws in all situations, regardless of context. I'm sorry that you perceive yourself as collateral damage, but try to understand the greater meaning of this great crusade for justice.

hume85

Postby hume85 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:58 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Kaytei wrote:What have you done?!
I was in that room. If my score is delayed because of this, you have completely screwed me over this cycle. Do you understand how many people you threw under the bus becuase you were upset that the proctor called you out and she didn't respond the way you wanted?
After all the time I have spent waiting on my score and trying to get my apps finished in time for Early Action deadlines, to find out someone screwed me over like this is unreal. Maybe you can apply for multiple cycles, but this one is my one shot. Do you even fully understand the implications of what you have done?

The integrity of the LSAT, law schools everywhere, and society itself rests upon the strictest application of rules and laws in all situations, regardless of context. I'm sorry that you perceive yourself as collateral damage, but try to understand the greater meaning of this great crusade for justice.

Sarcasm fail, but you put in a good effort and came close.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”